Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

janfebmar wrote: »
    Think how different things could be if SF did not shun democracy and took their seats in parliament.

This keeps getting trotted out EXCEPT they don't shun democracy, they have a mandate of abstention from their electorate. The nationalists, of NI, only need elect SDLP candidates should they want anything else.

I agree that things would have been so much easier had they been there BUT had they been the party which pushed through a NI only backstop, over the DUP, there would have literally been war.
    This needs to come from the London parties (and Scots)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

My favorite description of Mogg comes from James o Brien.
    Calls him a ‘Haunted Pencil’ and a ‘Dickensian cosplay enthusiast’.

Brilliant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

This keeps getting trotted out EXCEPT they don't shun democracy, they have a mandate of abstention from their electorate. The nationalists, of NI, only need elect SDLP candidates should they want anything else.

I agree that things would have been so much easier had they been there BUT had they been the party which pushed through a NI only backstop, over the DUP, there would have literally been war.
    This needs to come from the London parties (and Scots)

We know what your mandate would be anyway looking at your previous posts

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Entitled arrogant pr1ck

I always suspected he slept in those double breasted suits. They seem very important to him.

SF turning up would be entirely pointless.
    No party and no mp would vote alongside them. On any issue but especially not in such an important one as this.

Their presence would be utterly pointless and the British would lose their minds if they did, SFIRA interfering in British democracy.
    Even though they have a right to as elected MPs. That would be forgotten in the uproar though.

• Advertisement

SF turning up would be entirely pointless.
    No party and no mp would vote alongside them. On any issue but especially not in such an important one as this.

Their presence would be utterly pointless and the British would lose their minds if they did, SFIRA interfering in British democracy.
    Even though they have a right to as elected MPs. That would be forgotten in the uproar though.

That wasn't my point

That wasn't my point

I know. I was just saying. It’s something the SF haters always seems to be ignorant of when they trot out their ‘sf won’t take Their seats’ nonsense.

Shows an ignorance of the British Parliament too if not a broader ignorance of British politics and history between the islands.

I'm genuinely curious, what would it be?

I'm genuinely curious, what would it be?

A United Ireland no doubt

• Advertisement

A United Ireland no doubt

And what post history would make you think that I am all for that (outside of an aspirational view that long term it could benefit the economy of All Ireland)

The GFA clearly states that it has to be the will of the majority of the population on NI (and personally I think it should be a super majority of 60% to avoid the nonsense we are seeing now)

So based on your analysis of past history, what Political Party would I support?

That wasn't my point

Well what is your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Enough of the Moggy hate, he's a class act

No he is an act of class, and it's inherent entitlement.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Moggy is the worst example of humanity. He's trying to push an entire country under the bus in order to make himself wealthier.

He's absolute scum and should be hanging in Trafalgar square, not relaxing in Westminster. He provides nothing of value to this planet and creates only misery and division.

And what post history would make you think that I am all for that (outside of an aspirational view that long term it could benefit the economy of All Ireland)

The GFA clearly states that it has to be the will of the majority of the population on NI (and personally I think it should be a super majority of 60% to avoid the nonsense we are seeing now)

So based on your analysis of past history, what Political Party would I support?

There is a vibe of nastiness from some of your posts on this thread. One about JRM springs to mind.

Political Party i'd say FF or SF

And for a United Ireland............No thanks, we couldn't afford the fcukers anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 69,257 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mogg and Boris were made irrelevant last night and will have the reins taken off them today.

Sleep tight Jacob.

There is a vibe of nastiness from some of your posts on this thread. One about JRM springs to mind.

Please do provide evidence of this... I'm interested now.
    Moggy has showed disdain for his office, the speaker, MPs, and the house (never mind the country!) so I doubt he's worried about a meme
    Oh dear god, do go again chum
    And for a United Ireland............No thanks, we couldn't afford the fcukers anyway
    We easily could actually, based on any financial analysis I've seen.
    Socially, would it be a good idea? That is where the focus should be, as an IoI economy would be greater that the sum of it's parts.

United ireland was spoken about last night in the debacle. I mean debate.
    Now this.

https://twitter.com/bethrigby/status/1169165861237723137?s=21

Moggy has showed disdain for his office, the speaker, MPs, and the house (never mind the country!) so I doubt he's worried about a meme

Socially, would it be a good idea? That is where the focus should be, as an IoI economy would be greater that the sum of it's parts.

Arrogant entitled pr!ck i think it what what you refferred to him as.

Political Party, i actually couldn't care less

We could afford them? Ye sure. We can't properly finance our own HSE, How do you think we'd manage trying to fund a NHS style system. Norn Iron is a loss maker so i'm happy enough keeping them where they are

• Advertisement

...and there isn't a 'vibe' of nastiness off your last sentence?

It's almost Moggsian in the breath of it's generalisation of real people. Have a 'lie down' there Stevie.

...and there isn't a 'vibe' of nastiness off your last sentence?

It's almost Moggsian in the breath of it's generalisation of real people. Have a 'lie down' there Stevie.

Term of endearment...........

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

We have enough to do without at the same time trying to bring warring tribes together after centuries of hatred. Let NI reach its own conclusions about where its interests best lie. (I have no idea where that is by the way.) When they've worked that out among themselves they can let the rest of us know.

Term of endearment...........

Caught out, more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Political Party, i actually couldn't care less

We could afford them? Ye sure. We can't properly finance our own HSE, How do you think we'd manage trying to fund a NHS style system. Norn Iron is a loss maker so i'm happy enough keeping them where they are

He is an arrogant, entitled prick though.

First Up wrote: »
    We have enough to do without at the same time trying to bring warring tribes together after centuries of hatred. Let NI reach its own conclusions about where its interests best lie. (I have no idea where that is by the way.) When they've worked that out among themselves they can let the rest of us know.

Thing about that is we only here about the very vocal extremes. The vast majority of people up there are sick of both extremes and would vote for a ui as a forward pragmatic way out of the disastrous outcomes of Brexit hit hard.

You have to convince everyone here in Ireland though. And happily can point to us being a forward thinking people. We’re up for social reform. I’d say a UI ref would pass comfortably here.

You said posts not singular, please provide?
    And his behaviour, last night, was reprehensible.

You also stated that I have an obvious bias about NI, and would actually love to see evidence of this.

First Up wrote: »

But this is exactly what I said, let them have a clear majority in favour of Unification. That is the core tenet of the GFA, self determination through peaceful means by the people of NI (and subsequently Ireland also)

He is an arrogant, entitled prick though.

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Mogg is pretty much regularly nasty and stuck up without cause.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement