Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Street ATM took card and no money was given

Options
  • 02-07-2019 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi Bank of Ireland,

I was withdrawing €40 at the James Street branch on Wednesday afternoon after 5 PM. Your machine would not give me back my bank card and as result my card was taken by the ATM without even giving me the cash requested.

I am an AIB customer and I had to call AIB to block my card and request a new one. I saw other customers calling their banks outside your branch. Surely, if the ATM was faulty why was it accessible to customers after 5 PM when your branch is closed? 

Can anyone please get in touch? I demand explanations.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

jrewing wrote: »
    Hi Bank of Ireland,

I was withdrawing €40 at the James Street branch on Wednesday afternoon after 5 PM. Your machine would not give me back my bank card and as result my card was taken by the ATM without even giving me the cash requested.

I am an AIB customer and I had to call AIB to block my card and request a new one. I saw other customers calling their banks outside your branch. Surely, if the ATM was faulty why was it accessible to customers after 5 PM when your branch is closed? 

Can anyone please get in touch? I demand explanations.

Hi jrewing,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us today.

We are very sorry to hear that your card was retained at one of our ATM machines. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience to you as a result of this.

In this scenario you have done everything correct by contacting your bank and cancelling your card. We do not have an answer here as to why the ATM retained your card or why it was faulty after 5pm in the evening. We have ordered for a service and maintenance check to be carried out on this ATM today.

If you wish to make a formal complaint please follow the instructions in the link below.

http://bit.ly/2JX1ETb

Many Thanks

John

Advertisement