Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WereWolf: A 13 player Seer game

Options
  • 01-07-2019 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭

setup is open.
    3 wolves
    9 vanilla town villagers
    and one seer.

Seer gets a night zero peek of a random towny. That is, the seer knows before the game begins, 1 town member at random.

Each night onward, the seer submits a players name and they are told if the player is town or wolf.

simple game, simple rules.

all times stated are irish time.
    days should be opened by noon. (i'll open earlier if i can.)
    first lynch happens at 10pm

nights are closed, i'll need you to police yourselves.

you can post until lynch results come out on thread stating a player is dead, you should then cease comms until the munch has happened.

I can accept a few mistake post lynch, but any posts before munch will result in mod kills. be warned. wait until you see the munch results before your post in the morning.

I'll try to get the munch results out before noon.

13 player game means that this can go on for up to a week.

5 posts minimum per day phase or mod kills will happens.

noon - 10pm is stated day phase, but if i am in the position to open earlier, i will.

Standard rules apply, dead player dont talk, so if you are dead, dont post.
    Dont communicate with any other player about the game off thead.
    If somebody asks you about the game, point them at the thread.
    All questions to me sKeith via PM.

Everybody is welcome to signup, but only post in the live game thread if you are a player in the game. do not edit posts, do not remove thanks from posts you have thanked.

Treat each other with respect, but aslo, dont be over sensitive, the game involes a bit of riling each other up, so dont take every comment personally.

Day 1 starts here. Fisrt action is a lynch at 10pm tomorrow night.

Voting opens up exactly at 10am and closes at 10pm. (this happens automatically)

Thread is open, have fun.

Voting changed to google forms

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110584368#post110584368

I'm abandoning the trial voting for today.

All votes will need to be resubmitted in google forms.

Use same password.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Villager!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Lol QB.

Didn’t expect this game to start so quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

quickbeam wrote: »
    Villager!
    Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Roster:
    1. Kitten_K
    2. Sullivlo
    3. whiplashy
    4. green&red
    5. ectoplasm
    6. kolido
    7. tusk
    8. duffman
    9. clarabel
    10. baggly
    11. tritium
    12. Strawberry milkshake
    13. quickbeam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

sullivlo wrote: »
    Me too.

Me three.

• Advertisement

So we have two mislynches until it's LYLO, so very little room for error here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

n0 clear on whiplashy

sullivlo wrote: »
    Roster:

Very helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

That's a miniscule margin for error alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Jaysus that was quick

All I have to say tonite is

QB is ALWAYS the wolf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Morning all. Well this started suddenly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Hey dudes. Why am I always a villager? Is this some cruel joke everyone's in on?

I hear ya tusk, I was wolf in a speed game, thats it, I'm just thinking of it as delayed gratification for all these games hunting wolves

Anyway, the thing that stands out for me is no mention of an auto-priest? Which sounds super dangerous for the village.

Would it be an idea to come up with a strategy for the seer? Its going to be a tough one to call, obviously they'll try and lead the village but that runs the risk of making themselves obvious to the wolves.

At what point do they just flat out come out and say they're the seer?
    (And before you jump down my throat and accuse me of being a wolf I'm not suggesting they should!!, calm the f**k down)
    But we'll say they peek a wolf last nite or tonite, IMO that wouldn't be enough to reveal themselves, we've no BG.
    But if we'd already lynched a wolf then you'd be getting closer to it being worthwhile to reveal. Or if they had two wolves after four days, there again you're probably moving towards a reveal.

Anyway, I said I'd start the conversation, I think this would be worthwhile to come back to every day, work through some scenarios and give our thoughts. For every three of us theres one of them so we have time to work together

Wolves were never known for their maths skills, the fourth lynch would be LYLO

D1 - mislynch
    W3 - V9
    D2 - munch
    W3 - V8
    D2 - mislynch
    W3 - V7
    D3 - munch
    W3 - V6
    D3 - mislynch
    W3 - V6
    D4 - munch
    W3 - V5
    D4 - mislynch
    W3 - V4

Green&Red wrote: »
    I hear ya tusk, I was wolf in a speed game, thats it, I'm just thinking of it as delayed gratification for all these games hunting wolves

Anyway, the thing that stands out for me is no mention of an auto-priest? Which sounds super dangerous for the village.

Would it be an idea to come up with a strategy for the seer? Its going to be a tough one to call, obviously they'll try and lead the village but that runs the risk of making themselves obvious to the wolves.

(And before you jump down my throat and accuse me of being a wolf I'm not suggesting they should!!, calm the f**k down)
    But we'll say they peek a wolf last nite or tonite, IMO that wouldn't be enough to reveal themselves, we've no BG.
    But if we'd already lynched a wolf then you'd be getting closer to it being worthwhile to reveal. Or if they had two wolves after four days, there again you're probably moving towards a reveal.

Anyway, I said I'd start the conversation, I think this would be worthwhile to come back to every day, work through some scenarios and give our thoughts. For every three of us theres one of them so we have time to work together

Very reasoned and legitimate plan. For a WOLF

tusk wrote: »
    Very reasoned and legitimate plan. For a WOLF

This is why we can never have anything nice, people like you

Lynch 9 v3
    Munch 8v3
    Lynch 7 v 3
    Munch 6 v3
    Lynch 5 v 3
    Munch 4 v 3

Lyle at that stage for 3 v 3

So I think starting with a lynch means we have 3 mislynches before lull. First one is a zero info lynch though so tricky

Am I right?

This is why we can never have anything nice, people like you

People like ME! Oh no you di'int!

Wolves were never known for their maths skills, the fourth lynch would be LYLO

D1 - mislynch
    W3 - V9
    D2 - munch
    W3 - V8
    D2 - mislynch
    W3 - V7
    D3 - munch
    W3 - V6
    D3 - mislynch
    W3 - V6
    D4 - munch
    W3 - V5
    D4 - mislynch
    W3 - V4

G&R beat me too it

By 4 minutes, godammit, why did I brush my teeth first

Should we just off qb from the getgo to expell the question :pac: ?

• Advertisement

No wolf peek last night, I just got a cleared villager as per OP. I gave you whiplashy as my N0 village clear already

Explain that Trit?

Explain that Trit?

From the OP

Seer gets a night zero peek of a random towny. That is, the seer knows before the game begins, 1 town member at random.

So on N0 I was told whiplashy was village

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

So thats a hard claim Trit. I dont see any roles on the board that would allow for a false claim. If you are alive after munch, you are the wolf.

Villager!

#ibelieveher

I wouldn’t be lynching here in a hurry.

WTF are you at Trit?
    If you're the seer the is an awful move?

If you're drawing a munch, well thats very noble, I think

Baggly wrote: »
    So thats a hard claim Trit. I dont see any roles on the board that would allow for a false claim. If you are alive after munch, you are the wolf.

Really? You might want to think that through? After that you might want to tell us all who was cleared to you by the mods as your N0 townie my fellow seer

My first reaction guesses would be green and tusk as two wolves.

If Trit was a wolf (not saying you are). Would he always claim an actual villager was a villager for the brownie points?

Actually if you're not the seer you're just sowing confusion, which is really wolfie. You're clearing Whipy without any evidence

I don't like this at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

tritium wrote: »
    Really? You might want to think that through? After that you might want to tell us all who was cleared to you by the mods as your N0 townie my fellow seer

1 player was cleared to 1 player in n0 at the start of the game. Im vanilla villager; so i dont get to know anyone is cleared until they die.

Advertisement