Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Depends on what you call as elite. If you are talking about the 1% ers in america then yes, I would say as a group, they have a larger than average number of elite members

Mostly affluent twenty somethings who have no real understanding on how the world works.

I dont suppose you have anything to back that up apart from your own prejudice?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Weeklings who live with their moms.
    Supersoldier terrorists ruining the country and turning it communist.
    Elite 1% millionaires

All at the same time

wow

I dont suppose you have anything to back that up apart from your own prejudice?

You may call it prejudice, I would call it an educated guess. I am basing this on my experiences of seeing them being interviewed, seeing their marches etc.

I am very sorry that I have no citation, I didn't think it was required for every opinion on this site.

That post came across as very hostile. I am sure you didn't intend it to be.

You may call it prejudice, I would call it an educated guess. I am basing this on my experiences of seeing them being interviewed, seeing their marches etc.

I am very sorry that I have no citation, I didn't think it was required for every opinion on this site.

so they come across as smart and well-educated then? the polar opposite of the knuckledraggers they are opposed to.

no idea why you would think that.

20Cent wrote: »
    Elite 1% millionaires

All at the same time

wow

I think you may have accidentally misrepresented what has been said.

Nobody mentioned what you said above (except perhaps, the weakling remark)

I'm sure it wasn't your intention to engage in such dishonest tactics.

• Advertisement

Throw up some of these interviews then giz a look/

so they come across as smart and well-educated then? the polar opposite of the knuckledraggers they are opposed to.

I never said that. I said they were affluent. That doesn't mean smart and well educated.

Throw up some of these interviews then giz a look/

I'm in work. I can't go on youtube at the moment. From memory, Steven Crowder did an infiltration video where Not-Gay Jared posed as a member. I'm sure you can find it with a quick search.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Elite 1% millionaires

All at the same time

wow

The real kicker is when white supremacists label anybody else elitists..

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Well they are young people living in America so technically on a global scale ya you could call them elites or at least argue that they are in a massively privileged position compared to the majority of the rest of the world population.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I think you may have accidentally misrepresented what has been said.

Nobody mentioned what you said above (except perhaps, the weakling remark)

I'm sure it wasn't your intention to engage in such dishonest tactics.
    As the saying goes... Think again.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

You have to laugh at Trumpers banging on about the rich elites while they hero worship a man who lives in a €100m penthouse on 5th Avenue

I'm in work. I can't go on youtube at the moment. From memory, Steven Crowder did an infiltration video where Not-Gay Jared posed as a member. I'm sure you can find it with a quick search.

Yes the research by "Not-Gay Jared" must be very extensive :)

Top 1% is a net worth of over 10 million dollars.

These antifa folks must be really successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Well they are young people living in America so technically on a global scale ya you could call them elites or at least argue that they are in a massively privileged position compared to the majority of the rest of the world population.

Even some of the poor in the West are technically better off than in other parts of the world. Antifa don't seem to be from the blue-collar or the rural communities of the USA. They seem to be the children of urban baby-boomer professionals and are completely confused about what anarchism and fascism actually are.

Yes the research by "Not-Gay Jared" must be very extensive :)

Top 1% is a net worth of over 10 million dollars.

These antifa folks must be really successful.

I didn't ask you to watch it. You asked for an example of one of the interviews I saw. I gave it. I don't mind if you don't watch it. No need to mock though. It's not very nice.

That may be true about the American 1% being 10 million dollars. I believe that refers to the top 1% worth and not income. There are lots of different figures. Anyway, globally, they'd definitely be in the 1%. I am aware that I originally stated America, I may have been incorrect.

Success isn't always about money anyway.

I didn't ask you to watch it. You asked for an example of one of the interviews I saw. I gave it. I don't mind if you don't watch it. No need to mock though. It's not very nice.

That may be true about the American 1% being 10 million dollars. I believe that refers to the top 1% worth and not income. There are lots of different figures. Anyway, globally, they'd definitely be in the 1%. I am aware that I originally stated America, I may have been incorrect.

Success isn't always about money anyway.

Watched it: https://youtu.be/RmNz2jGzsDA
    No mention of income.
    Very edited unprofessional video.

I think most of what people think about antifa comes from far right trolls exaggerating them. A fake antifa twitter account ‘Harrisburg Antifa’ alleged that antifascists would burn flags and urinate on the graves of Confederate soldiers.
    A load of right wing nutbags turned up and one of them managed to shoot himself in the leg!

Watched it: https://youtu.be/RmNz2jGzsDA
    No mention of income.
    Very edited unprofessional video.

I think most of what people think about antifa comes from far right trolls exaggerating them. A fake antifa twitter account ‘Harrisburg Antifa’ alleged that antifascists would burn flags and urinate on the graves of Confederate soldiers.
    A load of right wing nutbags turned up and one of them managed to shoot himself in the leg!
    I think most of what people think about antifa comes from what their own eyes see! Lots of videos and media reports of the physical violence and property destruction they commit on camera by antifa... knowing their masks keep them from being identified.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    I think most of what people think about antifa comes from what their own eyes see! Lots of videos and media reports of the physical violence and property destruction they commit on camera by antifa... knowing their masks keep them from being identified.

The Dunne literally referenced a fake as fook video a couple of posts ago.
    There are many examples of fake antifa social media accounts causing right wingers to loose their nut.

The Dunne literally referenced a fake as fook video a couple of posts ago.
    There are many examples of fake antifa social media accounts causing right wingers to loose their nut.
    One fake video does not make a vile and disgusting group legitimate. What about the hundreds of legit videos and news reports putting their despicable actions into light? Or should we apply the hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil approach because of one fake video?

From memory I don't think that the Crowder video was fake. You are entitled to your opinion on it but I have always found Crowder to be quite transparent with his videos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Elite 1% millionaires

All at the same time

wow

You laugh… but they’ll turn on you eventually. The left always eats their own ;)

no idea why you would think that.

You can’t just go around calling people, knuckledraggers and prejudice.

Overheal wrote: »
    The real kicker is when white supremacists label anybody else elitists..

I’m sure you didn’t mean to call posters white supremacists now.

mad muffin wrote: »
    You can’t just go around calling people, knuckledraggers and prejudice.

I can quite happily call the knuckledraggers that antifa are engaged with knuckledraggers. I have no problem doing that at all. drooling neanderthals the lot of them.

I can quite happily call the knuckledraggers that antifa are engaged with knuckledraggers. I have no problem doing that at all. drooling neanderthals the lot of them.

I would say anyone who has to resort to violence to prove their point is wrong.

From memory I don't think that the Crowder video was fake. You are entitled to your opinion on it but I have always found Crowder to be quite transparent with his videos.

"Super secret encryption" app
    Infiltrated them for months yet only have a few minutes of footage.
    Guns and knives though antifa haven't used either at a protest.
    Edited with no context.

Fake as hell.

Crowder is another right wing grifter cashing in on the gullible.
    Unfortunately it has real world consequences.

I would say anyone who has to resort to violence to prove their point is wrong.

well then you have an issue with the people antifa are opposed to. they seem quite happy to kill people.

You laugh… but they’ll turn on you eventually. The left always eats their own ;)

They are watching me right now!!lol

Bet 90% of what you read or saw about them is fake.

It's a handful of people defending themselves are far right events not the bad guys from a James Bond movie.

well then you have an issue with the people antifa are opposed to. they seem quite happy to kill people.

I’m against any form of extremism and any form of violence. Especially if you are attacking a peaceful protest because you don’t like what they are protesting.

If you don’t like it. Get a permit and protest against it. Who the **** do they think they are going out and attacking peaceful protestor? Journalists they don’t agree with. And trying to blow up detention centres.

They are effectively no better than the likes of Timothy McVeigh.

An as to the right wingers neo nazi scum I too say a big fu. Their country men fought Hitler and nazis so we could live in a better world.

• Advertisement

I’m against any form of extremism and any form of violence. Especially if you are attacking a peaceful protest because you don’t like what they are protesting.

If you don’t like it. Get a permit and protest against it. Who the **** do they think they are going out and attacking peaceful protestor? Journalists they don’t agree with. And trying to blow up detention centres.

They are effectively no better than the likes of Timothy McVeigh.

An as to the right wingers neo nazi scum I too say a big fu. Their country men fought Hitler and nazis so we could live in a better world.

fascists dont do peaceful protest. they do it to intimidate. emboldened by the cheeto. **** em

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement