Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in portarlington

Options
  • 02-07-2019 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone

I'm thinking of moving to Portarlington. Its just me, mid 30's and i work in Dublin. I'm looking to buy and can't afford dublin.

What is Portarlington like and some one said stay the right side of the river???

Thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

LOL its debatable which side of the river is the right side.

'Port' is grand, its very much a commuter town these days, with the train station and easy access to the motorway.

Not much happening during the week, but the weekend is alright... but youll travel out of the town for most entertainment ie cinema, nightclub, good restaurants etc

where are you thinking of buying? its would be easier advise of re the different developments.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bingo76

I live just outside Port (in Killenard) but the town itself seems grand. The station is great. In and out of Dublin in 45 mins every day on a decent train service (for the naysayers, try rail services in the UK :) ) Only negative is the last train can be a bit on the early side (10.10pm) meaning post-work drinks / nights out have a reasonably early curfew.

Town seems to be on the up with some new restaurants, new Costa etc.

Looked at Athy, Kildare, Newbridge and Monasterevin and while the furthest out, Port seemed to offer the most in terms of value/facilities/environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

SATSUMA wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I'm thinking of moving to Portarlington. Its just me, mid 30's and i work in Dublin. I'm looking to buy and can't afford dublin.

What is Portarlington like and some one said stay the right side of the river???

Thanks

I'd check with the agents about the flood zone areas. 2017 had large areas flooded and the prognosis is for more such weather occurrences in the future.

Advertisement