Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

I'm starting to think you actually believe what you say too which is amazing. The EU is a tin pot club which isn't anywhere near as close or as strong as you think.

A good deal stronger than Blighty.

UK is bar far the strongest military in the Eurozone, a permanent member of the security council,

The security council seat is from the days when the U.K. was a power. There are other EU countries in the security zone like France. France is the biggest army in the EU, and the U.K. isn’t in the eurozone.

home of THE global financial capital

All going to go post Brexit, like Rees Moog’s companies.
    and has full support as we have seen of Washington and the majority of its own people.

A few tweets from trump isn’t support and I doubt that the majority in the U.K. are pro no deal.
    This is about to turn full circle and it would be wise to expect it and not keep bleeping about some club of 27 as it it is unified.

The disunited kingdom is more likely to break up than the rest of the EU. Scottish independence polling at 50-50

• Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Hard Brexit one day nearer .
    I cant help thinking either jonson has pulled a master stroke or is indeed insane

• Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Hard Brexit one day nearer .
    I cant help thinking either jonson has pulled a master stroke or is indeed insane

• Registered Users Posts: 19,904 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Also any support from Trump is because he wants a weak Europe, he sees a strong EU as an economic threat to US.

America First.

Unless Crypto thinks maybe the US is afraid of the UK military might?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

The liar in chief has spoken
    Be afraid

Taoiseach says 'perhaps not all the same brands' will be on supermarket shelves after no-deal Brexit https://jrnl.ie/4797789

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Be afraid

Taoiseach says 'perhaps not all the same brands' will be on supermarket shelves after no-deal Brexit https://jrnl.ie/4797789

How is this Varadkers fault?

Sure M&S distribution is all in the UK. Even Irish products sold in Irish M&S are shipped to the UK first.
    If they leave then things will undoubtedly change.

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    How is this Varadkers fault?

Who said it's his fault?
    He's just a liar in general. Not a nice guy

Who said it's his fault?

I thought it was implied by your liar in chief comment.
    I think he's playing a blinder.

I thought it was implied by your liar in chief comment.
    I think he's playing a blinder.

I think he is just hoping for the best. It's out of his hands.

Nice EU job at the end of it all for him if he keeps quiet. He's still a young man. Career driven too. He'll go far. Even further. He's done well for himself already. This is just a stepping stone to bigger things.

I've got an idea, the t Brits could shoot their way out of the EU

Again with the mystery "t" before the word Brits.
    Is it a repeating typo or is it some kind of code?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Who said it's his fault?

U ok hun?

Nice EU job at the end of it all for him if he keeps quiet. He's still a young man. Career driven too. He'll go far. Even further. He's done well for himself already. This is just a stepping stone to bigger things.

Pretty much.

He took the high ground early on and just repeated the mantra that the border needs to be solved for anything to progress.
    Consistency is key when the Brits change tack every week with some new harebrained scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Be afraid

What do you expect when products that come from Britain are no longer subject to EU quality controls and such. It's not Leo's fault the UK is currently run by a clown, a spiteful drunk and a victorian cosplay enthusiast to be fair who are intent on wrecking their country because they want easy money on the backs of their own peoples misery.

Pretty much.

He took the high ground early on and just repeated the mantra that the border needs to be solved for anything to progress.
    Consistency is key when the Brits change tack every week with some new harebrained scheme.

I agree. He can't change. The EU doesn't want him to change mantra either. He probably has some cards in his jacket pocket prepared by the Eu. Learn them, repeat them and say nothing else.
    Good Leo

Infini wrote: »
    What do you expect when products that come from Britain are no longer subject to EU quality controls and such. It's not Leo's fault the UK is currently run by a clown, a spiteful drunk and a victorian cosplay enthusiast to be fair who are intent on wrecking their country because they want easy money on the backs of their own peoples misery.

It should have went to some sort of vote or referendum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

A good deal stronger than Blighty.

The security council seat is from the days when the U.K. was a power. There are other EU countries in the security zone like France. France is the biggest army in the EU, and the U.K. isn’t in the eurozone.

All going to go post Brexit, like Rees Moog’s companies.

A few tweets from trump isn’t support and I doubt that the majority in the U.K. are pro no deal.

The disunited kingdom is more likely to break up than the rest of the EU. Scottish independence polling at 50-50

France is a tin pot military, bad intelligence, aging and sub standard equipment, little operational theatres open and they have not amounted to much previously either.

the rest of your responses are not worth a response

It was always about the job but it won't be as high of a role that he thinks it will be. He won't be a household name in the role offered.

France is a tin pot military, bad intelligence, aging and sub standard equipment, little operational theatres open and they have not amounted to much previously either.

the rest of your responses are not worth a response

Because you have no answers and no proof for anything you say.

Because you have no answers and no proof for anything you say.

You should spend some time learning international affairs and military details

You should spend some time learning international affairs and military details

I literally have a million better things to do than that.

Sure maybe I'll just play along with your ranting.

• Advertisement

It was always about the job but it won't be as high of a role that he thinks it will be. He won't be a household name in the role offered.

It's more status and money. That's all that counts.

It's more status and money. That's all that counts.

Pretty much why most workers in the country get up every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Be afraid

We will survive without pork pies

Pretty much why most workers in the country get up every morning.

Exactly. Politicians are no different. Who wouldn't love the power that goes with it. And the cash and pension.

Leo or any before or after him don't really give a fück about the common person. Power and ego

• Registered Users Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Also any support from Trump is because he wants a weak Europe, he sees a strong EU as an economic threat to US.

That overplays things to fit an agenda.

Ten years ago, the Eurozone was the same size as the U.S. economy.

Now it it 55% of the U.S. economy and worse fundamentals.

The only risk of the Eurozone economy is that it stutters along or falls back in to crisis, that is a global threat.

America doesn't view the EU as a threat bar it keeping its economic performance going and take the global economy down.

I've got an idea, the t Brits could shoot their way out of the EU

Again with the mystery "t" before the word Brits.
    Is it a repeating typo or is it some kind of code?
    Its code

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

When are the Irish government going to tell us how bad this will be

The night before?

Course not. A couple months after, when they finally figure it all out.

kenmc wrote: »

More iodine tablets in the post is my guess. You'll have to pay for them this time though

Exactly. Politicians are no different. Who wouldn't love the power that goes with it. And the cash and pension.

Leo or any before or after him don't really give a fück about the common person. Power and ego

Yep, just like everyone else.
    Why would you expect anything different?
    kenmc wrote: »

I'm sure they can look into their crystal ball and predict the future.

• Advertisement

The t brits are lucky that they will be doing a trade deal with the US while trump is president, it's always America second in any negotiations.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement