Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A License Driving Test in Cavan

Options
  • 01-07-2019 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,
    I have received test date for my motorcycle driving test in Cavan in start of august I wonder if anyone had done the test in Cavan and could give me any advice? Problem is none of the instructors I took lessons from are familiar with cavan roads I only heard that Cavan is more or less one way system , I would apreciate any input on this Best regards M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

UrbanFret will be in with the rescue now shortly, he has a good video he done of the route. Also William O DOnohue is an instructor based in Ballieborugh (Cavan Motorcycle School) he knows the routes and roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

UrbanFret will be in with the rescue now shortly, he has a good video he done of the route. Also William O DOnohue is an instructor based in Ballieborugh (Cavan Motorcycle School) he knows the routes and roads.

https://youtu.be/yc1TX8naS4Q

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭woody84

Does anyone know if there's many different routes in cavan for the test?

woody84 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's many different routes in cavan for the test?

The route in the video above is it. There may be a slight variation where instead of going around the back of the town at 23:47 you will go on down the hill. Turn left ,then right down Thomas ashe street. Turn left at junction continuing on past the bus station and back out to the cavan crystal via that route.

UrbanFret wrote: »
    The route in the video above is it. There may be a slight variation where instead of going around the back of the town at 23:47 you will go on down the hill. Turn left ,then right down Thomas ashe street. Turn left at junction continuing on past the bus station and back out to the cavan crystal via that route.

Seems like a handy enough route.

• Advertisement

woody84 wrote: »
    Seems like a handy enough route.

Its not bad at all. As grimreaper above advises, a run around or 2 with william donohoe will help no end.

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Its not bad at all. As grimreaper above advises, a run around or 2 with william donohoe will help no end.

Yeah I plan on doing a few lessons with William alright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Its a handy enough route. There is a bit on the N3 and then off to do you emergency break bit but the test is not that bad. Few left only turns and hill starts etc.

Advertisement