Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WereWolf: A 13 player Seer game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Just for the record if I hadn’t switched from Tusk it would have been a tie with Strawbs and Tusk. So even if Kitten was a wolf and even if I was also a wolf my vote made no difference.
    But nice one on linking myself and Kitten together, it could be handy to come back to if she was to turn red couldn’t it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    I had GnR as village right up until his post last night about seeing what way Trit flipped. I said he'd made mistakes about things that I wouldn't expect a wolf to make but I'm now thinking those mistakes were either actual mistakes or cover.

This one?
    Green&Red wrote: »
    I’m heading off line. Trit, I don’t expect to see you again, very strange play, I’ll be delighted to see how you flip tomorrow morning

Why does that make you think he's a wolf?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Because I'm pointing out a wolf? :confused:

That's some strange logic there Tusk.

I had GnR as village right up until his post last night about seeing what way Trit flipped. I said he'd made mistakes about things that I wouldn't expect a wolf to make but I'm now thinking those mistakes were either actual mistakes or cover.

you don't know you're pointing out a wolf?

just because of your posts. they are vibey to me. I'm also worried nobody is discussing you as a potential candidate. (among others)

Logic means sweet FA in this game. We don't have enough information to use logic. Everything we accuse people for is based on gut reactions to their posts, and generally we try to use 'logic' as a way to frame those decisions. But in the end, we end up wrong more times than not, so the 'logic' is inherently flawed.

I've found that in these games going with my gut is usally the best answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Just for the record if I hadn’t switched from Tusk it would have been a tie with Strawbs and Tusk. So even if Kitten was a wolf and even if I was also a wolf my vote made no difference.
    But nice one on linking myself and Kitten together, it could be handy to come back to if she was to turn red couldn’t it?

Well, as you are my no. 1 suspect as a wolf it would :)

I'm linking you and Tusk too but no feelings on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Folks - apologies for my absence today. I'm marking exams and have a strict deadline to adhere to. I only got the go-ahead to mark yesterday afternoon so it's been a mad dash.

I'm around (sporadically) until about 4. I'll hopefully be back on in the lead up to the lynch.

RIP to strawbs. It was the ISO that convinced me to vote for her.

I voted outside of my FFA because I voted with the results as compiled.

My current suspicions would lie with:
    Kitten
    Baggly
    Duffman

Based on nothing more than a gut feeling.

I'm happy to answer any questions. I know I've had an armchair ride, but someone ISO'd me yesterday and got village vibes so that could be why.

• Advertisement

I’m heading off line. Trit, I don’t expect to see you again, very strange play, I’ll be delighted to see how you flip tomorrow morning

BTW I don't see anything wrong with this. I was interested to see how he'd flip too.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Oh full disclosure I'm reffing again tonight. 4 games, first one at 645. So I won't be around until lynch. I'll do my best to get on before 945 tho

tusk wrote: »
    you don't know you're pointing out a wolf?

just because of your posts. they are vibey to me. I'm also worried nobody is discussing you as a potential candidate. (among others)

Logic means sweet FA in this game. We don't have enough information to use logic. Everything we accuse people for is based on gut reactions to their posts, and generally we try to use 'logic' as a way to frame those decisions. But in the end, we end up wrong more times than not, so the 'logic' is inherently flawed.

I've found that in these games going with my gut is usally the best answer.

Ok...so I'm pointing out who I believe to be a wolf. Gut feeling is fine. I voted that way last night but the way that the voting went and the fact that that a villager died has me looking at the info I have available. I like gut feeling but I prefer information and I'm working with what I have.

You seem determined to dismiss my feelings about GnR. Why?

BTW I don't see anything wrong with this. I was interested to see how he'd flip too.

Yeah, me too (was pretty sure it'd flip as it did flip, but still interested to have it confirmed). That's why I'm interested in why Ecto thinks it's sus.

Ok...so I'm pointing out who I believe to be a wolf. Gut feeling is fine. I voted that way last night but the way that the voting went and the fact that that a villager died has me looking at the info I have available. I like gut feeling but I prefer information and I'm working with what I have.

You seem determined to dismiss my feelings about GnR. Why?

i'm not dismissing them. I literally said a few posts ago that I could see your idea being true????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

One thing though - we gave Whippy an easy time yesterday because Trit said she was village. He, obviously, wasn't the seer.

Do we need to look at whippy?

Or was the trit munch a bluff by the wolves? Two scenarios.

1) They believed Trit was the seer so munched him.
    2) They knew Trit wasn't the seer because whippy is on their team but munched him anyway so it would "clear" whippy.

sullivlo wrote: »
    One thing though - we gave Whippy an easy time yesterday because Trit said she was village. He, obviously, wasn't the seer.

2) They knew Trit wasn't the seer because whippy is on their team but munched him anyway so it would "clear" whippy.

Very good point Sully! I wouldn't have thought of that!

quickbeam wrote: »
    Yeah, me too (was pretty sure it'd flip as it did flip, but still interested to have it confirmed). That's why I'm interested in why Ecto thinks it's sus.

Because it was ALWAYS going to be village/seer. He didn't say he'd be interested to see if Trit was really seer/was village, he said flip. Flip tends to be green/red. And if you die at munch its always green.

I wasn't sure if Trit was seer or not - as I said, I thought that Strawbs, given she effectively 'cleared' more than one person, might have been, but Trit could've been playing a ballsy double bluff too. What I was pretty sure of was that it was a village move as it made zero sense as a wolf play. That said, if munched he was never gonna be a wolf.

Folks - apologies for my absence today. I'm marking exams and have a strict deadline to adhere to. I only got the go-ahead to mark yesterday afternoon so it's been a mad dash.

I'm around (sporadically) until about 4. I'll hopefully be back on in the lead up to the lynch.

Kitten
    Baggly
    Duffman

I'm happy to answer any questions. I know I've had an armchair ride, but someone ISO'd me yesterday and got village vibes so that could be why.
    Oh ya, you were my third ISO and I was happy enough you were village

Kitten
    Baggly
    Duffman

SEC Marking? Good luck, hope it goes well!

i'm not dismissing them. I literally said a few posts ago that I could see your idea being true????

Fair enough. I might be a tad overexcited as I've got a strong feeling on a wolf. :o

Because it was ALWAYS going to be village/seer. He didn't say he'd be interested to see if Trit was really seer/was village, he said flip. Flip tends to be green/red. And if you die at munch its always green.

I wasn't sure if Trit was seer or not - as I said, I thought that Strawbs, given she effectively 'cleared' more than one person, might have been, but Trit could've been playing a ballsy double bluff too. What I was pretty sure of was that it was a village move as it made zero sense as a wolf play. That said, if munched he was never gonna be a wolf.

I think you're jumping on this because you took it up the wrong way . i.e. flip = good versus bad, whereas I, and I assume GnR and QB are thinking of it as flipping vanilla versus seer?

There are other things that have been mentioned to go after GnR, but I think you're blinding yourself with this specific item.

Okay I get you and fair point. I guess it comes down to the meaning of the word flip. I would personally give him the benefit of the doubt in using the word. But it's noted.

Flip means flip, seer is a form of flip.
    I don’t know if it’s on purpose but you’re going out if your way to read more into that post than was actually there.

As for me being on a team with Tusk imagine the scenario where I didn’t switch back and Tusk went out. Then you would accuse me of being on a team with Strawbs, that I had her FFA’d all day and didn’t go with her.
    So I literally couldn’t win.
    You’re determined to see me as a wolf no matter which way I turn, I hope other people can see the logic to everything I’ve done.

For what it’s worth I am on the same team
    As Strawbs!

I think you're jumping on this because you took it up the wrong way . i.e. flip = good versus bad, whereas I, and I assume GnR and QB are thinking of it as flipping vanilla versus seer?

There are other things that have been mentioned to go after GnR, but I think you're blinding yourself with this specific item.

It isn't just this. It was this that made me initially think I might've been wrong about him but the voting and his interactions with Baggly this morning have made those feelings stronger.

I'm going to go back and read over, maybe I am getting ahead of myself.

• Advertisement

Wut?? And Ecto thanking Sully's post too. This isn't novel. Kitten already mentioned it some hours ago and I commented on it then too.

Why would anyone be 'interested' in seeing someone flip seer. I dread seeing that. Im on the same page as Ecto on this one.

He says 'god i hope he flips NRV' yeah thats fine......Ah its not the biggest issue i have with GNR; but neither does it warrant dismissal.

Wut?? And Ecto thanking Sully's post too. This isn't novel. Kitten already mentioned it some hours ago and I commented on it then too.

Soz QB. You can have all the credit. :pac: I was just agreeing with it.

I basically had one post after munch announcement and I was out. Then I read back and admittedly most of my focus was on GnR.

Okay, this is weird. This is Kitten's original post about Whippy. I think she was the first one to bring out that Whippy might be a wolf, and the Trit munch was a way of getting her confirmed villager:
    kitten_k wrote: »
    I'm always going to be on of the low posters every game, this is not gonna change which always leads to me getting accused of being a wolf :rolleyes:

That's not a surprise as Strawberry always assumes I am a wolf, it never has to do with my posts just that she likes thinking I am a wolf.

I have a couple of things to do this morning but then I want to look more closely into Whip. She got a pass from most yesterday as she was mentioned by Trit. But I didn't like her posts coming up to lynch - she kept asking who people were voting and had no problem moving her vote, felt like a wolf trying to make sure they got a vote in the right place.

But Tusk thanked this??? :confused:

Yet when Sully posted the same thing, he says:

Tusky, and explanation?

Baggly wrote: »
    Why would anyone be 'interested' in seeing someone flip seer. I dread seeing that. Im on the same page as Ecto on this one.

He says 'god i hope he flips NRV' yeah thats fine......Ah its not the biggest issue i have with GNR; but neither does it warrant dismissal.
    Interested from an information POV, not interested from a have a party POV

I’m interested in the holocaust doesn’t mean I’m f**king happy about it

Soz QB. You can have all the credit. :pac: I was just agreeing with it.

I basically had one post after munch announcement and I was out. Then I read back and admittedly most of my focus was on GnR.

Nah, in fairness it was Kitten that first suggested it. I *think* I'm the only one who replied to Kitten though.

This made me LOL.

Flip means flip, seer is a form of flip.
    I don’t know if it’s on purpose but you’re going out if your way to read more into that post than was actually there.

As for me being on a team with Tusk imagine the scenario where I didn’t switch back and Tusk went out. Then you would accuse me of being on a team with Strawbs, that I had her FFA’d all day and didn’t go with her.
    So I literally couldn’t win.
    You’re determined to see me as a wolf no matter which way I turn, I hope other people can see the logic to everything I’ve done.

For what it’s worth I am on the same team
    As Strawbs!

If so, then we're teammates.

Interested from an information POV, not interested from a have a party POV

Jesus.

• Advertisement

Maybe she didn't make it as clear as sully. I don't recall seeing that from her anyway. Sorry kitten if it was your idea originally.

Good idea though.

Advertisement