Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WereWolf: A 13 player Seer game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

quickbeam wrote: »
    GnR, could you explain, in baby-words, your feelings about Baggly and the "slip" post. I don't really understand where you're coming from with that.

You'll notice, Baggly, that I haven't included any of the "slip" stuff in my own suspicions of you.

Why would you, your wolf buddy GNR is doing it for you.

Flexibility is the hallmark of the wolf. They need to be flexible because if they nail their colours to any masts and are proven wrong enough times, they will get lynched via policy lynch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

duffman13 wrote: »
    Depending on how Baggly and Kitten go, this post shouldnt be forgotten. Would have been way more interesting if Strwabs flips red but if Tusk flips red then its also interesting.

*Just to note, I am seeing a lynch as Tusk as giving us a lot of info but in a game of small margins, we really need to find a wolf. Personally my wolf lean is on Tusk at the moment but I dont wanna fall down a tunnel even though I am finding it hard to avoid on Tusk

Wise thoughts. I don't think my lynching will give the village any info though. Everyone thinks I'm wolfy and I think several are.

When I flip green, all you'll learn is that my accusations were for real...

I mean think about it; if i stick to my guns and 'remain' inflexible, and im wrong about the 3 of ye (Tusk, GRN and QB) and convince everyone else to kill ye off (or even 1 or 2 of ye) and im wrong - village is gonna turn around and go 'eh baggles, whats going on all your suggestions are ****e' and then kill me.

Its not the course of action a wolf would follow.

Meanwhile, flexi-wolves are going around changing their mind all the time so that noone in the village can say 'hey you wanted X dead all along and you were proven wrong'.

Flexible people are much harder to pin down via their decisions (because they are so flexible on those decisions).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Baggly wrote: »
    So first paragraph - you are saying if i threw up an arbitrary third, thats better than the 2 i sussed? I disagree. I also disagree that its difficult for a wolf to come up with a third. Thats crazy logic to find wolves with. Surely the incentive is on wolves to provide three names to influence the FFA results more?

I didn't want an arbitrary third. I wanted a good reasoning third. Some games, with very little going on except arguments about whether Die Hard is a Christmas movie or not (it is!), it can be hard to hold any suspicions against anyone. This game had gone pretty much straight in to game-play. I think there was plenty of data there for you to come up with a third name. Most other players did.

Giving only two names, on its own doesn't make you a wolf. In fact, nothing I've mentioned, on their own, make you a wolf. And I could also be wildly wrong about you. But when I combine them all, they do point towards wolf to me. I may change my mind (as I did with GnR) but democracy will rule in the lynch results.

I didn't want an arbitrary third. I wanted a good reasoning third. Some games, with very little going on except arguments about whether Die Hard is a Christmas movie or not (it is!), it can be hard to hold any suspicions against anyone. This game had gone pretty much straight in to game-play. I think there was plenty of data there for you to come up with a third name. Most other players did.

Giving only two names, on its own doesn't make you a wolf. In fact, nothing I've mentioned, on their own, make you a wolf. And I could also be wildly wrong about you. But when I combine them all, they do point towards wolf to me. I may change my mind (as I did with GnR) but democracy will rule in the lynch results.

What a very flexible and hedge betting thing for you to say :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Why would you, your wolf buddy GNR is doing it for you.

Flexibility is the hallmark of the wolf. They need to be flexible because if they nail their colours to any masts and are proven wrong enough times, they will get lynched via policy lynch.

After yesterday's arguments with GnR, you think we're wolf buddies??? LOL!!!

Ok seriously. Meeting now.

Flexible people are much harder to pin down via their decisions (because they are so flexible on those decisions).

Story of my life man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

There is a wolf in Sully, Clara, Tusk and GnR, possibly two if Tusk flips red. That's my line of thinking.

Kitten cause Strawbs had a vote on her, I'll try delve into a bit more today.

I think Sully and G&R are village but either tusk or Clara is a wolf, and my gut says Clara.

QB I accept your response about sully to be reasonable.

• Advertisement

I think people are writing sully off too easily.

1. Kitten_K
    2. Sullivlo
    3. whiplashy
    4. green&red
    5. ectoplasm
    6. kolido
    7. tusk
    8. duffman
    9. clarabel
    10. baggly
    13. quickbeam

I feel like the bolded people need more discussion on them. They are flying to softly through the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

kitten_k wrote: »
    Can't believe the seer outed themselves so early! I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you either made a mistake or are trying to protect the real seer. Would be a suicide play by a wolf IMO. This will be self resolving as the wolves will kill you to make sure, if anyone votes you tonight they really need to be looked at closely.

That actually happened on night we were playing WW at the FG Beers - Necro gave us all village cards!

I can't see a wolf doing it but I also don't see how it is pro village? It ha given the wolves two clear villagers to munch! If he had held on a few days we could have had a nice core and it would have given us a better chance of identifying the wolves.

I don't think Trit is a wolf. If he is the real seer then Whip is clear but with a target on her back. If Trit is trying to protect the real seer then nobody knows what Whip is.

If Trit is lying I don't think the real seer would be foolish enough to counter claim this early.
    Believes Tris claim somewhat
    Or KK for me and just K for him?
    Clarifying between her and Kolido
    Considering I only had one post when you wrote that then you are not going to find much
    I was wondering how long before you accused me
    Responding to SMs Genie comment
    Or maybe I was just catching up on thread before I posted. Nice try
    Responding to SMs Genie comment
    Myself of course
    Saying she peek herself
    I think we should move on from the auto-priest talk, its getting us nowhere. Sulli has gotten us the clarification we needed - thanks. We need to put a plan in place for today - are we doing FFA's, declaring votes etc?

A bit unusual starting on a lynch as we have no player to review to see if they were munch because they were on to anything so will probably end up a huge mess if we don't try to plan something.
    Trying to lay out a village plan of attack
    Agree - if he is telling the truth we won't want to be lynching our seer on D1!

I answered SM on this, I was actually catching up (didn't expect so many posts this morning) and just happened to post the same time as her.

I'll post an FFA after lunch.
    Clarifying she wont lynch the claim which is obvious I would have thought
    Just on this bit - what I meant was the wolves are gonna munch into anyone they see as being cleared by the village as it will leave more unknowns for them to hide in.

This looks like you put a teammate on by mistake, changed it and then when you get a bit of heat you change it back. When you add it to this post, it doesn't look good:
    Clarifying potential wolf strategy. Pointing out Tusks "Slip"
    Baggly
    Clarifying she thinks Tusk and Baggly are on a team
    #FFA1

Tusk
    Clarabel
    Ecto
    Sorry QB! My reasons are:

Tusk - as said previously his switch from Baggly and the reason given for it and his "i'm never a wolf" spiel

Clarabel - seems more concerned on who started the bandwagon on Kolido and voting that person than voting for who she actually thinks is a wolf

Ecto - not as strong a feeling here but I feel that she is holding back a bit
    My only real wolf lean, thinks Baggly and Tusk are team mates potentially but doesnt then include Baggly on her FFA. Odd
    Apart from your FFA's you haven't really said much, just lots of fluff
    Response to Ecto
    I'm heading off about 5 (going to get wined and dined in The Merrion ). I will get a vote in before I go and try to check in before lynch.
    Pretentious dinner aside, flagging she will be away for a while
    RIP Trit, well done on protecting the seer.

For everyone saying I was too quiet last night - I had told you all that I would be AFK last night. What I found interesting reading back was the constant flippings of votes and asking where to vote by Tusk and Whip - wolves trying to ensure they are on the correct wagon?

Not 100% sure, think it was about 4.30
    I'm always going to be on of the low posters every game, this is not gonna change which always leads to me getting accused of being a wolf

That's not a surprise as Strawberry always assumes I am a wolf, it never has to do with my posts just that she likes thinking I am a wolf.

I have a couple of things to do this morning but then I want to look more closely into Whip. She got a pass from most yesterday as she was mentioned by Trit. But I didn't like her posts coming up to lynch - she kept asking who people were voting and had no problem moving her vote, felt like a wolf trying to make sure they got a vote in the right place.
    I think yesterday was a farce for everyone - to much defensiveness all round. People should be able to call out / question people without them getting defensive! It's what the game is all about.
    Everything else in respone to this mornings munch. To be honest leaning village here but the Baggly thing and him not on her FFA leaves a shadow.

tusk wrote: »
    QB I accept your response about sully to be reasonable.
    I think people are writing sully off too easily.

On what basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

GnR, could you explain, in baby-words, your feelings about Baggly and the "slip" post. I don't really understand where you're coming from with that.

You'll notice, Baggly, that I haven't included any of the "slip" stuff in my own suspicions of you.
    So I understand that he wasn’t saying I slipped something from a BR, accepted, move on.

But IMO he’s clearly saying that I’ve slipped by wanting to know about Trit, I haven’t, as I’ve said it was the main talking point from yesterday so I felt it would give us the most information.
    To paint it as anything else is just slippery. AND right before thread close, one word, FFS could you throw anymore shade?
    It was a deliberate plant of a seed IMO

He followed it up this morning with more posts which based themselves on stuff about my posts which weren’t accurate. I wasn’t on him yesterday, read my ISO, I’m firmly on the shelf. Reading Baggly this morning I was on his case apparently, that’s just not true, at all. I was on plenty of people’s cases but he was not one of them.

He’s creating a narrative around me with a view to stitching me up IMO, it started with that post and it’s continued today with stuff like that

Tell me am I reading the situation wrong? Maybe I’m being too defensive?

On what basis?

On the basis that nobody is clear, and sully has had basically zero conversation on her. Which is frightening.

Anyone hiding and not having any accusations thrown at them or discussions on their villagyness has an easier time getting by if they're a wolf...

Why is that something I have to explain?

Wise thoughts. I don't think my lynching will give the village any info though. Everyone thinks I'm wolfy and I think several are.

When I flip green, all you'll learn is that my accusations were for real...

Lynching you actually gives us quiet a lot of info.
    If you flip red
    Potenail second wolf in the SM voters
    Baggly potentially a wolf
    Me potentially clear
    Kitten potentially clear.

If you flip green then we can look at your accusations which tbh as we stand are flippant at best with no real reasoning. Sorry I am trying not to go down a tunnel but its sucking me in :(

On the basis that nobody is clear, and sully has had basically zero conversation on her. Which is frightening.

Anyone hiding and not having any accusations thrown at them or discussions on their villagyness has an easier time getting by if they're a wolf...

Why is that something I have to explain?

Its not but you need reasoning, saying someone is getting an easy time is fine, but highlight reasoning cause it looks like deflection otherwise.

If you flip red
    Me potentially clear

If you flip green then we can look at your accusations which tbh as we stand are flippant at best with no real reasoning. Sorry I am trying not to go down a tunnel but its sucking me in :(

Explain the me potentially being a wolf, please.

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    Tell me am I reading the situation wrong? Maybe I’m being too defensive?

To be honest your responses early game came across as very defensive, I looked into the content of what you said though and leaned villager but you seemed on edge which in itself is somewhat wolfy

Pretentious dinner

LOL

Spefically around the backroom slip Tusk is said to have made, putting you instead of me in an FFA yesterday. If tusk flips red, that change may put a finger on you being a wolf!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

To be honest leaning village here but the Baggly thing and him not on her FFA leaves a shadow.

Just on this - I left Baggly off because the only reason he came to my attention was due to Tusks post, not to do with his own posting. At that point on his posts alone I didn't have a strong reading on him but I have him noted to look into should Tusk flip red.

After yesterday's arguments with GnR, you think we're wolf buddies??? LOL!!!

3 things catch wolves imo. Powers (maybe seer gets lucky), vote analysis, and interaction analysis.

If ye buss each other and one of you goes down, the other uses it as a magic carpet to lock clear town.

Spefically around the backroom slip Tusk is said to have made, putting you instead of me in an FFA yesterday. If tusk flips red, that change may put a finger on you being a wolf!

In fairness I think that “slip” was a complete red herring, I would be looking unfavourably at anyone peddling it to go after Baggly or Tusk.

Lots of other reasons to go after them but this one is nonsense IMO

If you flip red
    Me potentially clear

I don't flip red, and that certainly doesn't doesn't add up.

My accusations are flippant in what way? Yes, they are more than most and have changed, but they changed when new information was received, and still, most other people also have similar feelings on those who i've accused, so how does that happen? I haven't forced anyone to think my way, i've laid out my feelings and in some case why i feel that way.

Strawbs was voted for by several people. As was kitten, who myself and strawbs and qb among others wwere happy to move to. I was also happy to move to kolido who also, wouldn't have had only me on him.

All those who i was happy to move to had been on my (not vast) ffa list of 6 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Green&Red wrote: »
    Pretentious dinner

LOL

It wasn't as nice as I expected :(:(

And yet i voted for him in the lynch? If he flips bad, i would have been bussing a teammate, by your logic. Not something i would do.

• Advertisement

Its not but you need reasoning, saying someone is getting an easy time is fine, but highlight reasoning cause it looks like deflection otherwise.

I didn't say people should stop talking about me or anyone else, I just said others shouldn't be forgotten in the wake of those discussions.

No deflection, purely keeping the village honest.

Advertisement