Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭maccored

blinding wrote: »
    The Eu will of course want a deal that will be good for the 26 Counties . It would never sacrifice the 26 Counties to prove the Eu is dressed in the Finest Garb .:eek::eek:

hang on - you're saying its up to the EU - who wont give a deal - then saying of course they are going to give a deal.

i think you have the same problem the British have - not seeing reality

• Registered Users Posts: 41,081 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

One for every County and why leave out the 6 .:D

Do you have some bull sh1t bingo cards there to pick out what you can put in each post?

26 Counties CHECK
    Remoaners CHECK
    Bye Bye EU CHECK
    Dig at Leo V CHECK
    Crap about the EU in a state if undress CHECK
    No hard border CHECK
    The EU can find an acceptable BJ deal CHECK

Any other other drivel on your bull shīt bingo cards?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

So in an effort to 'win' the debate here we have two posters continually doing the juvenile taunting stuff.

Excellent argument guys.

There is no winning the debate. We are just wasting time going back and forth about something we have no control or say in.

This isn't question time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

So in an effort to 'win' the debate here we have two posters continually doing the juvenile taunting stuff.

Excellent argument guys.
    Leo is a pretty juvenile Taoiseach .

maccored wrote: »
    hang on - you're saying its up to the EU - who wont give a deal - then saying of course they are going to give a deal.

i think you have the same problem the British have - not seeing reality
    I am saying the Eu can do a deal acceptable to Boris Johnson’s government if it so pleases .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭quokula

Blueshoe wrote: »
    The UK is much more important to the European economy than Ireland.
    Size matters!!

Birmingham is much more important to Ireland than Cork. Size matters.

Do you realise the ridiculousness of that statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,257 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I am saying the Eu can do a deal acceptable to Boris Johnson’s government if it so pleases .

But it wouldn't be to us, because of the removal of the backstop, that Boris requires.

And despite what you think, we are the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,809 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Oh lord why are we still feeding the trolls.

But it wouldn't be to us, because of the removal of the backstop, that Boris requires.

And despite what you think, we are the EU.
    Leo will do as instructed by the Eu .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

You haven't a clue. Your link - which you obviously didn't bother reading - is indeed a well researched theoretical proposition. However, rather than claiming the EU will suffer an immediate 18% drop in GDP, it actually states verbatim:

The UK's national level of Brexit exposure is 12.2 per cent of UK GDP and 11.3 per cent of UK labour income. In contrast, the rest of EU in aggregate face an exposure to Brexit, which is only 2.64 per cent of their combined GDP and 2.62 per cent of their combined labour income. In other words, the Brexit trade‐related exposure of the UK economy is 4.6 times greater than that of the rest of the EU.

To reiterate. You haven't a clue.

• Advertisement

Leo will do as instructed by the Eu .

It is very clear that for 3 years the rest of the EU are doing what we are telling them to do on the backstop.

We convinced them of that and our negotiators Verhofstadt and Barnier are acting as per the instructions.

The EU will not abandon that position unless WE get the assurances or practical alternatives required.

Over to you Boris.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,985 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Leo:eek:

You have nothing then.

Seems to me that the EU is doing what Leo tells them vis-a-vis the backstop.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

You have nothing then.

Seems to me that the EU is doing what Leo tells them vis-a-vis the backstop.
    Leo jumps for the Eu . Monkey not the Organ grinder .

Leo is a pretty juvenile Taoiseach .

CHECK

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,985 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Prove it, please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

CHECK - what do I win for a full house?

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

What’s the story with the mods in this forum? I’ve seen multiple threads getting derailed by trolls lately.

Prove it, please.
    Leo’s political career as Taoiseach . Its how he swings as Taoiseach .

MadYaker wrote: »
    What’s the story with the mods in this forum? I’ve seen multiple threads getting derailed by trolls lately.
    Calling for Mummy and Daddy .

I suppose when you hide under the skirt-tails of the Eu you are not really fit to fight your own battles .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

quokula wrote: »
    Birmingham is much more important to Ireland than Cork. Size matters

.....said the chambermaid to the Bishop ! FNARR FNARR !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Since there’s no mods I guess we can just post whatever we want? Maybe I should post a link to this thread on 8chan or somewhere like that?

Leo’s political career as Taoiseach . Its how he swings as Taoiseach .

For the third time, please back up your claim instead of just dodging the question.

quokula wrote: »
    Birmingham is much more important to Ireland than Cork. Size matters.

Do you realise the ridiculousness of that statement?

Rethink that again.

Size of the economy

For the third time, please back up your claim instead of just dodging the question.

No word on the link I provided you?

And after you asking for it

You haven't a clue. Your link - which you obviously didn't bother reading - is indeed a well researched theoretical proposition. However, rather than claiming the EU will suffer an immediate 18% drop in GDP, it actually states verbatim:

The UK's national level of Brexit exposure is 12.2 per cent of UK GDP and 11.3 per cent of UK labour income. In contrast, the rest of EU in aggregate face an exposure to Brexit, which is only 2.64 per cent of their combined GDP and 2.62 per cent of their combined labour income. In other words, the Brexit trade‐related exposure of the UK economy is 4.6 times greater than that of the rest of the EU.

To reiterate. You haven't a clue.

Blueshoe has already demonstrated how under-informed he is. Had to be taken by the hand to sources.

Leo is an Eu stooge . He is hanging about waiting for either a big Eu / Bank job . If either became available now Leo would be off on that gravy train like a shot .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Not sure how anyone can differentiate between a troll and a genuine brexiteer. Neither is interested in facts, in debate or in reason. Both are equally obnoxious, ignorant and infuriatingly intent on causing havoc to satisfy their own small minded agenda

Leo is an Eu stooge . He is hanging about waiting for either a big Eu / Bank job . If either became available now Leo would be off on that gravy train like a shot .

I think we have outed the full comedic value from any Irexit campaign.

Well played blinding.

No word on the link I provided you?

And after you asking for it

What link?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Thread is gone to ****e

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement