Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I didn't think it was that bad! Interesting insight into Irish history!

I have to admit I like Peig.
    Thought it was funny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

I'm trying to reply to the poster who put up the tweet.
    404 error coming up.

Anyway, what is BBC Qt? Is it question time?

Hard to believe that stat. I was watching some BBC politics program this morning and they had that Owen Jones lad on it giving out stink.

Qt must be something different.

Edit: one Google search and there are people saying it's a remain bias programme. Lol.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/04/10/its-official-question-time-is-a-remainer-stronghold/

"The results for 2017 are striking: the Question Time panel featured 128 Remainers and 67 Leavers. This is a big imbalance compared to the make-up of the nation, which voted 52 to 48 per cent in favour to Leave. Only two of that year’s 39 episodes featured more Leavers than Remainers. Two episodes featured no Leavers at all."

"In 2018, the imbalance was worse. There were 131 Remainers and just 64 Leavers. Only one episode in 2018 featured a majority of Leavers on the panel. One episode featured no Leavers at all. The number of episodes with only one Leaver also increased compared to 2017.

Between 2017 and 2019, Question Time has featured 303 Remainers and 152 Leavers, a bias of almost exactly two to one."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Blueshoe wrote: »
    404 error coming up.

Hard to believe that stat. I was watching some BBC politics program this morning and they had that Owen Jones lad on it giving out stink.

Edit: one Google search and there are people saying it's a remain bias programme. Lol.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/04/10/its-official-question-time-is-a-remainer-stronghold/

"The results for 2017 are striking: the Question Time panel featured 128 Remainers and 67 Leavers. This is a big imbalance compared to the make-up of the nation, which voted 52 to 48 per cent in favour to Leave. Only two of that year’s 39 episodes featured more Leavers than Remainers. Two episodes featured no Leavers at all."

"In 2018, the imbalance was worse. There were 131 Remainers and just 64 Leavers. Only one episode in 2018 featured a majority of Leavers on the panel. One episode featured no Leavers at all. The number of episodes with only one Leaver also increased compared to 2017.

Between 2017 and 2019, Question Time has featured 303 Remainers and 152 Leavers, a bias of almost exactly two to one."

That’s woefully untrue.

But the beeb are being loudly accused of biase by both sides so in truth they probably aren’t.

That’s woefully untrue.

But the beeb are being loudly accused of biase by both sides so in truth they probably aren’t.

That has been the case for every single political discussion for as long as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

That’s woefully untrue.

Indeed it really depends on the show your watching tbh, i was simply pointing out that BBC being accused of bias in one direction is ridiculous, and thought the claim that farage is never on it was hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

404 error coming up.

Farage has been on QT more times than anybody else. anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

404 error coming up.

LOL spiked online is owned by the Koch foundation, not even gonna click the link in case i accidentally give them ad revenue

Is it really???

You need better sources blueshoe

Is it really???

You need better sources blueshoe

I clicked the first one I saw. Hard to know what's what.
    George Soros gave a fortune to best for Britain. A stop brexit group.
    There is always someone in the background it seems.

Il try again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

The scare mongering is absolutely unreal, cop on to yourselves! Look, this is what is going to happen. The UK will leave at the end of October. There will be some BS in the news for a few weeks about food/medicine shortages, traffic jams etc. Trade deals will be negotiated and the UK will be fine. End of. They are leaving the EU not the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,177 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Errr the Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA) is a London-based, influential, right-wing think tank....so pretty much the definition of biased.

yeah, a fierce unbiased lot.
    David Davis, Steve Baker and Lord Callanan, ministers at the Department for Exiting the European Union (DExEU) at the time, all recorded meetings with the IEA in the first three months of 2018.[16] The Observer reported on 29 July 2018 that the director of the IEA was secretly recorded in May and June telling an undercover reporter that funders could get to know ministers on first-name terms and that his organisation was in "the Brexit influencing game". While seeking funding, Littlewood said that the IEA allowed donors to affect the "salience" of reports and to shape "substantial content".

The scare mongering is absolutely unreal, cop on to yourselves! Look, this is what is going to happen. The UK will leave at the end of October. There will be some BS in the news for a few weeks about food/medicine shortages, traffic jams etc. Trade deals will be negotiated and the UK will be fine. End of. They are leaving the EU not the planet.

and how long will it take these trade deals to be negotiated and what happens until they are? If you can answer those questions you know more than the british government.

Oh. That's all I got. Google let me down

• Registered Users Posts: 33,177 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

yeah, a fierce unbiased lot.
    Scarily biased despite that very fancy name
    https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Institute_of_Economic_Affairs

The fact they are registered as a "charity" is also bizarre...then again Iona....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It will still take up to two years to uncouple them. Trade deals take a long while. There's plenty to read here on the impacts. There may be better sources but I've chosen it as it is a very compact list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brexit#Impacts

• Registered Users Posts: 23,774 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Statement from Boris Johnson at 6pm - expected to say that if some Tories vote against the government there will be a UK general erection.

Change the grammar of the WA
    Call election
    Dump DUP
    Border in the sea /NI only backstop
    WA sails through parliament
    brexit delivered

The end of the beginning. At least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Change the grammar of the WA
    Call election
    Dump DUP
    Border in the sea /NI only backstop
    WA sails through parliament
    brexit delivered

The end of the beginning. At least.

Do you think one party will win the election, it's going to be another hung parliament surely?

• Advertisement

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Do you think one party will win the election, it's going to be another hung parliament surely?

Nah it’ll be a coalition most likely. No matter who wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Nah it’ll be a coalition most likely. No matter who wins.

A coalition of who though? Tories and Labour are will never work together and even if they did, they're fundamentally split on what kind of Brexit they want. Whilst the LibDems have declared themselves a remain party.

A coalition of who though? Tories and Labour are will never work together and even if they did, they're fundamentally split on what kind of Brexit they want. Whilst the LibDems have declared themselves a remain party.

Tories BP DUP. or Labour lib dems SNP on the other side

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Johnson is counting on pro-Brexit candidates hitting Labour in the north of England.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Sounds like there is a huge crowd outside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

and how long will it take these trade deals to be negotiated

Not near as long as the scare mongering would have you think

and what happens until they are?

From the outside observer, it will be pretty much business as usual. There are a tonne of contingency plans drawn up. Is there going to be a famine in the UK because they left a club?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Well, that was a speech about nothing.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,257 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

More threats and bluster and make Britain great again nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,396 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Tory-Brexit party. Brexit party likely to take votes from Torys and labour. So the Brexit party could pick up a few seats in the north east, Sunderland, Gateshead, Co Durham. And then the Torys Get them back in a coalition. If Brexit goes through, the Brexit party gets subsumed Into the Tory party with a foothold in labour strongholds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Are people disregarding the polls?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement