Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

20Cent wrote: »
    Do you believe all punches are equal?

That article is referring to a tweet, which if you bend your mind a little could maybe be read as support for antifa.

If you bend your mind a little you might actually have a clue ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

This antifa sums it up.

Stretchy McStretchypants.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

notobtuse wrote: »
    Then why bother commenting? Did you ever hear about attacking the content, not the source? Do have a read, and then disprove any of the facts in it.

Never seen Animal House? This might help you to understand the phrase and the meaning of why I used it (media continues to give cover while being abused by Antifa)...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIZoVO8ZyyQ

Ok. Against my better judgement I read it.

The state that Cuomo compared Antifa to allied soldiers, with zero context or supporting evidence. Do I just take their word on it? Can you supply me with the evidence that he did it?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Overheal wrote: »
    What’s ironic about flag burning?

Well in the image I have quoted the poster has painted Antifa as the Americans in WW2 defending America from white supremacists, in reality they say that America is racist and burn the American flag something which is sacred to a country's military. Thats ironic no ? Or have I made a Morissettian mistake

Is this kind of behaviour okay with people?

I just don’t get the mentality of people that think it’s perfectly fine to attack others on the street for simply wearing a maga hat.

https://youtu.be/H0PmS8_eKBE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

mad muffin wrote: »

I just don’t get the mentality of people that think it’s perfectly fine to attack others on the street for simply wearing a maga hat.

She was fighting those white Supremacist black men.

You know it makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Brian? wrote: »
    Ok. Against my better judgement I read it.

The state that Cuomo compared Antifa to allied soldiers, with zero context or supporting evidence. Do I just take their word on it? Can you supply me with the evidence that he did it?
    Maybe this would be more appetizing to your palate.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/401699-cnns-cuomo-defends-antifa-those-who-oppose-hate-are-on-the-side-of-right

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,545 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Well in the image I have quoted the poster has painted Antifa as the Americans in WW2 defending America from white supremacists, in reality they say that America is racist and burn the American flag something which is sacred to a country's military. Thats ironic no ? Or have I made a Morissettian mistake

Depends entirely on whom you ask, but the right to flag burning is protected by the constitution, a document the military is bound by oath to protect and uphold. There’s practically nothing more American than burning the flag, as much as that seems to offend people. In fact, it would be downright fascist of all things if the American people were banned from doing such a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

What's ironic is people claiming to be pro free speech moaning about a flag being burnt.

Protip:

Stop watching this stupid nonsense.

They are grifters.

• Advertisement

What's ironic is people claiming to be pro free speech moaning about a flag being burnt.

Free speech! Anywhere! Anytime!

/NFL player kneels

No not like that

Protip:

Stop watching this stupid nonsense.

They are grifters.

The people in the footage must all be actors, at some point the mountain of evidence of these bully tactics must sink in a little.

The people in the footage must all be actors, at some point the mountain of evidence of these bully tactics must sink in a little.

Where's the evidence the people in the video are antifa?

Regular people get irritated by Maga heads as well.

Depends entirely on whom you ask, but the right to flag burning is protected by the constitution, a document the military is bound by oath to protect and uphold. There’s practically nothing more American than burning the flag, as much as that seems to offend people. In fact, it would be downright fascist of all things if the American people were banned from doing such a thing.

Difference is no one wants to stop them by force, Antifa have burned flags in front of police and soldiers a load of times, nothing happened. Antifa wants to stop dissent and other opinions being voiced by force.

People can moan all they want, your just going to have to live with people not cheering for everything you do.
    "We're just like the marines in WW2 ..!!" same time "F@$k America and these straight white males, they're all racist !!" ridiculous

/NFL player kneels

No not like that

Free speech doesn't mean free from peoples reaction to your free speech isn't that some classic Antifa line ?

The flag and kneeling doesnt bother me because its not my flag or anthem but to say opposition to these activities is against free speech is silly

What’s silly about it? There have been numerous assaults on flag burners, numerous false arrests, and numerous calls to ban the practice. That’s very much being proponents against demonstration of free speech.

This is exactly the kind of attitude I was talking about in my list you so eloquently dismissed as fiction.

Never said they were Antifa anywhere in my post actually.

Oh ya I'd say a massive amount of people have swallowed the Kool-aid and believe that anyone in a red hat is fair game for assault and abuse on the street regardless of what they actually believe as independent people, they must all be treated like monsters.

I think saying regular people are irritated by Maga heads is disingenuous, Id say the majority of regular people don't mind people having their say on politics. Maga heads and Leftists are regular people too.

/NFL player kneels

No not like that

The same nfl player that called Nike’s new Betty’s Ross flag sneakers racist. Lol

Betty’s Ross racist… :D.

The Same flag that Obama had not one but two of in his inauguration , as racist :D

Oh my goodness.

The same nfl player that called Nike’s new Betty’s Ross flag sneakers racist. Lol

Betty’s Ross racist… :D.

The Same flag that Obama had not one but two of in his inauguration , as racist :D

Oh my goodness.
    Veering far away from the point though aren’t we? freedom of speech means he’s free to say anything is racist.

Veering far away from the point though aren’t we? freedom of speech means he’s free to say anything is racist.

Everything is racist. If you need to find a cause to fight. Everything is racist when all the battle are done and won. Everything is racist when you you don’t know what to do with yourself any more. Everything is racist when you’re tired of counting all your millions.

• Advertisement

What’s silly about it? There have been numerous assaults on flag burners, numerous false arrests, and numerous calls to ban the practice. That’s very much being proponents against demonstration of free speech.

But its not illegal, people might react rightly or wrongly to inflammatory stunts or demonstrations, the whole point of which is to spark a reaction surely or why do it?
    Im 100% against anyone being assaulted or falsely arrested, but its false arrest which means its not legal which means the state isn't getting the go ahead to arrest people for these demonstrations. Antifa however encourage people to assault "maga heads" as they were called and de-platform them basically shut down their free speech, its not the same thing.

As a poem it needs work.

But its not illegal, people might react rightly or wrongly to inflammatory stunts or demonstrations, the whole point of which is to spark a reaction surely or why do it?
    Im 100% against anyone being assaulted or falsely arrested, but its false arrest which means its not legal which means the state isn't getting the go ahead to arrest people for these demonstrations. Antifa however encourage people to assault "maga heads" as they were called and de-platform them basically shut down their free speech, its not the same thing.

Deplatforming has nothing to do with the freedom of speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

As a poem it needs work.

If you shout "Parklife" after it you can turn it into a Blur song.

As a poem it needs work.

That’s true. But it might help if you play the theme tune to the LEGO movie in your head.

You know… everything is awesome if you call some one a racist at least one way a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

Aw these threads absolutely wreck my head. It's the over zealous on both extremes, they seem to find each other. Yous can't live without attacking each other. If I could bring down the internet I would. Give yous all back your lives.

emo72 wrote: »
    Aw these threads absolutely wreck my head. It's the over zealous on both extremes, they seem to find each other. Yous can't live without attacking each other. If I could bring down the internet I would. Give yous all back your lives.

Cool man, thanks

Never said they were Antifa anywhere in my post actually.

Oh ya I'd say a massive amount of people have swallowed the Kool-aid and believe that anyone in a red hat is fair game for assault and abuse on the street regardless of what they actually believe as independent people, they must all be treated like monsters.

I think saying regular people are irritated by Maga heads is disingenuous, Id say the majority of regular people don't mind people having their say on politics. Maga heads and Leftists are regular people too.

The title of the video says antifa.
    Stand in a busy street with any sign and any hat for long enough eventually someone will do something. There's a whole industry based on it.

emo72 wrote: »

Haha. Your right about that. I’ve got **** to do. Instead I’m arguing on internet :pac:

• Advertisement

The title of the video says antifa.
    Stand in a busy street with any sign and any hat for long enough eventually someone will do something. There's a whole industry based on it.

Well I didn't name the video or link it Im reacting to it. I don't know if those people are in Antifa, you don't know they are not so I didn't say they were.

Isn't that a problem ? Just stand in a street and show support for the President of your country and you should expect something bad to happen to you ? :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement