Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Well I didn't name the video or link it Im reacting to it. I don't know if those people are in Antifa, you don't know they are not so I didn't say they were.

Isn't that a problem ? Just stand in a street and show support for the President of your country and you should expect something bad to happen to you ? :eek:

Stand still on O'Connell st for 10 minutes guarantee some weirdo will come up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

mad muffin wrote: »
    Haha. Your right about that. I’ve got **** to do. Instead I’m arguing on internet :pac:
    Even handier when you can do it at work ha

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

notobtuse wrote: »

So what about this line:

"You attack cops, you slap the media, you are in the wrong, period,"

Is that coddling Antifa? Telling them they are wrong to use violence.

In more general terms though, you have found one opinion piece that can be construed to be supportive of Antifa. That's hardly a smoking gun that Antifa are given a free ride by the media.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 83,544 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Overheal wrote: »

I don’t know… it’s cnn. They really have a hard on for bashing trump. Do you have any unbiased news media?

• Advertisement

Do you have any unbiased news media?

According to you such a thing does not exist.

Exactly. ;)

Unless it's a 30 second clip taken on a phone by some right wing grifter looking for clicks where it's 100% true.

20Cent wrote: »
    Unless it's a 30 second clip taken on a phone by some right wing grifter looking for clicks where it's 100% true.

Exactly ;)

...Exactly.

• Advertisement

Hypothetical here:. If the proud boys were having a get together in Dublin, purely for people who were similar minded, not holding a demonstration, just a meeting of like minded individuals, would you advocate for antifa to be outside and/or to try to shut it down?

The state of these guys.

https://twitter.com/JexBlackmore/status/1156360059322032129?s=19

Imagine being a grown man and joining the proud "boys".

Trump is only following the Republican president tradition.

https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/1156569057325461504?s=19

20Cent wrote:
    The state of these guys.

20Cent wrote:
    Imagine being a grown man and joining the proud "boys".

20Cent wrote:
    Trump is only following the Republican president tradition.

You didn't answer the question

Hypothetical here:. If the proud boys were having a get together in Dublin, purely for people who were similar minded, not holding a demonstration, just a meeting of like minded individuals, would you advocate for antifa to be outside and/or to try to shut it down?

Outside, yes. Try to shut it down, no.

The Proud boys are scum who hold abhorrent views. A light should be shone on that.

they/them/theirs

Why would there be "proud boys" in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Brian? wrote: »

The Proud boys are scum who hold abhorrent views. A light should be shone on that.

Do you think the proud boys would call you scum?

Some would hold your views abhorrent.

Myself included. Does that make me scum?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Exactly ;)

You can only trust criticism of Trump written by an outlet approved by Trump!

Yet you claim to distrust government :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

That's how you lick a boot comprehensively and become a total subordinate. Eternally cucked by an orange man who cannot form a coherent sentence :p

There would be like 2 proud boy wannabes so I wouldn't bother. Remember when Pegida tried to march here but it was a couple of polish lads and that's all :D

But yeah if some of those nerds manage to get some steve bannon paid goon to pry them off their gaming chairs with crowbars to read some pdf about how genocide is cool and women should be all molested, sure we can go and laugh at them. I bet the alt right snowflakes here think laughing is violence if directed at 'conservatives' (conservatives as in "anyone not white should be put into camps" conservative, not "taxes are too high" conservative)

One thing I do find it great is that the alt right heads here are so mortally afraid of antifa. The alt right terrorist attacks happen weekly now but someone who was seen with some antifa once slapped a person who identifies as a proud boy with swastikas on berating a black person, so now "they're both as bad except the nazis are better because nazis are cool".

Don't worry, just stop pretending to be a nazi and your mom will reinstate your allowance ;)

snowblind wrote:
    But yeah if some of those nerds manage to get some steve bannon paid goon to pry them off their gaming chairs with crowbars to read some pdf about how genocide is cool and women should be all molested, sure we can go and laugh at them. I bet the alt right snowflakes here think laughing is violence if directed at 'conservatives' (conservatives as in "anyone not white should be put into camps" conservative, not "taxes are too high" conservative)

Wow. I never knew the proud boys say women should be molested. (Probably because they don't)

Any backup for that wild accusation?
    20Cent wrote:
    Why would there be "proud boys" in Dublin?

That's why I said it was hypothetical.
    Brian? wrote:

What views are abhorrent? I personally think that antifa are abhorrent.

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote:

What exactly should antifa do outside the meeting?

Say "hey, we don't like your thoughts. Stop having those thoughts"?

Wow. I never knew the proud boys say women should be molested. (Probably because they don't)

Any backup for that wild accusation?

Just look around you dude? Although I bet you won't peruse any media that isn't facebook or fox, ain't that right?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tucker-carlson-defended-statutory-rape-in-2015-with-proud-boys-founder-gavin-mcinnes

They are all gamers who are afraid they will be replaced, afraid of their own freudian impulses, and stuck forever in the anal stage. I mean, these are the people who got radicalized when their favourite video game characters breasts weren't large enough in a new game :pac: Now they are LARPing being fascists. They're like an updated Monty Python sketch :D

They usually say "we don't like your thoughts". That's what they do. Propagandists like you try to portray them as violent which is insanely funny since antifa is mostly gandhian. Someone gets pushed at a confrontation and weak fascists start crying "boohoo he pushed me, my friend shot up a mosque last week and I was PUSHED can you believe it, why doesn't the media blow on my hurty bits p.s. white people are being replaced"

snowblind wrote:
    Just look around you dude? Although I bet you won't peruse any media that isn't facebook or fox, ain't that right?

Completely incorrect.
    snowblind wrote:
    They are all gamers who are afraid they will be replaced, afraid of their own freudian impulses, and stuck forever in the anal stage. I mean, these are the people who got radicalized when their favourite video game characters breasts weren't large enough in a new game Now they are LARPing being fascists. They're like an updated Monty Python sketch

I disagree.

Completely incorrect.

I disagree.
    Nah I'm right and you know it. Imagine being people like you, being a useful idiot for white supremacists. I mean I don't think it can make you feel tough, it looks dorky as hell!

Do you think the proud boys would call you scum?

Some would hold your views abhorrent.

Myself included. Does that make me scum?

What views do I hold that are abhorrent exactly?

they/them/theirs

No.

"Hey everyone, this people hold morally bankrupt ideas. Please don't be taken in by them."

You seem to have a problem with protesting ideas, is this the case?

they/them/theirs

No.

"Hey everyone, this people hold morally bankrupt ideas. Please don't be taken in by them."

You seem to have a problem with protesting ideas, is this the case?

Yes, in certain circumstances I do.

Especially when the protesters are worse than what they are protesting.

What views do I hold that are abhorrent exactly?

The belief that anyone that Antifa deem as fascist are fair game for violent attacks.

• Advertisement

Yes, in certain circumstances I do.

Especially when the protesters are worse than what they are protesting.

But in my example they wouldn’t be. Right? Can you acknowledge that.

In no circumstances are groups like the Proud Boys decent and moral. Even if they eliminated the violence they would still hold views that are worth protesting. Would you agree?

If Antifa eliminated the violence, their core message of anti fascism is inherently good. Would you agree?

they/them/theirs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement