Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Calina wrote: »
    I feel the need to answer this a little further.

Both FT and Politico.eu have Brussels focused newsletters. RTE have a weekly round up from Brussels early on a Saturday, business as usual. I think it is TV - I don't live in Ireland any more so I cannot comment on it.

News out of Brussels can be extensive, even without Brexit. Most MEPs have twitter accounts, and I think all the Commissioners do. This info is not hard to find. I suppose the question I would ask is whether you know what equivalents are available at member state level. A lot of people don't.

In Irish terms, a couple of RTE journalists have done a great job on Brexit. But Brexit aside, media in Ireland is desperate on European coverage, not just of European politics but general events like weather issues or random stuff like (thank you Finland) air guitar championships. I have complex views about this, radio playing European pop music, and general lack of interest.

Parliamentary debates in the UK are on hansard btw and both Dail and UKP debates and committees are live streamed. I had a list of links for all this stuff somewhere for those members where I understand the lingo. I used google to find them. YMMV.

It is more articles direct from the commission or parliament sites. Government sites rather than media. Showing the results of votes and who voted for what etc. I presume this is public information but I wasn't sure of a direct link.

I had a look on the site linked by a different poster above (not euro news lol) and there does seem to be lots of information there but is awkward to navigate.
    Thanks though

That the best you can do Blueshoe? Pathetic.

Yeah grand. Euro news.

We'll leave it there. Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Yeah grand. Euro news.

Typical enough response. Bury the head. Carry on. It's you that will be constantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

It is more articles direct from the commission or parliament sites. Government sites rather than media. Showing the results of votes and who voted for what etc. I presume this is public information but I wasn't sure of a direct link.

I had a look on the site linked by a different poster above (not euro news lol) and there does seem to be lots of information there but is awkward to navigate.
    Thanks though

If I were left with one impression it is that you are not aware of the scale of the question you asked. Media provide part navigation.

I second euronews website btw although I dont like their morning TV programme. It is one of my start up pages. I didnt provide the Commission's page as I saw someone else had provided it. They live stream press briefings daily iirc.

Calina wrote: »
    If I were left with one impression it is that you are not aware of the scale of the question you asked. Media provide part navigation.

I second euronews website btw although I dont like their morning TV programme. It is one of my start up pages. I didnt provide the Commission's page as I saw someone else had provided it. They live stream press briefings daily iirc.

I read a report previously about current migration trends and possible future trends from Africa into the EU.
    Basically the report was an eye opener. The media barely skim the subject and don't report thruthfully.
    People have no idea what may come.

That's why it's better to go directly to source if possible

• Advertisement

I read a report previously about current migration trends and possible future trends from Africa into the EU.
    Basically the report was an eye opener. The media barely skim the subject and don't report thruthfully.
    People have no idea what may come.

That's why it's better to go directly to source if possible

What did you read? And how did the media not report it truthfully...can you link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

janfebmar wrote: »
    Behave ourselves by increasing our national debt from 50 billion to 200 billion ? Wait until they put up interest rates again
    Which they will, at a time to suit themselves.

Oh sweet jeebus. That pile of crap again..

And what was the alternative ?

We borrowed about 60 billion for the banks. after paybacks etc it works out at about 46 billion. OK what about the other 100 billion we borrowed for day to day spending, just to keep the doors open ?

Anything on the second part of the question?

Nah the report is linked like you asked. No point in debating it with you if you haven't read it. You won't know what is true or not.

You are neither informed or misinformed.

What's relevant starts on page 17. Start there

• Advertisement

Nah the report is linked like you asked. No point in debating it with you if you haven't read it. You won't know what is true or not.

:confused::confused: you want to debate the 'report'?

You said it wasn't reported truthfully...can you prove that or not? Jesus christ...don't make statements if you don't want to debate or back them up. That's the second time you have done the teenager on a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Yeah grand. Euro news.

Typical enough response. Bury the head. Carry on. It's you that will be constantly surprised.
    Francie you need to get down and dirty when arguing with some of the West brits, dont be bordering with facts and the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Francie you need to get down and dirty when arguing with some of the West brits, dont be bordering with facts and the truth

:rolleyes:

That the best you can do Blueshoe? Pathetic.

Yeah grand. Euro news.

Its fairly obvious what papers you read or get read for you mate

:rolleyes:
    Another west brit

Another west brit

Jaysis Declan would you ever give it up?

Another west brit

Jaysis Declan would you ever give it up?
    Aaah NO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

It is obvious which one you grew up with anyway. Do you miss it?

I don't get that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Add him to your ignore I’ve no idea why he isn’t banned I reported him a few times.

• Advertisement

Another west brit

No no no

An ACTUAL brit,

Surprising your using the word "mate" all the time though, you sound like a wannabe scouser.

MadYaker wrote: »

Add him to your ignore I’ve no idea why he isn’t banned I reported him a few times.
    I think he needs to go home

Another west brit

No no no

An ACTUAL brit,

Surprising your using the word "mate" all the time though, you sound like a wannabe scouser.
    We need to take back control of our borders

When did you lose them?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Just read Harris in the Indo what does he want Coveney to do leave the EU so as to keep the Dup happy he quotes a statistic but never mentions most people voted to stay in Europe in the North a very strange man

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

The yokes I had up controlling my herbaceous borders fell apart so I got some sleepers. Working a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

'Growth' isn't everything. China has had strong growth for the last few decades but not many would choose to live in China over Europe. 'But low growth' is often just another inflatable sword people use to try to stab the EU.

We need to be looking at a post-growth societies anyway, or at least economic models that don't depend on limitless growth which is destroying the planet.

Wow.

Cold.

Bannasidhe wrote: »

The yokes I had up controlling my herbaceous borders fell apart so I got some sleepers. Working a treat.
    I guess a blow to the head of a brit with a sleeper would do the job

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Lol

We'll try to keep bodies to a minimum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

Charming. As someone else said, it is surprising you are not banned, as they said they reported you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement