Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

notobtuse wrote: »
    I think most of what people think about antifa comes from what their own eyes see! Lots of videos and media reports of the physical violence and property destruction they commit on camera by antifa... knowing their masks keep them from being identified.

But I thought the media gave them a free ride and didn’t report the violence they committed?

100lb weaklings, who are an intimidating violent mob, who live in their mom’s basement, while being part of the elite ruling class, who get a free ride by the media and we know this because of what we see in the news.

Do Antifa exist in a 4 dimensional, quantum state?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

mad muffin wrote: »
    You believe that if you want. Until you start saying things that they don’t like. Then you too will be a target. Just because you think that you’re not an extreme right wing neo nazi. That you are safe.

They are anarchists. They don’t stand for government. Law. Order. Just to fight what they think at the time is ”evil” of the time. Doesn’t make them any less evil themselves. If they don’t like something they can report it to the authorities.

They aren’t all anarchists. You don’t understand what an anarchist is.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Overheal wrote: »
    They’re not Occupy Wall Street, though?

Wasn’t aware opposing fascism required practicing asceticism.

Lol no sane person would put Antifa and self-discipline together. And they're not opposing fascism, not in anyway that I have seen anyway. They dislike the democratically elected president.
    Thats just a name they've given themselves. Im in AntiBad so if you don't agree with me, you are in favour of evil and you are a liar. See how silly that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

snowblind wrote: »
    I'm talking about the people here who won't take into consideration any other than Trump approved media. That's succumbing to be a propaganda machine, letting daddy trump have complete control over your ideas. Makes sense when we're talking about white supremacist with führer fantasies :rolleyes:

I think there's too much weight placed on Trump approved media, or on his influence in general. The white supremacists rely on pdfs of old books and essays to influence and share ideology. This stuff is a good deal more extreme than Sean Hannity, when people on the progressive side make monsters out of right of centre people and ideas and mislabel them as fascists they lessen the impact of the word and make themselves look hysterical.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Lol no sane person would put Antifa and self-discipline together. And they're not opposing fascism, not in anyway that I have seen anyway. They dislike the democratically elected president.
    Thats just a name they've given themselves. Im in AntiBad so if you don't agree with me, you are in favour of evil and you are a liar. See how silly that is.

They confronted the marchers at Charlottesville, the lot chanting the Jews will not replace us. And at dozens of other places. Most people dislike the president of the US.

• Advertisement

Seanachai wrote: »
    I think there's too much weight placed on Trump approved media, or on his influence in general. The white supremacists rely on pdfs of old books and essays to influence and share ideology. This stuff is a good deal more extreme than Sean Hannity, when people on the progressive make monsters out of right of centre people and ideas and mislabel them as fascists they lessen the impact of the word and make themselves look hysterical.

He wanted to ban muslims from entering the country, he regularly refers to the intelligence of black people, calls black areas rat infested etc etc they love hearing that it gives them support.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Brian? wrote: »
    But I thought the media gave them a free ride and didn’t report the violence they committed?

100lb weaklings, who are an intimidating violent mob, who live in their mom’s basement, while being part of the elite ruling class, who get a free ride by the media and we know this because of what we see in the news.

You make fun. And I suppose if you live in Ireland. You don’t get to experience the sort of things antifa does or the sort of things their violence inspires.

People see what they do and it emboldens them to do like wise.

People thinking they have the right to beat you up because you’re wearing a maga hat. Trying to rip it off your head. People thinking they have the right to rip of a t shirt from your body because it has maga on it.

People getting beat the **** up after a trump rally by an angry mob of liberals. As if they just came out of a neo nazi rally. Just ordinary folks mums and dads. Kids and grand kids. All getting shouted at. Sworn at. Spat at. Beaten up. Just because they dare to exercise their constitutional right to a peaceful assembly and have a republican rally.

And the police do nothing. They literally stand back and let it happen. Because their democrat registered superiors told the not to engage.

Security closing door behind the rally attendees as the mob closes in on them not letting them back in so they get assaulted.

And the media builds up this frenzy. By night after night. Going on air. And telling anyone who’s watch. Trump is a racist. Republicans are racists. They have concentration camps and are torturing small children. And it’s working.

The latest thing now is the 9\11 “lie” the media is telling anyone who will listen than he was never there. Never did anything. Lied to the first responders when he was making the speech. Just because one guy said. I never saw him there.

But there is a video of him there being interviewed by the news at the time. All conveniently ignored by the biased liberal media.

So you go ahead and laugh. Make jokes. But there are decent ordinary American citizens being hurt by this. Being silenced. Afraid to say they support trump and are voting republican.

20Cent wrote: »
    He wanted to ban muslims from entering the country, he regularly refers to the intelligence of black people, calls black areas rat infested etc etc they love hearing that it gives them support.

Did,you actually have a look at the list of banned countries? No I guess not.

He calls them rat infested because they are. They just happen to also be areas of majority African American.

If that’s racist. To shine a spotlight on the Dems for abandoning their own. Than god help us all.

Did,you actually have a look at the list of banned countries? No I guess not.

He calls them rat infested because they are. They just happen to also be areas of majority African American.

If that’s racist. To shine a spotlight on the Dems for abandoning their own. Than god help us all.

Just coincidence that he refers to black areas as rat infested.
    Refers to black people as low intelligence.
    Women just grab them by the ...............
    Calls black countries sh1tholes.

Horrible man.

Just coincidence that he refers to black areas as rat infested.
    Refers to black people as low intelligence.
    Women just grab them by the ...............
    Calls black countries sh1tholes.

Horrible man.

Fine…

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

I'm late to this thread but are people actually defending Antifa?

You make fun. And I suppose if you live in Ireland. You don’t get to experience the sort of things antifa does or the sort of things their violence inspires.

People thinking they have the right to beat you up because you’re wearing a maga hat. Trying to rip it off your head. People thinking they have the right to rip of a t shirt from your body because it has maga on it.

People getting beat the **** up after a trump rally by an angry mob of liberals. As if they just came out of a neo nazi rally. Just ordinary folks mums and dads. Kids and grand kids. All getting shouted at. Sworn at. Spat at. Beaten up. Just because they dare to exercise their constitutional right to a peaceful assembly and have a republican rally.

And the police do nothing. They literally stand back and let it happen. Because their democrat registered superiors told the not to engage.

Security closing door behind the rally attendees as the mob closes in on them not letting them back in so they get assaulted.

And the media builds up this frenzy. By night after night. Going on air. And telling anyone who’s watch. Trump is a racist. Republicans are racists. They have concentration camps and are torturing small children. And it’s working.

The latest thing now is the 9\11 “lie” the media is telling anyone who will listen than he was never there. Never did anything. Lied to the first responders when he was making the speech. Just because one guy said. I never saw him there.

But there is a video of him there being interviewed by the news at the time. All conveniently ignored by the biased liberal media.

So you go ahead and laugh. Make jokes. But there are decent ordinary American citizens being hurt by this. Being silenced. Afraid to say they support trump and are voting republican.

Great work of fiction there.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

You can argue for Trump all you want but at this stage to say he's not racist is a bit beyond comprehension.

Own it, stop denying the obvious. The birther conspiracy was a racist conspiracy, it was pushed because Obama was black. Similarly to tellling brown house members to go back where you came from. He wouldn't be saying that, and doesn't about white people who do exactly the same thing.

Do you think Trump feels, when he complains about both Germany and the US, that he should go back where he came from and fix the problems in Germany?

No, because he's white. He clealy feels that white people 'belong' more to the US.

As soon as he does something like tell Sanders to go back to Poland and fix the problenm there, i'll withdraw this comment but until then, eh is clearly applying different expectations to people based on their coloour which makes him racist.

The only evidence anyone can counter this with is a proven liar saying 'I'm the least racist person in the world'.

There is the option to say he's not racist but is deliberatly stoking up racial divisions as president as he thinks it furthershis chance of reelection. to be honest I think this could be worse.

But yeah, stop being obviously and deliberatly wrong. itmakes every other point you make less credible. Own it. Trump is either racist or is deliberatly trying to divide the country along racial lines.

I'm not sure. It seems to be a US left v right argument for people who can't meet the standard of posting in the politics forum.

Great work of fiction there.

Fine…

Midlife wrote: »
    You can argue for Trump all you want but at this stage to say he's not racist is a bit beyond comprehension.

Own it, stop denying the obvious. The birther conspiracy was a racist conspiracy, it was pushed because Obama was black. Similarly to tellling brown house members to go back where you came from. He wouldn't be saying that, and doesn't about white people who do exactly the same thing.

Do you think Trump feels, when he complains about both Germany and the US, that he should go back where he came from and fix the problems in Germany?

No, because he's white. He clealy feels that white people 'belong' more to the US.

As soon as he does something like tell Sanders to go back to Poland and fix the problenm there, i'll withdraw this comment but until then, eh is clearly applying different expectations to people based on their coloour which makes him racist.

The only evidence anyone can counter this with is a proven liar saying 'I'm the least racist person in the world'.

There is the option to say he's not racist but is deliberatly stoking up racial divisions as president as he thinks it furthershis chance of reelection. to be honest I think this could be worse.

But yeah, stop being obviously and deliberatly wrong. itmakes every other point you make less credible. Own it. Trump is either racist or is deliberatly trying to divide the country along racial lines.

Fine work of fiction there buddy. Because he never said any such thing.

Really specific imaginary scenarios you folks have. So funny.

It is funny, it's part of being creative. You wouldn't have sitcoms without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

They confronted the marchers at Charlottesville, the lot chanting the Jews will not replace us.
    Good, people who don't agree with Antifa marched against them too, no one condones that nonsense, besides a small lunatic fringe.
    Most people dislike the president of the US.
    Debatable, 2020 will tell. And if true, so what ?
    Wheres the fascism ?

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Good, people who don't agree with Antifa marched against them too, no one condones that nonsense, besides a small lunatic fringe.

Debatable, 2020 will tell. And if true, so what ?
    Wheres the fascism ?

It’s actually not that debatable. His approval rating has never broken 50% and he lost the popular vote. He was legitimately elected and all, but the majority of people didn’t vote for him.

they/them/theirs

I don’t live in Ireland. The violent protests where I live are led by Pegida.

I never mentioned Trump, why are you bringing it up?

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Does anybody here actually believe that the people they see as being fascists out on the streets could actually become the civil servants and soldiers of some sort of a regime? I'd imagine if there is a regime in the making it would come from professionals and people with influence who are already in the system.

While Antifa are lashing broke guys in The Walking Dead body armour with bike chains, the real fascists are in their nice Middle Class homes or driving around in $80k SUV's. I think this movie shows a realistic version of how supremacists would actually organise, their leader is a white collar engineer.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4781612/

Fine work of fiction there buddy. Because he never said any such thing.

I think you mean to say 'he didn't say EXACTLY that'.

I'm sure you have some quotation or something whereby you can argue my statement but I've given a fair enough account of his message.

I count six times Trump has linked opposition politicians or officials to a heritage outside the United states. All were latino or coloured.

As I mentioned before, when he tells Bernie to go back to Poland and fix their problems, I'll believe he's not racist.

Failing that, you can keep making your one-line quips about semantics. They change very little.

Liek I said, just own it. He's clearly either racist or intentionally banging the racist drum for political advancement.

The problem when you deny clear realities that don't suit your pre-defined narrative, is that all your posts become coloured by this fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

The problem when you deny clear realities that don't suit your pre-defined narrative, is that all your posts become coloured by this fact.

To be fair to mad muffin they have admitted that they don't like the left/democrats and they have basically chosen a side based on this. So actual discussion is difficult then.

"I’m really not for anyone. As more against. The democrats and the left."

I think you mean to say 'he didn't say EXACTLY that'.

I'm sure you have some quotation or something whereby you can argue my statement but I've given a fair enough account of his message.

I count six times Trump has linked opposition politicians or officials to a heritage outside the United states. All were latino or coloured.

As I mentioned before, when he tells Bernie to go back to Poland and fix their problems, I'll believe he's not racist.

Failing that, you can keep making your one-line quips about semantics. They change very little.

Liek I said, just own it. He's clearly either racist or intentionally banging the racist drum for political advancement.

Firstly he never mentioned anyone. It was the dems who decided to out themselves as the “squad”. Secondly he has been giving it de Blasio and Pelosi in the neck as good as he has been giving to the squad.

This antifa sums it up.

D7FomXHW4AAQR3n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Firstly he never mentioned anyone. It was the dems who decided to out themselves as the “squad”. Secondly he has been giving it de Blasio and Pelosi in the neck as good as he has been giving to the squad.

Did he tell either of those to "go home"?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Some here are Antifa.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

I also enjoy making stuff up. It’s fun.
    Down off of Wokeback Mountain to enjoy in the fun?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

This antifa sums it up.

D7FomXHW4AAQR3n.jpg

This is the funniest thing I’ve read in a while. Thanks. :D

• Advertisement

The mainstream media are sympathetic to them and providing them cover, but are forced to report on the violence, begrudgingly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement