Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal trainer recommendations

Options
  • 02-07-2019 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good personal trainer in Galway City or relatively close to Roscam. I don’t mind small group training. Just basically need someone to help me get started out, I am young and considerable scrawny and being honest the gym I recently joined gave me ZERO advice on how to build muscle or nutrition, which I desperately need. If any of ye know of someone who is good and reasonably priced please let me know, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I attended Foundation Fitness & Therapy and have nothing but good about them.
    They do up a plan for you on your initial visit and make sure you keep it.
    www.foundationft.com

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Maximum Results have moved to Briarhill Business Park.

They have a good team of trainers there, and good friendly people who train there too. Plenty knowledge about nutrition also from both trainers & users.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Psychlops

If you don't want to splash the cash why not watch some tutorials on youtube?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭spud65

The guys at All Core Gym are the lads for you, They are at the back of brooks builder suppliers in parkmore. coaches are brilliant. My 18yr son goes there and they have worked wonders with him. https://www.facebook.com/AllCoreGym/

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭the_galway_fry

How much do personal trainers charge per session roughly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Psychlops

DavidK1993 wrote: »
    the gym I recently joined gave me ZERO advice on how to build muscle or nutrition, which I desperately need.

Youtube for that, plenty of good free advice on there. Personally I wouldnt bother with a personal trainer, I found in order to push myself I had to actually push myself & not listen to what anybody else had to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

DavidK1993 wrote: »
    advice on how to build muscle or nutrition, .

Ask your GP for a referral to a dietician. Gym trainers know very little about healthy eating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭LostDuck

Ask your GP for a referral to a dietician. Gym trainers know very little about healthy eating.

"MORE PROTEIN"

Advertisement