Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WereWolf: A 13 player Seer game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Well maybe don’t update your ffa every single time

Well maybe post you ffas in Morse code.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Green&Red wrote: »
    Saying you're noting it is throwing shade, you can dress it up anyway you want but thats what it is. You're not noting that hes a nice, polite lad, you're noting it because its wolfie AF. But do what I say..........

But you should spell things out, you could be dead later and if you are for the village then its no good you dying and not saying them. Anything you say here will be a lot more helpful to the village than to the wolves. This kinda cryptic language is wolfy, wolves like chaos and secrecy

Absolutely not!! Lots of things are noteworthy that don't mean I think somebody is a wolf. I think Ecto calling Kitten out on her FFAs is noteworthy. I think Clara hard-claiming wolf is noteworthy.

How am I being cryptic. I have been absolutely open and clear in everything to date. I've posted as my mind has been changed through the course of the day. If I die, you'll know my reads were at least genuinely given, even if not correct and can review them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

tusk wrote: »
    I'm actually pretty disappointed at the poor wolf hunting you guys are doing.

You're better than this.

Is it because it was a random off the cuff game instead of a regular scheduled one that you just aren't arsed enough to put in the effort?

No. It's because we have nothing to go on because we're starting with a lynch rather than a munch. It's day 0 nothingness.

quickbeam wrote: »
    I have been absolutely open and clear in everything to date. I've posted as my mind has been changed through the course of the day. If I die, you'll know my reads were at least genuinely given, even if not correct and can review them.

A rebuttal from me to whippy, via qb. Who I think is slightly wolfy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

You think everyone is slightly wolfie at this stage!

• Advertisement

But you should spell things out, you could be dead later and if you are for the village then its no good you dying and not saying them. Anything you say here will be a lot more helpful to the village than to the wolves. This kinda cryptic language is wolfy, wolves like chaos and secrecy

Sorry, I replied to this above, before I'd read properly the post of mine that you'd quoted. To be absolutely clear, though I think it shouldn't need to be said there are more than two options regarding Trit's claim:

He's really the seer
    He's a villager claiming to be the seer
    He's a wolf claiming to be the seer

Nope I have at least two I think are village

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I mentioned the first three people who brought it up. FFA is only for three people*. After that, the cat was pretty much out of the bag anyway, so people bringing it up subsequently were only because it was out there already.

I then dropped Duffman because I did like his Tusk FFA, and I didn't like Kitten's FFA.

It's also not just about bringing up the role claim. Your defensiveness and Baggly's weak-ass reason for suspecting me are also reasons for being on my FFA. They're all things that are "noted" and culminate in a suspicion.

Hell, I might be wrong. Chances are, statistically speaking, that I am. But you three are my (currently) best guess.

* if I was going to add a fourth right now it'd be Kolido for another weak-ass read - saying I'm being reserved, when I'm clearly not being :confused:. But I'll probably leave that for another day.

"Oh hello Pot, I don't believe we've been introduced, my name is Ms Kettle"

giphy.gif

I don't understand this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Nope I have at least two I think are village

Enlighten us

• Advertisement

Whippy is giving out cos I'm changing my mind. You basically answered her for me.

And I think you're slightly wolfy

"Oh hello Pot, I don't believe we've been introduced, my name is Ms Kettle"

That would be a matter of opinion.

Personally somebody calling my posts pre 10,000 fluffy and post 10,000 as a wolf trying to defend themselves, when an ISO shows this to be clearly not true ... is weak-ass.

As is somebody being so defensive in their posts. Remember: I've not actually voted for you, GnR!!!!

Person Target 1 Target 2 Target 3
    Sully Green&Red Kitten Kolido
    Tusk Strawbs Kolido Kitten
    Strawbs Tusk Kitten Duffman
    Ecto Duffman Tusk Clarabel
    Trit Kolido Green&Red
    Green&Red QB Strawbs Tusk
    Duffman Trit Sully G&R
    Kolido Tusk QB Baggly
    Clarabel Trit Tusk Ecto
    QB Baggly Kitten GNR
    Kitten Tusk Clarabel Ecto
    Baggly QB Tusk
    Whip QB Clarabel Tusk

Vote on number of votes votes by
    tritium 2 duffman, clara
    Green&Red 4 sully, trit, duffman, qb
    quickbeam 4 gnr, kolido, baggly, whiplashy
    tusk 8 strawbs, ecto, gnr, kolido, clara, kitten, baggly, whiplashy
    Clarabel 4 ecto, tusk, kitten, whiplashy
    sullivlo 1 duffman
    Strawberry Milkshake 2 tusk, gnr
    duffman13 2 strawbs, ecto
    Baggly 3 tusk, kolido, qb
    Ectoplasm 2 clara, kitten
    kitten_k 3 sully, strawbs, qb
    Kolido 2 sully, tritium
    Whiplashy 0

Top 3
    (Actually tied top 4)
    Green&Red 4
    quickbeam 4
    tusk 8
    Clarabel 4

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Enlighten us

I will pre Lynch if I'm in the way out.

Whippy is giving out cos I'm changing my mind. You basically answered her for me.

And I think you're slightly wolfy

Did I? I've actually been arguing so much with GnR I can't remember that. A quick glance above shows me replying to Whippy on her claim that I'm starting a bandwagon on GnR. It didn't involve you at all. Could you remind me of my post where I answered her for you?

And I'm not a wolf.

Next decision:

Are we voting from the compiled FFA's?

Green&Red 4
    quickbeam 4
    tusk 8
    Clarabel 4

If so, are we open voting and declaring on thread?

If not, are we open voting and declaring on thread?

Everyone got a vote except Whippy. Might just change my FFA to sort that out :P

sullivlo wrote: »
    Person Target 1 Target 2 Target 3
    Sully Green&Red Kitten Kolido
    Tusk Strawbs Kolido Kitten
    Strawbs Tusk Kitten Duffman
    Ecto Duffman Tusk Clarabel
    Trit Kolido Green&Red
    Green&Red QB Strawbs Tusk
    Duffman Trit Sully G&R
    Kolido Tusk QB Baggly
    Clarabel Trit Tusk Ecto
    QB Baggly Kitten GNR
    Kitten Tusk Clarabel Ecto
    Baggly QB Tusk
    Whip QB Clarabel Tusk

Vote on number of votes votes by
    tritium 2 duffman, clara
    Green&Red 4 sully, trit, duffman, qb
    quickbeam 4 gnr, kolido, baggly, whiplashy
    tusk 8 strawbs, ecto, gnr, kolido, clara, kitten, baggly, whiplashy
    Clarabel 4 ecto, tusk, kitten, whiplashy
    sullivlo 1 duffman
    Strawberry Milkshake 2 tusk, gnr
    duffman13 2 strawbs, ecto
    Baggly 3 tusk, kolido, qb
    Ectoplasm 2 clara, kitten
    kitten_k 3 sully, strawbs, qb
    Kolido 2 sully, tritium
    Whiplashy 0

Top 3
    (Actually tied top 4)
    Green&Red 4
    quickbeam 4
    tusk 8
    Clarabel 4

This is disappointing. I'd ask everyone to clear your assumptions and read back with an unbiased mind. Review those not in your ffas and be open to change.

Next decision:

Green&Red 4
    quickbeam 4
    tusk 8
    Clarabel 4

Personally I'd rather not, as my vote currently doesn't reside ther.e

I'll go with the crowd though.

That must be a record actually. Everyone actually did an FFA!!

• Advertisement

Did I? I've actually been arguing so much with GnR I can't remember that. A quick glance above shows me replying to Whippy on her claim that I'm starting a bandwagon on GnR. It didn't involve you at all. Could you remind me of my post where I answered her for you?

And I'm not a wolf.

You didn't answer for me haha.

Your answered someone else for yourself but basically it was the exact same question and response so I used you to get my point across

Sorry, I replied to this above, before I'd read properly the post of mine that you'd quoted. To be absolutely clear, though I think it shouldn't need to be said there are more than two options regarding Trit's claim:

He's really the seer
    He's a villager claiming to be the seer
    He's a wolf claiming to be the seer

I'm now incredibly insulted because you think Baggly, Kitten and myself as the three wolves couldn't have come up with these! Personally I feel the two of them are dragging me down

(Thats a joke before anyone goes after me for admitting I’m a wolf)

The wolves are talking about Trit’s claim, we should be too, its not a question that theres a definitive answer too, Trit will most likely be dead at munch, so I’d like to learn some stuff before that

I do have to leave in about an hour, so if we could decide on whether we're voting on FFA list or not, so I can change before I leave that would be smashing :)

Next decision:

Green&Red 4
    quickbeam 4
    tusk 8
    Clarabel 4

I've always said I'm for open voting

I'm now incredibly insulted because you think Baggly, Kitten and myself as the three wolves couldn't have come up with these! Personally I feel the two of them are dragging me down

(Thats a joke before anyone goes after me for admitting I’m a wolf)

The wolves are talking about Trit’s claim, we should be too, its not a question that theres a definitive answer too, Trit will most likely be dead at munch, so I’d like to learn some stuff before that

Well, if you couldn't see it wasn't binary then maybe the wolves couldn't have either? Maybe they'd have taken Trit at his word and munched him and we'd have the seer for another day?

As it is, it's now been spelled out. There's a good chance they'll leave Trit and we'll be forced to waste a lynch on him. That's what I'd do. If I was a wolf.

I think the way FFAs are meant to run is that you race the leaders, but don't declare. By being in the race in the first place, it gives those in the race enough time to defend themselves.

So, don't declare would be my suggestion. Far too easy for a wolf to vote strategically if they know where everyone else's votes are going.

But race / not race, that can be decided. Reluctantly, if we went to the effort of doing FFAs we probably should race.

I think the way FFAs are meant to run is that you race the leaders, but don't declare. By being in the race in the first place, it gives those in the race enough time to defend themselves.

So, don't declare would be my suggestion. Far too easy for a wolf to vote strategically if they know where everyone else's votes are going.

But race / not race, that can be decided. Reluctantly, if we went to the effort of doing FFAs we probably should race.

First time on the chopping block like this and it occurs to me that a race between three unverified players is way easier for a wolf to hide in than a non race

Well, if you couldn't see it wasn't binary then maybe the wolves couldn't have either? Maybe they'd have taken Trit at his word and munched him and we'd have the seer for another day?

As it is, it's now been spelled out. There's a good chance they'll leave Trit and we'll be forced to waste a lynch on him. That's what I'd do. If I was a wolf.

But sure that was clearly stated wayyyy back

What you're saying making no sense at all, I'm sorry QB but you have to go, your FFA reasons are too weak and you're contradicting yourself in post after post

I've voted for on of the four in the race.

• Advertisement

First time on the chopping block like this and it occurs to me that a race between three unverified players is way easier for a wolf to hide in than a non race

Explain that?

I wouldn't worry QB and Strawbs will probably do enough canvassing to get me lynched

Advertisement