Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which store do the best steaks

Options
  • 02-07-2019 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

I'm talking about those vacuum packed ones ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

Aldi fillets are better than Lidl fillets IME

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I've had great steaks from both Dunnes and Lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I don't think any store can be consistently superb at steaks. There's so many different ways a steak can be deemed good or bad that I find it best to just look at steaks in every place I'm in & if they look good, I buy them.
    Age of animal/breed/stress/feeding/time of year etc are all going to impact on texture & flavour.
    Nice deep red, well marbled & not too firm in the pack is what I look for. Lidl's Hereford ribeyes tend to be the ones I buy the most, so probably most consistent to my tastes. Have heard a lot of people here saying Aldi's black box packs (Angus?) are superb too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Shop;)

Aldi steaks are consistently great ime

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Aldi consistently for me.
    I don't bother getting steaks out in restaurants anymore as I know I can have just as good at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I really like the steaks in Aldi, but you have to be careful. They have a habit of putting the better of the two steaks in the window in the packaging and hiding some odd misshapen one where you can't easily see it. The meat itself is usually pretty high quality, the butchering of it less so.

Advertisement