Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

The rest of the just want it done at this stage. The UK has become a basket case, not unlike the posts that you've been making. It's unfortunate that Ireland will be caught up in it, but TBH I just want it done now too. There's too much lunacy come from the uk side and it needs a root and stem approach now.

And Ireland will build a border if necessary.....we're not some rogue state.....
    Leo can’t build a children’s hospital .

Leo could build a photo shoot border and sweet fook all else:eek:

gmisk wrote: »
    Do you know what...at this stage...just go...you literally cannot spell democracy never mind understand it.

Enjoy
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Yellowhammer
    Well done spell checker;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 69,257 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

downcow wrote: »
    The ulster unionists layed out what seemed like a solution the other day. I'll ttry to find the radio link. I felt it was all very reasonable.

In short (and i don't do it justice)
    No border checks
    It is illegal to transport goods across border without correct paperwork etc - therefore a crime - therefore people doing it are prosicuted heavly as deterrent
    EU & Ire keep saying they need backstop as an insurance - so UK simply provide the insurance i.e. if goods arrive in the EU through the UK then UK pays compensation (thats what insurance is) and could be vice versa. That will motivate authorities to ensure it doesn't happen.

....But i know it is silly coming up with solutions as the border issue is Irelands insurance about keeping UK in a customs arrangement with them - a red herring

In short, it was 'trust us, we are British'.

Getting little traction. Deservedly. UUP are having severe difficulty trying to be relevant.

Drink a shot every time blinding says 26 counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'd be locked by lunchtime.

• Advertisement

One for every County and why leave out the 6 .:D

blinding wrote: »
    The Eu does not seem interested in negotiations . They do not seem in any way concerned about the 26 Counties . Very worrying times .

The 'negotiating' is over. If the UK come up with alternatives 'as promised' then they can be re-opened.

It's very simple really. Honest and concise statements on this have been repeatedly stated by the EU since the deal was agreed.
    A deal that has not yet been formally rejected by those who 'wish to leave'. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,177 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I'd be locked by lunchtime.
    It really wouldnt take that long....a quick look...6 shots in an hour :D which is ironic....

The 'negotiating' is over. If the UK come up with alternatives 'as promised' then they can be re-opened.

It's very simple really. Honest and concise statements on this have been repeatedly stated by the EU since the deal was agreed.
    A deal that has not yet been formally rejected by those who 'wish to leave'. :rolleyes:
    No Deal is the way to go . Then everyone knows where they stand .

No Deal is the way to go . Then everyone knows where they stand .

If they can 'democratically' achieve that...so be it.

• Advertisement

If they can 'democratically' achieve that...so be it.
    Thats why Boris wants a General election and its why re-moaners are gone in to hiding under duvets /rocks / etc today with regard to a General election .:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I suppose nobody believed that the Eu would play so fast and lose with the interests of the 26 Counties .

It’s hard to believe that the Eu cares so little about the 26 Counties . Its as if its of no importance to them .

This is delusional nonsense.

Thats why Boris wants a General election and its why re-moaners are gone in to hiding under duvets /rocks / etc today with regard to a General election .:D

We will know if Boris wants a GE if he asks for one.

We currently have no certainty whatsoever what Boris actually wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,177 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

He is clearly in a lose lose situation....if he speaks out he will be told by BJ/DUP etc to stay out of it....

I am not a huge Leo Varadkar fan but he has handled things as well as he could have been expected to RE this.

Also why the hell are you so obsessed with Leo being on his knees....

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If you're basing your info on Ian O'D then no wonder all you can do is throw cheap derogatory insults! :rolleyes:

There shouldn't be a peep out of us about Brexit plans until we know what shape the Brexit is going to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There shouldn't be a peep out of us about Brexit plans until we know what shape the Brexit is going to take.
    One part of that puzzle should be clearer by Friday or is it just a different puzzle?

I suppose the Eu has him tied up and locked away somewhere . Its not as if he could actually be trusted to run the 26 Counties .

I suppose the Eu has him tied up and locked away somewhere . Its not as if he could actually be trusted to run the 26 Counties .

He was interviewed about the current positions as recently as yesterday. You are just behaving like a child now.

• Advertisement

He was interviewed about the current positions as recently as yesterday. You are just behaving like a child now.
    Temporary release . He must have a sun bed where they have him stashed . He was blinking in the daylight !

He had that untanned area around the eyes . Anyway so long as he is preparing for the photo shoots :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Control your excitement, blinding. The correct explanation is much less titillating. Varadkar is observing Napoleon's advice never to interrupt an opponent while he is in the process of making a mistake.

Peregrinus wrote: »
    Control your excitement, blinding. The correct explanation is much less titillating. Varadkar is observing Napoleon's advice never to interrupt an opponent while he is in the process of making a mistake.
    The 26 Counties had better hope that Leo is a lucky General:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

What can we say? So far he's played a blinder, which is more than can be said for any of the shower running the misbegotten Brexit project.

The history books will record how hard Brexiters worked to destroy Brexit.

Peregrinus wrote: »

The history books will record how hard Brexiters worked to destroy Brexit.

...and the UK itself. I think it is in an unrecoverable position now. It's tearing itself apart in front of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

BBC live feed on Parliament the soap.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-politics-49557734

@10.36 looks at possible outcomes, each one progressively worse!
    Firstly he could table a motion of no confidence in his own government to trigger an election. This avenue only requires a simple majority but there is still no guarantee it would get the required support.

Secondly, Mr Johnson could simply sit on the no-deal legislation passed in the Commons to prevent it from gaining royal assent and becoming law. However, MPs would almost certainly take him to court over this and seek a judicial review, which they would most likely win.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

First of all it is Coveney and not Leo who has served us to the most parts in this process and secondly, Britain will be fine whatever the outcome. It's the 5th biggest economy in the world.

All i will say however is that a GE is a cert for next month

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

The BBC had rise of the Nazis as part of its TV schedule.
    Project fear going until the end

FBritain will be fine whatever the outcome. It's the 5th biggest economy in the world.
    No it's not!!!:rolleyes:
    How many times does this need to be repeated? :confused:
    They were fifth.
    Then in an act of complete stupidity, held a vote to leave the largest trading bloc in the world, then spent three years arguing internally while the world looked on bemused. During that period they fell to seventh. Give it a bit more time and they'll most likely fall further!

• Advertisement

Britain will be fine whatever the outcome. It's the 5th biggest economy in the world.
    No it's not!!!:rolleyes:
    How many times does this need to be repeated? :confused:
    They were fifth.
    Then in an act of complete stupidity, held a vote to leave the largest trading bloc in the world, then spent three years arguing internally while the world looked on bemused. During that period they fell to seventh. Give it a bit more time and they'll most likely fall further!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement