Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown grass - when to cut again?

Options
  • 02-07-2019 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭

An old lady that works at the same place as me put a notice on the bulletin board asking if anyone knew anyone who could mow her grass. I told her I'd do it for her as she lives quite close to me.

When I called over to her, I was confronted with a front "lawn" that was three to four feet high. I'd brought down a normal garden strimmer and hover mower as I'd expected the grass to be no more than a few inches high. Luckily I also had a hand shears with me so I attacked the garden with these. Two hours later, I strimmed the odd few tufts and then went over it with the highest blade setting on the mower.

That was about a week ago, and I went down last night to collect all the cuttings and get rid of them for her. The grass has turned completely brown now although there are a lot of green shoots coming through.

I'm looking for any advice on what my next step should be - I don't want it to grow too high before I cut it again, but don't want to cut it again while it's still mainly brown.

Thanks in advance, Boardsies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭standardg60

Just keep cutting it at the highest blade setting which will allow it to regrow and green up.
    You can then gradually lower the height to keep it more neat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Yep.
    Just mow it regularly and it will be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I don't worry about grass really. It's like a cockroach. Indestructible. Maybe it needs watering. But it'll never die.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Thanks folks! I suppose this means I've got a regular voluntary job for myself now!

Advertisement