Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blinding wrote: »
    Its early days in the Eu Empire . Sure didn’t some Irish Invite the English here back in the Day .

Empires are not Empires at the beginning. Thought out Human History when Some Humans become too Powerful they form Empires .

Why would the Eu be any different .

The handing out of the Eu Plum Jobs has the feel / look of Baronies been handed out by Royalty / Empires .

Except that we knew going in that that was how the jobs would be allocated. We elect our reps to go there on our behalf and they took a full part in the process of appointing these officials.
    Of course it is going to have the 'feel' 'look' of a conspiracy if your starting point is that it is all a conspiracy. Look at the process properly and realise that it is the accepted way(and probably the only way - imagine the chaos, if the entire EU population voted on it :rolleyes:) of doing this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Except that we knew going in that that was how the jobs would be allocated. We elect our reps to go there on our behalf and they took a full part in the process of appointing these officials.
    Of course it is going to have the 'feel' 'look' of a conspiracy if your starting point is that it is all a conspiracy. Look at the process properly and realise that it is the accepted way(and probably the only way - imagine the chaos, if the entire EU population voted on it :rolleyes:) of doing this.
    Ah now come on it was an awful Shambles . The Travellers would make a better Job of Picking the King / Queen of the Tinkers .

Angela had to get some dodgy one that she wanted rid of to come in and do the Job .

Sure LeGarde was up for Fraud !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Yeh, I get your comparison...the nasty EU marching into countries, annexing them, suppressing the natives, stealing their resources and wealth, subjugating women based on some biblical nonsense, covering up wholesale abuse etc etc.

Would you ever have a titter of wit. :rolleyes:

Making them vote again, ignoring referendum results and bringing things in through the backdoor, austerity, threatening countries over migrant quotas .... What a bastion of democracy, you might want to hand in your part time republican card..

Making them vote again, ignoring referendum results and bringing things in through the backdoor, austerity, threatening countries over migrant quotas .... What a bastion of democracy, you might want to hand in your part time republican card..

:) Have you not got owned on these points often enough ArchX?

Nobody ever MADE me vote, never mind vote again. Maybe you are easily led...is that the problem?

Ah now come on it was an awful Shambles . The Travellers would make a better Job of Picking the King / Queen of the Tinkers .

Angela had to get some dodgy one that she wanted rid of to come in and do the Job .

Sure LeGarde was up for Fraud !

The process happening as it was meant to, is a shambles? :confused:

• Advertisement

:) Have you not got owned on these points often enough ArchX?

Nobody ever MADE me vote, never mind vote again. Maybe you are easily led...is that the problem?

Nope, you're just churning out the official EU/Irish government turn of events to suit your narrative, I can remember that period of time quite clearly and the different things that went on, it was around that time I took a real interest in the EU and what it was about.. And I don't like what I see

Quick question for you Francie or any of the other EU supporters here, would be happy seeing Ireland as just a state in a united States of Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Quick question for you Francie or any of the other EU supporters here, would be happy seeing Ireland as just a state in a united States of Europe?

That's a nonsensical question.
    You're probably going to argue that that is what the EU is.
    What does that mean?

We have national independence while are still part of a collective by which we've benefitted massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Well define what that looks like. Are you talking about a federal system identical to the US or something like what we have now which is nothing like that?

It was a laughing stock . The Eu Parliament has been handed One Candidate .

The German wan that was a useless defence minister :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

It was a laughing stock . The eu Parliament has been handed One Candidate .

Prime minister in UK will be elected by less than 200k people, most of them over 60. Is that democracy you are looking for?

Leo does as his Eu Masters direct .

One thing I've noticed as I'm sure many others here have is how the EU let's our own politicians to be even more unaccountable just like the bureaucrats themselves "oh the EU said we have to do it" "oh that was the EU"

Well worth a read.

https://jacobinmag.com/2019/05/european-union-parliament-elections-antidemocratic/

we not only have to deal with laws and regulations at a national and local level but now on a European level

Nope, you're just churning out the official EU/Irish government turn of events to suit your narrative, I can remember that period of time quite clearly and the different things that went on, it was around that time I took a real interest in the EU and what it was about.. And I don't like what I see

So then you can show us how we were MADE to vote again?
    Were you taken to the booth at gunpoint?

That's a nonsensical question.
    You're probably going to argue that that is what the EU is.
    What does that mean?

We have national independence while are still part of a collective by which we've benefitted massively.

Obviously you don't pay too much attention to the rumblings in Brussels...

Infact our new "appointed" EU commissioner Ursula Von whatever her name is(anyone ever heard of her?!? I know I haven't..) is repeatedly calling for a united States of Europe... Hmm I smell a rat

meeeeh wrote: »
    Prime minister in UK will be elected by less than 200k people, most of them over 60. Is that democracy you are looking for?
    Sure Leo did not Even Face the Fine Gael Membership !

Also the British Parliament can Vote against The Conservative Leader !

Who Voted for Merkel's useless Defence Minister ?

It was a laughing stock . The Eu Parliament has been handed One Candidate .

If a majority do not want her in the job, they STILL have the opportunity to vote against her.
    You do know how democracy works?

So then you can show us how we were MADE to vote again?
    Were you taken to the booth at gunpoint?

I think it was pretty obvious when Cowen said our vote would be respected on national television only to summoned I front of the EU and questioned why we weren't good little Europeans.. and then we had Sarkozy "the Irish must vote again" and was on a plane to Dublin within a week.... And looks like Ol Sarkozy was right... We did have to vote again.. Imagine that.. A French politician telling the sovereign Irish people they would have to vote again... A fcuking disgrace

Infact our new "appointed" EU commissioner Ursula Von whatever her name is(anyone ever heard of her?!? I know I haven't..) is repeatedly calling for a united States of Europe... Hmm I smell a rat

But you 'have studied the EU' and you have never heard of her? :)

I think it was pretty obvious when Cowen said our vote would be respected on national television and then we had Sarkozy "the Irish must vote again" and was on a plabe to Dublin within a week.... And looks like Sarkozy was right... We did have to vote again.. Imagine that.. A French politician telling the sovereign Irish people they would have to vote again... A fcuking disgrace
    Remember Sarkozy patting Enda like a lapdog:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

How the f*ck do you know what she is repeatedly calling for if you've never heard of her?

You're embarrassing yourself here.

• Advertisement

I think it was pretty obvious when Cowen said our vote would be respected on national television and then we had Sarkozy "the Irish must vote again" and was on a plabe to Dublin within a week.... And looks like Sarkozy was right... We did have to vote again.. Imagine that.. A French politician telling the sovereign Irish people they would have to vote again... A fcuking disgrace

:) Sarkozy has always been a vociferous opponent of our corporate tax system...how's he doing 'dictating' what happens to that??

You could go through every EU leader ever and find them saying dictatorial things about how other countries should behave.

Take the conspiracy glasses off and look at what really happened.

Not many people outside of Germany have ever heard of her, in fact it's a bit of a surprise nomination, a close ally of Merkel(surprise surprise)

Merkel must have had her in her hand bag :eek:

She was a useless defence Minister In Germany , Dodgy Contracts and all:eek:

Fuhrer Merkel decrees that this failed politician gets this Job and the Lapdogs say Yeah Wohl !

:) Sarkozy has always been a vociferous opponent of our corporate tax system...how's he doing 'dictating' what happens to that??

You could go through every EU leader ever and find them saying dictatorial things about how other countries should behave.

Take the conspiracy glasses off and look at what really happened.

So Sarkozy didn't arrive into Dublin within the week? It was obvious were this was headed... Back to the booths

Merkel must have had her in her hand bag :eek:

She was a useless defence Minister In Germany , Dodgy Contracts and all:eek:

Fuhrer Merkel decrees that this failed politician gets this Job and the Lapdogs say Yeah Wohl !

Europe is full of 'useless' politicians. We send our fair share of them.

And the juvenile Little Englander Hitler comaprison gets used on an Irish website....brilliant. Ann Widdicombe would be so proud.

How the f*ck do you know what she is repeatedly calling for if you've never heard of her?

You're embarrassing yourself here.

Because I've read about her in the last few days and what she's about, which I'm sure a lot of people have.. you're embarrassing yourself by nit picking stupid sH! T to try prove some point whatever it is..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Sure Leo did not Even Face the Fine Gael Membership !

Also the British Parliament can Vote against The Conservative Leader !

Who Voted for Merkel's useless Defence Minister ?
    European Parliament will have to vote. She is only a candidate.

A little bit of reading to do before you can be taken seriously.
    https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/european-council/role-nominations-appointment/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

So Sarkozy didn't arrive into Dublin within the week? It was obvious were this was headed... Back to the booths

you ignored my question. What would a united states of Europe look like and how are we progressing towards it?

Diplomat wishes to make a case, visits country shocker.

Wow, huge conspiracy uncovered there ArchX, anything else, pics of Cowen being pistol whipped? :)

• Advertisement

Europe is full of 'useless' politicians. We send our fair share of them.
    So even You agree the Eu is full of Useless Politicians .:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement