Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree recommendations

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭karlitob

looksee wrote: »
    It looks like the Robinia Pseudoacacia that I was recommending on another thread https://futureforests.ie/products/robinia-pseudoacacia-frisia

Thank you so much. I think that’s the one. It’s a fairly nice tree!

Prunus serulata Amanogawa - it's a columnar cherry blossom.
    It grows up to 7m high but only 2m wide. Great blossoms in spring and good autumn color in October.

Acer platanoides 'Globosum' - sold top grafted on a 2.2m clear stem. Lovely compact tree with year-round interest, including autumn color and winter architecture. Maximum height 5m; maximum spread 4m, but can be maintained to preference.

I love the Prunus Amanogowa. Another Prunus I'm considering is the Prunus Shirotae. Just not sure if it will be tall enough for where I want to put a tree. Looking for something that will go to about 6metres tall

Is anyone able to identify this tree? It has some little white flowers on it at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Looks like a cherry of some type.

Is anyone able to identify this tree? It has some little white flowers on it at the moment

Think it's a Prunus x subhirtella 'Autumnalis ...so yes it's a type of cherry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

"I love the Prunus Amanogowa. Another Prunus I'm considering is the Prunus Shirotae. Just not sure if it will be tall enough for where I want to put a tree. Looking for something that will go to about 6metres tall"

For a very small garden Amanogowa has my vote. I have one now nearly 40 yrs and same small footprint. It is now about 15 ft tall... a beautiful sight in spring.

Advertisement