Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WereWolf: A 13 player Seer game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

tusk wrote: »
    I feel like this game I'm seeing a lot more 'personal narrative bias' than I have in others. Wonder why that is.

What d'you mean here tusk? Not really understanding you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    What d'you mean here tusk? Not really understanding you.

People are getting something in their head about someone, creating a narrative around what they think that person is doing or how they are acting and being very averse to stepping back and looking at it from a different angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Whiplashy wrote: »
    #FFA2

Kitten voted her last night. Didn’t like that she was the first to throw shade at me this morning. Pulled it back a bit with her ISO, but that could also be a wolfie move after I called her out.

Clara my gut is screaming wolf and sometimes you just have to listen to it. I’ll probably vote here.

Baggly I know he gave his RL reasons but didn’t like him showing up so late last night and only offering up that strawbs wasn’t a wolf. Looked like a wolfie play to me.

Okay......what about your gut? Can you try put it in words?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Okay I'm back. Jeeze, it's too hot out there :(

Anyway, I reckon most wolves, having seen me saying that I was leaning away from them being a wolf, would stop needling me like Bags did. I can't see it as a normal wolf play.

I think it was Ecto who said it sounds more like a V/V interaction, and I have to reluctantly agree.

With the caveat of course, that Bags isn't always "most" or "normal" so could still be a wolf. But I think more likely not than is. Yes, I'm hedging. Only the wolves know for certain.

Clarabel wrote: »
    In fairness, so was Necro!
    huh?

I agree with tusk here. This needs clarifying please Clara.

• Advertisement

Nice genie clara. Also, nice innocuous post to introduce yourself.

How is that Genie? I've been posting since I got home and started reading. You even responded to one of my posts.....

People are getting something in their head about someone, creating a narrative around what they think that person is doing or how they are acting and being very averse to stepping back and looking at it from a different angle.

Ah ok. Personally I think you see it in every game, - hence the tunnelling we are all so fond of :) - but I see your point.

You know what I feel like Clara is a wolf. I recommend we Lynch her. Voting now. Not changing votes. Thanks and goodnight

How is that Genie? I've been posting since I got home and started reading. You even responded to one of my posts.....

Yeah I just noticed haha I can't keep track

You know what I feel like Clara is a wolf. I recommend we Lynch her. Voting now. Not changing votes. Thanks and goodnight

So...about that bias you mentioned

:D

• Advertisement

When I step away for five or ten minutes it feels like ages

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    So...about that bias you mentioned

:D

I had actually gone off Clara. But something's driving me back

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Really sorry guys I havent been around all day. I havent even caught up. Could anyone give me a quick rundown of todays proceedings please?

quickbeam wrote: »
    I agree with tusk here. This needs clarifying please Clara.

It was a joke that he had been on so many people that he may as well have been on people not even playing

I had actually gone off Clara. But something's driving me back

What is that something?

So, was thinking this when I was out: two soft (and false) claims for seer. One gets a lot of notice (Trit's) and one stays pretty much under the radar (Strawbs'). You're a wolf and you think both are probably bogus but you can't really be sure so you want rid of both. You engineer the lynch of one and the munch of the other. It doesn't even matter which order they're done in*.

Did any one speak of lynching Trit? I don't know the answer to this, I'd have to look back to see.

Who spoke of lynching Strawbs? GnR certainly seemed to be the one to raise suspicion on her to start with. That doesn't necessarily mean he's a wolf, as wolves often don't like to be seen to make the initial move on a lynch, but will happily jump on a wagon started by an innocent patsy. Who was the first to jump on GnR's ISO? Again, something I don't know the answer to off the top of my head and need to look back on.

Frankly, barring actually offing the actual seer, offing two seer claims in the first two kills is an almost perfect start for the wolves' game.

Off to investigate, but would appreciate thoughts on this too.
    * unless your teammate is Whippy, in which case the lynch on Strawbs is preferable, but not essential.

What is that something?

Gut

Kolido wrote: »
    Really sorry guys I havent been around all day. I havent even caught up. Could anyone give me a quick rundown of todays proceedings please?

I've just spent a good 90mins reading

Baggly fought with people (gnr and qb)
    Lots of GUT reads
    kitten did her first ISO on whip (says village)
    Duffers and K quiet (oh wait you're K)

I'm not sure I'm any the wiser

Gut

Bleugh. gut is nonsense. Try put it in words. Read your gut.

Is it style, words, are.my jokes just not funny?

So, was thinking this when I was out: two soft (and false) claims for seer. One gets a lot of notice (Trit's) and one stays pretty much under the radar (Strawbs'). You're a wolf and you think both are probably bogus but you can't really be sure so you want rid of both. You engineer the lynch of one and the munch of the other. It doesn't even matter which order they're done in*.

Did any one speak of lynching Trit? I don't know the answer to this, I'd have to look back to see.

Who spoke of lynching Strawbs? GnR certainly seemed to be the one to raise suspicion on her to start with. That doesn't necessarily mean he's a wolf, as wolves often don't like to be seen to make the initial move on a lynch, but will happily jump on a wagon started by an innocent patsy. Who was the first to jump on GnR's ISO? Again, something I don't know the answer to off the top of my head and need to look back on.

Frankly, barring actually offing the actual seer, offing two seer claims in the first two kills is an almost perfect start for the wolves' game.

Off to investigate, but would appreciate thoughts on this too.
    * unless your teammate is Whippy, in which case the lynch on Strawbs is preferable, but not essential.

I think I was 2nd on that wagon. I think I may have quoted the person who was first if that helps find them.

• Advertisement

I think I was 2nd on that wagon. I think I may have quoted the person who was first if that helps find them.

I think I was the first to agree with his iso. But I changed my vote to kitten and then back to strawbs so it won't be reflected in timings

Okay these were the posts after GnR's ISO, but before Strawbs got back from her nap:
    changing vote to strawbs. I knew there was something dodgy about her. But you've clarified it for me. Cheers.
    Tusk, who else is on Strawbs. I'll join you there.
    Whiplashy wrote: »
    I’m happy to move too if there’s enough on her.

tusk and Clara did end up voting for Strawbs. Whippy didn't.

Bleugh. gut is nonsense. Try put it in words. Read your gut.

Is it style, words, are.my jokes just not funny?

Gut isn't nonsense. It is annoying for the accused because you can't argue with it.

When people say guy is why they Target me I move on.

Strawbs' lynch gained traction after that, so they had no need to push for one on Trit. If there was any hint on trying to push on Trit it would have been before GnR's ISO on Strawbs and a lot more subtle to find. I'll have a quick glance now.

Strawbs' lynch gained traction after that, so they had no need to push for one on Trit. If there was any hint on trying to push on Trit it would have been before GnR's ISO on Strawbs and a lot more subtle to find. I'll have a quick glance now.

Can't imagine anyone would have pushed for that

Just realised I've never been munched...

Wehey!

So, Sully provided this:
    sullivlo wrote: »
    I voted outside of my FFA because I voted with the results as compiled.

But per the below, GnR was in her FFA and was in the race?
    Person Target 1 Target 2 Target 3
    Sully Green&Red Kitten Kolido

Top 3
    (Actually tied top 4)
    Green&Red 4
    quickbeam 4
    tusk 8
    Clarabel 4

This was the only pre-lynch indication of where she was voting:
    My vote is on the one who brings all the boys to the yard, by the way.

Sully, why did you vote Strawbs instead of GnR?

Can't imagine anyone would have pushed for that

I doubt it either, but someone might have teased the possibility to gauge the reaction for it.

Kinda weak?
    With nothing to go on beyond my gut:

FFA1:
    Green&Red - simply because of his reactions
    Kitten - the genie appearance made me lol
    Kolido - I need a 3rd. Low poster. Mainly fluff.

This is, obviously, subject to change and I'm just trying to get the ball rolling.

• Advertisement

Yeah, actually it would have been wolf-suicide to go down the road of a Trit lynch.

Advertisement