Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idles - Iveagh Gardens

Options
  • 02-07-2019 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭

Who's going? Their Glasto set looked mental and they have Rolling Blackouts coastal fever supporting them, who are my new favourite band. Not to mention the Claque, nice to get a look at them before Alltogethernow. All in all, promises to be a great day out. I've never had a bad gig in the Iveagh Gardens.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm going but I don't think they playing ATN? I don't see them on the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I'm going but I don't think they playing ATN? I don't see them on the lineup.
    The Claque, who are also supporting Idles, are playing ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Stillill42 wrote: »
    The Claque, who are also supporting Idles, are playing ATN.

Sorry, only half read your OP. I didnt realise there were 2 supporting bands. A buddy of mine is going for Rolling Blackouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Fook it, just bought myself and my 15 year old daughter (who is a massive fan) tickets. This will be my 4th time seeing them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I'm primarily there for Rolling Blackouts coastal fever. Hope Downs is the best debut album I've heard in years and the EPs are great too. Have to say though, the more I listen to Idles, the better they get. Their lyrics are full of surprises. My 10 year old has Danny Nedelko off by heart. Belting that one out with him in the front seat beats the **** out of Dermot Kennedy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I'm in!!

Can't wait...I'd say it will be mental!!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

going, fontaines would have been the perfect support act for this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

quaidox wrote: »
    going, fontaines would have been the perfect support act for this...

Was thinking that as well! Would have been ideal

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say Fontaines will probably do their own Iveagh Gardens show next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Think there was already a thread for this. I'm going, it'll be my sixth time seeing them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

Anyone know the stage times for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

whiterob81 wrote: »
    Anyone know the stage times for this?

Seems quite late for idles to be starting. Is there a curfew?
    STAGE TIMES // LOW TICKET WARNING! @idlesband return to Dublin tomorrow & this time their taking their explosive show outdoors! Please note the stage times for Iveagh Gardens:

7pm @theclaqueband
    8pm @rollingbcf
    9.15pm IDLES
    *subject to change*

TIX: https://t.co/GqUfHPumJf
    🖀 https://t.co/X4j18gYdMy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

rafi bomb wrote: »

They only play for about an hour and 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

Hopefully based on those stage times Rolling Blackouts will be given a good 45 minute set, they've been on the bill since the gig was announced. Really looking forward to them, very slick and summery debut album, and by all accounts they're great live.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

rafi bomb wrote: »
    I believe there is an outdoor finish time of 10:30 for all outdoor events in Dublin. Not sure if it's just Dublin or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

You're in for a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I missed out on London tix for December. Back in Dublin a week too late to make it to this. Gutted.

They are an outstanding live act. Also, always a wonderful crowd at their gigs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Gasherbraun

They are an outstanding live act. Also, always a wonderful crowd at their gigs :)

The AF Gang follow them everywhere fanatically and as you say they are a good bunch of people. A lot of them are in Dublin for this and meeting at Bruxelles I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Weather is looking fine, can't wait for this now!

• Advertisement

The AF Gang follow them everywhere fanatically and as you say they are a good bunch of people. A lot of them are in Dublin for this and meeting at Bruxelles I think.

If you can, hook up with the AF gang. Great fun. I have my 15 year old daughter with me so I need to be civilised :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Where is the gig entrance to Iveagh Gardens. I’ve tried googling and can’t find a location map.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Lumbo wrote: »
    Where is the gig entrance to Iveagh Gardens. I’ve tried googling and can’t find a location map.

Clonmel St off Harcourt St.. Across-ish from diceys

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Never been here before. The weather may be skewing my opinion but lovely venue

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Perfect weather, lovely venue and everybody seems sound. Unusual for an outdoor gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Loved that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

cian68 wrote: »
    Loved that

Very very good. Great crowd and the band seemed to feed off that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Wow, what a gig.

Great music, energy and showmanship They can play a crowd and also the crowd were great.

Also, when I arrived Lee Kiernan & Joe Talbot were standing amongst the crowd to watch the support acts. Signed loads of autographs and posed for pictures. Unreal.

c52ebcde9a0a67531acf3adb1f871b77-full.jpg

There I am with them, no laughing. Joe was so humble and even thanked me for coming. They really appreciate their fans. Great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

Fantastic gig,
    Gig of the year so far for me, will be hard to beat.
    Really enjoyed the claque too got me all excited about seeing girl band in November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

What a gig!
    Was in the mosh pit for a lot of it. Really good-natured crowd. Idles really gave it socks. I love the way Talbot keeps himself psyched up.
    The only cringey part of the night was when the people they dragged up on stage started recording themselves. Can’t anyone just experience things any more?
    Very impressed by RCBF. Another excellent live band.
    Wasn’t in on time for the Claque.

Advertisement