Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

The brits want to leave the EU but haven't the bottle to do it, I think that makes them the cowards

at this point it more seems that theres a considerable section of politicians trying to carry out the democratic will of the people and there are contrarians who will flip flop all over the place hoping that the entire thing will just be scrapped.
    The Brits should have a look at how people in Hong Kong do things, get out on the streets, never mind tapping ur keyboards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

davedanon wrote: »
    Pathetic stuff.

Party member?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I like him. He knows what he wants and doesn't hide . He's a real life patriot.

Doesn't mean I agree with his view but we could do with someone like him here.

Varadkar and co are a pathetic bunch of cowards

Is that you Jonathan?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

so considering the last vote, lets say for example now, EU says no to an extension, no deal in place, but thats now 'illegal' or whatever. How does that go down ?

As far as I understand it, if the EU refuse any extension, they crash out on oct 29th. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49580500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Blueshoe wrote:
    Party member?

No. Relevance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

as I said contratians for the sake of hoping to avoid brexit : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXlB48cVk4Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

The brits want to leave the EU but haven't the bottle to do it, I think that makes them the cowards
    Some of them are.

Its a finely balanced Battle Royale between the cowards and the lions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

NI and scotland would never get anyone elected ever again.

This coming from a nation that continuously puts FG and FF back into power?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I genuinely think the UK is not able to leave the EU.

Society is too divided.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,271 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Society is too divided.

Stop chuntering from a sedentary position! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

The Brits should have a look at how people in Hong Kong do things, get out on the streets, never mind tapping ur keyboards

The Brits wouldn't go as easy as the Chinese, if there were protest of that nature and violence in the UK there would be dead bodies in the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

The people in Hong Kong want Britain back there-have`nt you seen all the British Hong Kong flags?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Society is too divided.
    An election would give a better idea of the current situation, and might sort it out.
    Some say such big decisions should need a majority of 55 or 60%, and if that were the case they would certainly proceed more smoothly.
    But that has its own problems ie a majority being held back by a minority, possibly for years or even decades.
    The NI border poll will be similarly divided fairly evenly, when it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

The Brits wouldn't go as easy as the Chinese, if there were protest of that nature and violence in the UK there would be dead bodies in the streets.

We didn't have dead bodies when all the looting took place, so doubtful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

We didn't have dead bodies when all the looting took place, so doubtful

Was in London that night, totally different to a mass political movement to stop the functioning of the state. That night was a load of kids on Bikes in multiple locations robbing bikes and runners.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Post brexit immigration policy:

Immigration scheme set up for EU citizens going to the UK in event of no-deal Brexit https://jrnl.ie/4796119

It's actually sensible. Not a free for all like the current situation but not restrictive either.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Post brexit immigration policy:

Immigration scheme set up for EU citizens going to the UK in event of no-deal Brexit https://jrnl.ie/4796119

It's actually sensible. Not a free for all like the current situation but not restrictive either.

sounds good, rules on criminality and skills based migration, an excellent step.

Naomi Long letting Arlene know what is ahead for her:

https://twitter.com/naomi_long/status/1169014137898373122

Naomi Long letting Arlene know what is ahead for her:

https://twitter.com/naomi_long/status/1169014137898373122
    Arlene has played all her cars, there's a bus coming in her direction now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Boris taking another beating.

• Advertisement

davedanon wrote: »
    Boris taking another beating.
    Boris is even money to be the shortest serving pm in history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Is it a one way bus back to the mainland for the loyal dupper luppers.

boggerman1 wrote: »

Is it a one way bus back to the mainland for the loyal dupper luppers.
    I don't think she will be on it but she will come in contact with it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,153 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'll make a bold prediction we will be here this time 12 months still debating brexit.

rob316 wrote: »
    I'll make a bold prediction we will be here this time 12 months still debating brexit.
    I hope so it's great craic, hopfully nige gets elected as well

this could be clever enough, as some users pointed out earlier, the EU might extend for a deal, less likely to extend now. This result effectively removes a second referendum and an election off the table, they can't really bring it up now. If the EU doesn't extend then the deadline holds and borris can put in the minimum of effort to hurtle britain towards a Halloween departure.

rob316 wrote: »

A lot of uneducated, ill-informed people think that it is over once this 'simple' bit gets done. When it finally is, there is still a lot of Brexit talking to be done.

No deal... For now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

What a joke shop parliament has become. Conspiring to prevent democracy is as low as it gets.

• Advertisement

Depaffel has actually snookered himself by shuting down parliament, he needs to sack Cummings
    In his game of chicken with the EU it turns out he was on the wrong road
    The writers of dad's army couldn't have made it up
    Its brilliant

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement