Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

klaaaz wrote: »
    they are designated as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Yet the FBI doesn't' class them as such.

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2018/12/head-of-oregons-fbi-bureau-doesnt-designate-proud-boys-as-extremist-group.html
    The Proud Boys... as well as hating other races and minorities

This I cannot agree with, indeed the very founder of the Proud Boys might suggest such a claim as laughable considering he is married to an Indian woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Pity he didn't kill him

The more dead neo nazis the better

****ing hell, you really are invested in this arent you?

What's your own personal experience with these neo nazis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Any examples of countries which were communist?

Soviet Union for a few months maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2018/12/head-of-oregons-fbi-bureau-doesnt-designate-proud-boys-as-extremist-group.html

This I cannot agree with, indeed the very founder of the Proud Boys might suggest such a claim as laughable considering he is married to an Indian woman.

Didn't one of them found Vice news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

And Trump is married to an immigrant only got her papers after he became President. Proves he's cool with all immigrants?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

They are also at the forefront of organising the so called Boston straight pride

Not that I've much issues with something so laughably banal as a straight pride parade, would you care to cite some evidence that your claim is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

peddlelies wrote: »
    So you agree that it's fine to sucker punch random people leaving Trump rallies. At least you've made your stance crystal clear, good man.

:confused:

Did I?

Have you a link, I must have missed that?
    peddlelies wrote: »
    If you're going to throw up some nut like the guy in the photo, don't forgot the guy on the other side who shot up a Republican baseball game.

Didn't realize it was a competition.

There is a joke about gun control in there somewhere though.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Far left. Far right. A very small but very loud and obnoxious fraction of the overall political spectrum.

You seem to miss this part:
    0208e59ac7b7732789224362ace789dd-full.jpg

No mainstream left-wing media criticizes these hooligans. They are free to use twitter as their network. This is double standards in the extreme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Because one is a real degree absolutely needed for the job and one isn’t?

The vast majority of journalists didn’t do a journalism course.

Historically none of them did.

Wtf....people presenting emselves as journalists....and they not qualified...how is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

And Trump is married to an immigrant only got her papers after he became President. Proves he's cool with all immigrants?

took a minute to see she's been a citizen since 2006.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Boggles wrote: »
    Yeah, leave Trump supporters alone, harmless all together.
    Yeah, just as harmless as Black Lives Matters supporters I suppose.

https://twitter.com/fox7austin/status/883286761073291264

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Not that I've much issues with something so laughably banal as a straight pride parade, would you care to cite some evidence that your claim is correct.

Enjoy the read about the links to subversives https://www.vox.com/identities/2019/7/1/18761623/straight-pride
    “spent [his] entire career advocating for the rights of America’s most brutally repressed identity: straight people.

As ThinkProgress was the first to report, Mark Sahady — one of three men credited with organizing the event — has ties to the New Hampshire American Guard and the Massachusetts Patriot Front, both of which the American Defamation League defines as a white supremacist groups. He also has connections to the Proud Boys, the group that was responsible for violently beating a man who stole one of their MAGA hats on the streets of New York City in October 2018. The mob called him a “f*****,” threw him to the ground, and kicked him repeatedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Varik wrote: »
    took a minute to see she's been a citizen since 2006.

Yeah, the part time model qualified for an "Einstein Visa".

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

_blaaz wrote: »
    Wtf....people presenting emselves as journalists....and they not qualified...how is that?

Can you rephrase that?

A journalist is someone who gets paid for journalism. Or even does it for free. Generally an employee but not always.

You guys concentrate on the weirdest things.

How hard is it to condemn this though? At least one well regarded boards left winger has done so.

Are the other side worse. Probably. Definitely. Irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

So from looking at the thread there are allot of people in favor of using violence in politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

Can you rephrase that?

A journalist is someone who gets paid for journalism. Or even does it for free. Generally an employee but not always.

How hard is it to condemn this though? At least one well regarded boards left winger has done so.

Are the other side worse. Probably. Irrelevant.

The well regarded poster that condoned murder, the bar is fairly low around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

Boggles wrote: »

:confused:

Did I?

Have you a link, I must have missed that?

You wrote
    Yeah, leave Trump supporters alone, harmless all together.

After I posted a video of Trump supporters being attacked leaving a rally. You made your intention clear, don't have much time for playing stupid I'm afraid.

Can you rephrase that?

Are the other side worse. Probably. Irrelevant.
    I dont believe in politics of condemnation....life is about positive vibes....if you spend your time condeming stuff...it will only suck happiness from your life

Not exactly what yous want me to rephrase?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

_blaaz wrote: »
    I dont believe in politics of condemnation....life is about positive vibes....if you spend your time condeming stuff...it will only suck happiness from your life

Not exactly what yous want me to rephrase?

Your last barely comprehensible post. It’s ok. I got the idea.

So you are saying you wouldn’t condemn right wing violence?

Enjoy the read about the links to subversives https://www.vox.com/identities/2019/7/1/18761623/straight-pride

The only thing this article proves is the extreme reaction you get when the left start playing identity politics. Identity politics should be shunned and denigrated in all of its forms.
    "Boston’s Straight Pride was only a matter of time"-Vox

• Advertisement

Your last barely comprehensible post. It’s ok. I got the idea.

So you are saying you wouldn’t condemn right wing violence?

I wouldnt condemn it tbh....but nor would i condone it

But if someone meets violence/provocation with violence neither would i condemn that....(but if in proportion could condone it)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You really have to wonder when even CNN is against it, where do these people think the political centre is if they see this as just another "punched Nazi", "bad actor", or whatever other kind of nonsense.

Kimsang wrote: »
    The only thing this article proves is the extreme reaction you get when the left start playing identity politics. Identity politics should be shunned and denigrated in all of its forms.

Wha and what?

Have you told black people and lgbt people amongst others that it's their fault for existing for the violence at the hands of the far right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Can you rephrase that?

Are the other side worse. Probably. Definitely. Irrelevant.

Well, the Antifa defenders can't use the "self-defence" line they like to trot out like they normally do when these masked thugs beat the crap out of some poor soul, due to the video evidence of Ngo being attacked from behind by half a dozen yobs.

So instead they try banging the "he's not a journalist" drum to try and deflect from the fact he was beaten.

Nov. 2018
    "Why don't you get the **** out of here Andy. I don't feel safe with you around.
    You should be ashamed of yourself."
    Says the woman surrounding the Asian journalist with her band of Antifa thugs.

Antifa had gathered to oppose the #HimToo event, which sought to bring awareness to men who had been falsely accused of sex crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Nov. 2018

Says the woman surrounding the Asian journalist with her band of Antifa thugs.

Antifa had gathered to oppose the #HimToo event, which sought to bring awareness to men who had been falsely accused of sex crimes.

Got a timestamp for the bit where he gets beaten up?
    can't watch all that.

20Cent wrote: »
    Got a timestamp for the bit where he gets beaten up?
    can't watch all that.
    He doesn't get beaten up.
    I wanted to show the intimidation tactics and failure to engage in actual debate of the counter-protestors in Portland, in what I see as a legitimate discussion to have.

Is this event littered with nazis?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Well seeing as these clown world degenerates consider everyone who doesn't 100% fall in line and goose step with them on everything they believe Nazi's, then yeah every rally is full of Nazi's.

I see thousands of counter demonstrators of all races in the video telling the extreme right wingers to go home. And ya man conservative Andy is again confronting the counter demo like a provocateur playing the victim card just like the recent demo, the demonstrators even knew him by first name, he's hardly an angel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

He doesn't get beaten up.
    I wanted to show the intimidation tactics and failure to engage in actual debate of the counter-protestors in Portland, in what I see as a legitimate discussion to have.

Antifa randomly beat up "journalists" but not this time. Maybe he did something since then to piss people off.

Patriot prayer organised it. It's well established they are a far right white nationalist and fascists.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement