Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

notobtuse wrote: »
    Down off of Wokeback Mountain to enjoy in the fun?

Is that a gay joke? Or is it something terribly clever I don't quite get?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

snowblind wrote: »
    I'm talking about the people here who won't take into consideration any other than Trump approved media. That's succumbing to be a propaganda machine, letting daddy trump have complete control over your ideas. Makes sense when we're talking about white supremacist with führer fantasies :rolleyes:
    There is no Trump approved media. He has even been railing against Fox News for some time now. The cheese stands alone!

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Brian? wrote: »

i doubt that very much.

The mainstream media are sympathetic to them and providing them cover, but are forced to report on the violence, begrudgingly.

So even when there's clear evidence that the media aren't sympathetic, they're still sympathetic?

It's like earlier in the thread when someone said the police are leaving them alone and arresting them at the same time.

It really is mind bending to follow.

they/them/theirs

A play on words... Something terribly clever that you don't quite get.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Some here are Antifa.

Well... they SAY they are. Some also have the temperament and the inability to have a conversation without being aggressive or condescending so they could very well be.

I would wager that it is more the keyboard division of the Antifa army though. I doubt they are on the frontlines

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Did he tell either of those to "go home"?

He didn’t tell anyone to go home. Not one name was mentioned. Not one. They decided it was about them. They came forward.

He’s a little history lesson for you if you have even the remotest inclination to actually see what’s going on here.

https://youtu.be/zUNynMEtRFk

https://youtu.be/RBLW4AgBAg8

Also bare this in mind.

Omar continues to use anti semitic tropes.
    Rashida Tlaib also used anti semitic tropes.

The dems did nothing. A slap on the wrist is all.

Then you’ve got the Virginia governor who likes to plaY KKK dress up. Dems. They got nothing. They do t even care.

Then you have republican congressman king. Doing an interview. Makes white supremacy tropes.
    “White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” King said in an interview with the Times. “Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”

After that trump refused to let him on Air Force one and his own party condemned his words.

He later apologised. More of an apology than Omar’s sorry not sorry apology.
    "I want to make one thing abundantly clear; I reject those labels and the evil ideology that they define," King said. "Further, I condemn anyone that supports this evil and bigoted ideology which saw in its ultimate expression the systematic murder of 6 million innocent Jewish lives."

Bernie calls Baltimore a like a third world country worse than North Korea. Nothing.

Trim call Baltimore rat infested. All hell brakes loose.

By the way. The people on the street in Baltimore agree with trump. Why has cummings been their rep for 30 years and they still live in such a deplorable state?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

So even when there's clear evidence that the media aren't sympathetic, they're still sympathetic?

It's like earlier in the thread when someone said the police are leaving them alone and arresting them at the same time.

Makes no sense.

The media are ignoring or supporting antifa.
    Here's six videos from CNN of antifa being violent.

The same people!!!!!

mad muffin wrote: »
    He didn’t tell anyone to go home. Not one name was mentioned. Not one. They decided it was about them. They came forward.

He’s a little history lesson for you if you have even the remotest inclination to actually see what’s going on here.

https://youtu.be/zUNynMEtRFk

https://youtu.be/RBLW4AgBAg8

Also bare this in mind.

Omar continues to use anti semitic tropes.
    Rashida Tlaib also used anti semitic tropes.

The dems did nothing. A slap on the wrist is all.

Then you’ve got the Virginia governor who likes to plaY KKK dress up. Dems. They got nothing. They do t even care.

Then you have republican congressman king. Doing an interview. Makes white supremacy tropes.

After that trump refused to let him on Air Force one and his own party condemned his words.

He later apologised. More of an apology than Omar’s sorry not sorry apology.

Bernie calls Baltimore a like a third world country worse than North Korea. Nothing.

Trim call Baltimore rat infested. All hell brakes loose.

By the way. The people on the street in Baltimore agree with trump. Why has cummings been their rep for 30 years and they still live in such a deplorable state?

The "but they did it too" defence.
    Doesn't even work in the playground.

Mainstream media’s skewed approach of the coverage of Antifa seems to be one of acceptable extremism. The media continues to give them a pass because they haven't killed anyone... Yet. And still, Antifa members have repeatedly attacked journalists who give them cover... bizarre. Thank you, sir, may I have another.

• Advertisement

20Cent wrote: »
    The "but they did it too" defence.
    Doesn't even work in the playground.

Haha. You guys are hilarious :D

Your hatred for trump and your need to come across as woke has definitely warped your brain.

But that’s okay. Ultimately at the end of the day. I don’t really care. I’ll be back when trump wins 2020. Oh I will laugh. How I will laugh…

mad muffin wrote: »
    Haha. You guys are hilarious :D

Your hatred for trump and your need to come across as woke has definitely warped your brain.

But that’s okay. Ultimately at the end of the day. I don’t really care. I’ll be back when trump wins 2020. Oh I will laugh. How I will laugh…

Sums it all up.
    Supporting a racist.
    Supporting concentration camps.
    Supporting far right fascists.

All "to own the libs".

So completely triggered by the altright propaganda.

Sums it all up.
    Supporting a racist.
    Supporting concentration camps.
    Supporting far right fascists.

All "to own the libs".

So completely triggered by the altright propaganda.

Fine…

A play on words... Something terribly clever that you don't quite get.

Zing.

So it’s a joke about me being woke and living on a mountain, with gay overtones? Have I got you now.

I’m a very clever man, this must be exceedingly clever to evade me.

they/them/theirs

Mainstream media’s skewed approach of the coverage of Antifa seems to be one of acceptable extremism. The media continues to give them a pass because they haven't killed anyone... Yet. And still, Antifa members have repeatedly attacked journalists who give them cover... bizarre. Thank you, sir, may I have another.

Have you any proof of this bias?

Have another what? Is this some badly quotes Dickens?

they/them/theirs

Well... they SAY they are. Some also have the temperament and the inability to have a conversation without being aggressive or condescending so they could very well be.

I would wager that it is more the keyboard division of the Antifa army though. I doubt they are on the frontlines

This is something you don’t seem to get. Antifa membership isn’t a thing the way being a member of the Nazi party is. Antifa is a broad coalition of left wing groups that find common cause in opposing fascism.

Sometimes their definition of fascism is a bit fad and loose for my liking. But I fundamentally agree that being anti fascist is a good thing.

Does that make me an Antifa keyboard warrior?

they/them/theirs

Zing.

So it’s a joke about me being woke and living on a mountain, with gay overtones? Have I got you now.

I’m a very clever man, this must be exceedingly clever to evade me.

"You climb the mountain to see the world. You don’t climb the mountain so the world can see you."

How about decrying The New York Times and Maureen Dowd for gay bashing and then get back to me. Faux outrage is rather unbecoming.

Scaling Wokeback Mountain
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/13/opinion/sunday/scaling-wokeback-mountain.html

Have you any proof of this bias?

Have another what? Is this some badly quotes Dickens?
    Sure... Chris Cuomo, an anchor at CNN, compared Antifa activists to soldiers on D-Day and said on his show that he does not believe “all punches are equal.”
    https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/17/antifa-hispanic-marines-cnn-don-lemon-chris-cuomo/

I don't think Dickens wrote Animal House.

Sure... Chris Cuomo, an anchor at CNN, compared Antifa activists to soldiers on D-Day and said on his show that he does not believe “all punches are equal.”
    https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/17/antifa-hispanic-marines-cnn-don-lemon-chris-cuomo/

Do you believe all punches are equal?

That article is referring to a tweet, which if you bend your mind a little could maybe be read as support for antifa.

"You climb the mountain to see the world. You don’t climb the mountain so the world can see you."

Nice quote, I fail to see how it has anything to do with your "clever" joke.
    How about decrying The New York Times and Maureen Dowd for gay bashing and then get back to me. Faux outrage is rather unbecoming.

I find this comment extremely strange. What is it about my post that appeared outraged? Were you "gay bashing"? I wasn't quite sure. I was attempting to ascertain if you were, the outrage was held until I came to that conclusion.

So you weren't being clever? You were quoting someone else.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Here's the tweet being referred to.

Can't see anything wring with it

DHWykabWsAIucLl.jpg

To be honest, I will never click a link to the Daily Caller. So can you link to something else?

I don't know what that is.

they/them/theirs

Do you believe all punches are equal?

That article is referring to a tweet, which if you bend your mind a little could maybe be read as support for antifa.
    Here's some more for you. Don't want to be accused of video dumping.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/08/13/establishment-media-antifa-violence/

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Oh lord, what is this? some Antifa tumblr page.:rolleyes:
    Now they burn the American flag. Ironic

To be honest, I will never click a link to the Daily Caller. So can you link to something else?

I don't know what that is.
    Then why bother commenting? Did you ever hear about attacking the content, not the source? Do have a read, and then disprove any of the facts in it.

Never seen Animal House? This might help you to understand the phrase and the meaning of why I used it (media continues to give cover while being abused by Antifa)...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIZoVO8ZyyQ

Here's some more for you. Don't want to be accused of video dumping.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/08/13/establishment-media-antifa-violence/

Thought you were in favour of free speech?

5 times

1 Seemingly excused.
    “But, they wouldn’t have been there. They wouldn’t have been anywhere near there had it not been for the fact that white supremacists and neo-Nazis were out there scaring the living daylights out of most of the people in that town,” she added.

2, The Cumo tweet above.

3. A guy spoke at a rally

4. There were really bad guys on the side of the KKK, and then there were good people opposing the KKK,”

5. Said antifa are not the issue.

Monsters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

The funny thing here is the likes of yourself and Brian would call those soldiers alt right/far right if they existed today; proving the point that you people don't have a notion about what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,540 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Oh lord, what is this? some Antifa tumblr page.:rolleyes:
    Now they burn the American flag. Ironic

What’s ironic about flag burning?

The funny thing here is the likes of yourself and Brian would call those soldiers alt right/far right if they existed today; proving the point that you people don't have a notion about what you're talking about.

That's quite the logical leap.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Em no.

You know the nazi's were bad right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement