Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

mad muffin wrote: »

They are effectively no better than the likes of Timothy McVeigh.

Effectively no better than someone who actually killed 168 people in a bombing? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

So after looking for the Stephen Crowder video my youtube is now full of altright nonsense.

Good one some of the posters here should have a look at though.
    Un 2014 I (Caleb Cain) became radicalized into a far-right reactionary movement. The rest is history. I am now working hard to help deradicalize young people online.

https://youtu.be/sfLa64_zLrU

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

20Cent wrote: »
    They are watching me right now!!lol

Bet 90% of what you read or saw about them is fake.

It's a handful of people defending themselves are far right events not the bad guys from a James Bond movie.

You believe that if you want. Until you start saying things that they don’t like. Then you too will be a target. Just because you think that you’re not an extreme right wing neo nazi. That you are safe.

They are anarchists. They don’t stand for government. Law. Order. Just to fight what they think at the time is ”evil” of the time. Doesn’t make them any less evil themselves. If they don’t like something they can report it to the authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

You believe that if you want. Until you start saying things that they don’t like. Then you too will be a target. Just because you think that your not an extreme right wing neo nazi. That you are safe.

They are anarchists. They don’t stand for government. Law. Order. Just to fight what they think at the time is ”evil” of the time. Doesn’t make them any less evil themselves. If they don’t like something they can report it to the authorities.

Dude you are hysterical.
    Calm down, they won't get you lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Not fake... antifa. Just a sampling of these lovely SJW's in action.
    <snip>

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

fascists dont do peaceful protest. they do it to intimidate. emboldened by the cheeto. **** em

They might be emboldened by trump. But not because of anything he has signalled or said to them. They are emboldened by the leftists hate for trump.

It makes them feel better because the know that he get a negative reaction from them.

They react like that because the lefts usual mo if they don’t like something is to bully you into silence. Call you racist. And trump doesn’t fall for that.

If the left should educate through knowledge. Not intimidation. Not through silencing those that they think are spreading hate speech. Let them talk. Then come up and show them how wrong they are. Then people might think for themselves. And go aha. You know what. That racist rant is totally bull****. Not because some leftists told them it is. But because someone to the time to educate them.

Now as to trump being a racist. That’s just the Dems tactic. Not because they think it’s true. Most of what trump says. The dems themselves have said. Most of the laws that they say trump enacted are from Obama’s administration and before. Only recently trump enacted the first step act. To reverse bill clintons draconian drug laws from 94. Some 3 thousand African American prisoners got released from being incarcerated for decades for the most minor drug offences.

The white supremacists aren’t happy with that. Why is trump our racist figurehead releasing thousands of black prisoners?

Effectively no better than someone who actually killed 168 people in a bombing? Really?

Yes really. Do you think he just started at Oklahoma City? That was the end of. Wing involved with extremists.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

They might be emboldened by trump. But not because of anything he has signalled or said to them. They are emboldened by the leftists hate for trump.

It makes them feel better because the know that he get a negative reaction from them.

They react like that because the lefts usual mo if they don’t like something is to bully you into silence. Call you racist. And trump doesn’t fall for that.

If the left should educate through knowledge. Not intimidation. Not through silencing those that they think are spreading hate speech. Let them talk. Then come up and show them how wrong they are. Then people might think for themselves. And go aha. You know what. That racist rant is totally bull****. Not because some leftists told them it is. But because someone to the time to educate them.

Now as to trump being a racist. That’s just the Dems tactic. Not because they think it’s true. Most of what trump says. The dems themselves have said. Most of the laws that they say trump enacted are from Obama’s administration and before. Only recently trump enacted the first step act. To reverse bill clintons draconian drug laws from 94. Some 3 thousand African American prisoners got released from being incarcerated for decades for the most minor drug offences.

The white supremacists aren’t happy with that. Why is trump our racist figurehead releasing thousands of black prisoners?

complete pure and utter bull****. absolutely no point discussing it further with you.

complete pure and utter bull****. absolutely no point discussing it further with you.

Thank you for making my point. A thousand thank yous. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

fascists dont do peaceful protest. they do it to intimidate. emboldened by the cheeto. **** em

The fascists and neo-Nazis at these events really are a minority, it's mostly libertarians and right of centre Republicans, some anarchists too. If Antifa didn't show up it would just be a bunch of people making speeches which will be largely ignored by the people shopping and sight-seeing and whatever else they're doing. The ones that go to the extent of murder will do it irrespective of rallies being disrupted by Antifa.

Antifa in their deluded sense of valour actually think that they're keeping fascism under wraps by showing up and trying to beat these people up. All they're doing is clogging up emergency wards and creating strife where there would have been none initially.

If Stormfront start holding rallies in my neighbourhood on a Saturday morning and they're not actually harming anybody, I'm not going to round up the lads in hoodies and start clocking the heads off them. If I did it's going to escalate and attract others who want to let out some rage on the streets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Still makes me laugh how the alt right trolls are so under the boot of daddy donald that they won't consider any criticism from any media that daddy donald hasn't himself approved. Then they talk about anyone who disagrees with themselves as brainwashed sheeple. You are willingly programmed to be a propaganda machine, the ultimate cuckolding :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

snowblind wrote: »
    Still makes me laugh how the alt right trolls are so under the boot of daddy donald that they won't consider any criticism from any media that daddy donald hasn't himself approved. Then they talk about anyone who disagrees with themselves as brainwashed sheeple. You are willingly programmed to be a propaganda machine, the ultimate cuckolding :pac:
    It's funny cos it's true

I still find it bizarre that you would continue being insulting and disparaging in your posts. I assume you aren't talking about any posters here. If so, I think you are reading into other peoples posts to see what you want to see. I see no "propaganda machines", "ultimate cucks" or any alt right trolls, just people with different opinions.

But if indeed you are sitting at home and laughing while typing "daddy donald" then that says more about you than it does about those you are typing about.

I still find it bizarre that you would continue being insulting and disparaging in your posts. I assume you aren't talking about any posters here. If so, I think you are reading into other peoples posts to see what you want to see. I see no "propaganda machines", "ultimate cucks" or any alt right trolls, just people with different opinions.

But if indeed you are sitting at home and laughing while typing "daddy donald" then that says more about you than it does about those you are typing about.
    Sadly, it is all too evident at times that hate is all the US left have left.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Well they are young people living in America so technically on a global scale ya you could call them elites or at least argue that they are in a massively privileged position compared to the majority of the rest of the world population.

Heck of a special shifting goalpost that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

People can approve of Trump's policies or even some of his policies while still not liking him as a person or believing every word that comes out of his mouth. Any progressives that go to bed angry about Trump should thank the stars that their globalist approach in the past few years hasn't created some kind of genuine authoritarian regime. If Giliad comes into effect, it will because of the labours of these people, not the alt-right or regular people who don't like open borders.

Modern-liberals\progressives\anti-fascists can label anybody that they disagree with as being fascist without a shred of evidence and then just do a mic-drop, pat themselves on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Overheal wrote: »
    Heck of a special shifting goalpost that

How's that ?

notobtuse wrote: »
    I think most of what people think about antifa comes from what their own eyes see! Lots of videos and media reports of the physical violence and property destruction they commit on camera by antifa... knowing their masks keep them from being identified.
    That’s not your own eyes...

In more than a few cases, video gets woefully miscaptioned or is, as you kids like to say: “fake news”

http://snopes.com/fact-check/antifa-member-photographed-beating-police-officer/

I’m sure you didn’t mean to call posters white supremacists now.

Wow suddenly your powers of inference have kicked back on? Just yesterday you couldn’t tell Trump called the black population of Baltimore rats but now you jump to the conclusion I’m calling you a white supremacist (also, you’re a green muppet?)

That’s not your own eyes...

In more than a few cases, video gets woefully miscaptioned or is, as you kids like to say: “fake news”

http://snopes.com/fact-check/antifa-member-photographed-beating-police-officer/
    Was that in one of the clips I offered or are you just riding the pale white disingenuous horse?

• Advertisement

How's that ?

Because it is a pointless undermine of the subject. Kind of like if you engaged in a discussion on poverty in the US, lost the argument, and then fobbed off muttering “well they’re still better off than 90% of the world..”

Here you’ve tried to apply very special goalposts to make the square peg of “Antifa are elitists” into a round hole. QED: homeless in the US are elitists because they’re better off, globally? Lol

Was that in one of the clips I offered or are you just riding the pale white disingenuous horse?

You mean the video links you’ve been dumping?

No. I don’t waste my time in video dumps. I don’t even entertain that garbage in Conspiracy Theories. Why waste hours of my life on unverifiable material?

No. I don’t waste my time in video dumps. I don’t even entertain that garbage in Conspiracy Theories. Why waste hours of my life on unverifiable material?

Why waste your time being condescending and confrontational on the internet?

I think you are being needlessly aggressive when responding to posters here.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Because it is a pointless undermine of the subject. Kind of like if you engaged in a discussion on poverty in the US, lost the argument, and then fobbed off muttering “well they’re still better off than 90% of the world..”

Here you’ve tried to apply very special goalposts to make the square peg of “Antifa are elitists” into a round hole. QED: homeless in the US are elitists because they’re better off, globally? Lol

I assume homeless in the US would get more support than the homeless of many other countries but its still an awful existence. Thats a side point, Im responding to this notion that Antifa are some under class fighting for justice, being held down by "the man" and that they are being oppressed somehow. They're not, they're overly privileged Americans living comfortable and safe life for the most part.

Why waste your time being condescending and confrontational on the internet?

I think you are being needlessly aggressive when responding to posters here.

You gonna complain about tone to the poster who asked if I was riding a disingenuous white horse... or are you just going to ride an ironically disingenuous white horse.

I assume homeless in the US would get more support than the homeless of many other countries but its still an awful existence. Thats a side point, Im responding to this notion that Antifa are some under class fighting for justice, being held down by "the man" and that they are being oppressed somehow. They're not, they're overly privileged Americans living comfortable and safe life for the most part.
    They’re not Occupy Wall Street, though?

Wasn’t aware opposing fascism required practicing asceticism.

You talk about fake videos but don't have time to watch real videos and news reports? Perhaps it best you don't waste any more of MY time. Thanks.

You talk about fake videos but don't have time to watch real videos and news reports? Perhaps it best you don't waste any more of MY time. Thanks.

Youtube is real news now?

Sadly, it is all too evident at times that hate is all the US left have left.

It’s actually worldwide. There is no western country left that isn’t affected by the leftists.

Since the rise of the leftists. There has been more violence. More division. Then ever before.

The left can do and say what ever they want. woe betide anyone who disagrees. They will be called a racist. They will be censored. They will be ostracised. They will be silenced. They will be ridiculed. And now thanks to antifa. They will be beaten up.

• Advertisement

Wow suddenly your powers of inference have kicked back on? Just yesterday you couldn’t tell Trump called the black population of Baltimore rats but now you jump to the conclusion I’m calling you a white supremacist (also, you’re a green muppet?)

Oh he did? Did he? He called them rats? That’s interesting…

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement