Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2019 General Thread

Options

Comments

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Oomen, Kelderman ,Roche & Kemna are as good as any team out there (when fit) to support Dumoulin ... And no way was the team in 2017 better ...out right wrong

Really annoying when poor comms by Hatch & Kirby is 1. Believed and 2. spouted back verbatim

Most of what Kirby & Hatch say on 'weak' teams is redundant

Dumoulin is not leaving cos of team...the is leaving becasue of money

Sad really that Ineoa & JV will have all the top riders....not much chance for the rest with the smaller budgets .Plus we wont see some top riders ride against each other .Very bad for the sport

It's only a little insulting for you to think I'm incapable of forming my own opinion :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

It's only a little insulting for you to think I'm incapable of forming my own opinion :rolleyes:

Apologies...does sound bad.... if that what you believe you are entitled to you opinion and after all we only all here have opinions :(

More furious with comms for everyday on and on about weak teams ...
    Riders on a climb man o man o and all they say is Alaphilipe or Dumoulin or whoever is isolated and the team is weak ....everyone is isolated at that point and even if they weren't its not much anyone can do ...unless you have Bernal with you and even then? Rob Hatch is particularly annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Andrey Amador's "modified" Fizik R1 shoes :eek:

amador_cut_shoes_670.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

....everyone is isolated at that point and even if they weren't its not much anyone can do ...

in fairness, it is very useful having a teammate there with you if you have any bike issues and need to take his. Could be the winning or losing of the Tour for someone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

De Bhál wrote: »
    in fairness, it is very useful having a teammate there with you if you have any bike issues and need to take his. Could be the winning or losing of the Tour for someone.

Unless you're Conor Dunne. Twould be like me on a child's bike if he had to take a team mates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Weepsie wrote: »
    Unless you're Conor Dunne. Twould be like me on a child's bike if he had to take a team mates

"have you got your allen key set on you there Conor, and we'll get about dropping this saddle a bit"

Didn't a rider take a fans bike years ago to get down a mountain? maybe not...

edit...maybe so
    https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/fan-gives-tyler-farrar-shoes-and-bike-after-crash-to-save-his-tour-down-under-207960

and an even more extreme example
    http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/pro-rider-climbs-summit-finish-on-fans-1980s-granny-bike-after-crash/

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

De Bhál wrote: »
    Didn't a rider take a fans bike years ago to get down a mountain? maybe not...

Did Froome take the runners off a jogger and start running up a mountain? :P

What happened to Luis Leon? Non starter today, was he involved in the crash yesterday?

What happened to Luis Leon? Non starter today, was he involved in the crash yesterday?

He hurt his back at the very beginning of the race

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Ineos losing most of the team there no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Luke Rowe, was thrown out of the race, together with his Jumbo Visma counterpart Tony Martin, after the pair had an altercation towards the end of stage 17.

a bit OTT?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

fryup wrote: »
    a bit OTT?

Not really the rules are clear to the riders. Apparently there's more than what the live feed picked up. Get the impression that Luke Rowe isn't the most popular rider in the peloton

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

bit of an @sshole?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

They both deserved it, no matter the instigator. One grabbed the other by the neck, the other switched out, on purpose, repeatedly. Christ, any other riders pulled this sh1t at an amateur race and they'd struggle to be let ride again if seen by the Comms. They got off lightly and am shocked everyone else seems to think a fine would have been more appropriate. Both maneuvers, regardless of instigation, could leave half the group in hospital very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

CramCycle wrote: »
    Both maneuvers, regardless of instigation, could leave half the group in hospital very easily.

Exactly my thoughts... could have caused carnage.

Not really the rules are clear to the riders. Apparently there's more than what the live feed picked up. Get the impression that Luke Rowe isn't the most popular rider in the peloton

That is what Nicolas Roche told Orla of Eurosport

That is what Nicolas Roche told Orla of Eurosport

Oh right I didn't think anyone would openly say it.

Oh right I didn't think anyone would openly say it.

Oral said to Wiggo yesterday that Nicolas Roche told her Luke Rowe wasn't liked in the peloton ...not sure he meant it to be said live on TV though :D

Oral said to Wiggo yesterday that Nicolas Roche told her Luke Rowe wasn't liked in the peloton ...not sure he meant it to be said live on TV though :D

He can pass that off with a "she said that he said" and he won't need body armour next time he rides along side him in the peleton.

Just a note I think all former ras riders are now out of the tour. Postelberger went today and Martin yesterday , is or was there any more than them in this years tour?

He can pass that off with a "she said that he said" and he won't need body armour next time he rides along side him in the peleton.

Just a note I think all former ras riders are now out of the tour. Postelberger went today and Martin yesterday , is or was there any more than them in this years tour?

Did Xandro Merruise ride the RAS ??

• Advertisement

Did Xandro Merruise ride the RAS ??

When do you think he might have?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I don't think he did, I know he rode for AP-CRC but he didn't come out for the Ras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

He's in this provisional start list for 2015. Did he actually take part though?

http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/its-getting-close-now-start-list-for-the-2015-an-post-ras/

Someone's feeling the heat at DQS. Lefevre responds to a tweet about the Alaphillipe/soigneur pushing incident by calling Thijs Zonneveld a loser, half journalist and failed pro.

A bit petty, you'd assume someone in his position has better things to do in the evening these days than responding to inflammatory tweets from journalists.

The driver won't be able to see out the windscreen soon!

EAY5yOdX4AERoBm.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

JA's goatee just reminds me of Blackadder

url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjq4IXMp9LjAhXQi1wKHWuUB68QjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fprogrammes%2Fb006xxw3&psig=AOvVaw3wn3_vddh94J9axhK8aVT4&ust=1564220912893155

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

The driver won't be able to see out the windscreen soon!

EAY5yOdX4AERoBm.jpg:large

he wouldnt be far out the carpark like that before being pulled over by an eagle eyed gendarme for having his vision obstructed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

Just saw a video of it snowing heavily at the finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Acosta wrote: »
    Just saw a video of it snowing heavily at the finish.

Here's a webcam from the resort. Looks OK.

https://www.valthorens.com/en/webcam/restaurant-la-maison

Advertisement