Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Yep, just like everyone else.
    Why would you expect anything different?

I don't. Hence why I called varadkar a liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Yep, just like everyone else.
    Why would you expect anything different?

I don't. Hence why I called varadkar a liar.
    He has the t brits over a barrell mate

• Registered Users Posts: 19,419 ✭✭✭✭road_high

The liar in chief has spoken
    Be afraid

Taoiseach says 'perhaps not all the same brands' will be on supermarket shelves after no-deal Brexit https://jrnl.ie/4797789

Be no harm at all if Irish retailers would stop being so lazy and give us some choice like more goods from the continent- always amazed when I go to a German, French Dutch or Spanish supermarket on holidays the array of great stuff you can get but virtually unsold here. Because we are so drowned in Uk centric stuff

Strange thing to say

• Registered Users Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

road_high wrote: »
    Be no harm at all if Irish retailers would stop being so lazy and give us some choice like more goods from the continent- always amazed when I go to a German, French Dutch or Spanish supermarket on holidays the array of great stuff you can get but virtually unsold here. Because we are so drowned in Uk centric stuff

It is almost as if we are off their coast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,419 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Danzy wrote: »
    It is almost as if we are off their coast.

And goes back to colonial times- they imported food ingredients from all over the empire, processed them into high value goods and sold back to the colonies for a profit.

The t brits are lucky that they will be doing a trade deal with the US while trump is president, it's always America second in any negotiations.

It hasn't been though.

Hate Trump, I could care less if you shot him but he has unwound the global free market in trade in a way Bernie Sanders never could hope for.

His leaving the ultra Thatcherism EU/U.S. deal and the Tpp trade deal are the first blows neoliberalism have had in 40 years.

And goes back to colonial times- they imported food ingredients from all over the empire, processed them into high value goods and sold back to the colonies for a profit.

They did but proximity explains the trade.

Strange thing to say
    And ye don't like it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Why truck stuff from Germany when it can be trucked from Manchester in half the time.

It all costs money.

• Advertisement

The t brits are lucky that they will be doing a trade deal with the US while trump is president, it's always America second in any negotiations.

It hasn't been though.

Hate Trump, I could care less if you shot him but he has unwound the global free market in trade in a way Bernie Sanders never could hope for.

His leaving the ultra Thatcherism EU/U.S. deal and the Tpp trade deal are the first blows neoliberalism have had in 40 years.
    Trumps new slogan is 'brits first'

The liar in chief has spoken
    Be afraid

Taoiseach says 'perhaps not all the same brands' will be on supermarket shelves after no-deal Brexit https://jrnl.ie/4797789

Can't wait to see the back of 'made in gb' crap

And ye don't like it

Who is "ye" ?

And ye don't like it

Who is "ye" ?
    Google it

Maybe but the idea the U.S. want the EU to fail is foolish.

They look at its economic performance and wonder if it will take the global economy down.

They look at its economic performance and wonder if it will take the global economy down.
    After a hard brexit the UK will power the world economy forword
    I can't figure out why ye didn't leave when ur people voted to leave, it's not like ye have a tin pot government

I can't figure out why ye didn't leave when ur people voted to leave, it's not like ye have a tin pot government

No they won't but they'll still avoid the cluster **** economy of the Eurozone, which is all down to the way the Euro is organized.

That problem remains regardless of Brexit.

Jesus lad put down the yfg badge for a sec and be objective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Substitute 'Trump' for 'the U.S.' Is it so foolish now?

I don't know where you get your figures from. The EU economy 55% of the USA?
    That's nonsense. The latest figures say that US GDP is $20.5 trillion, and the EU $18.8 trillion.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,512 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Why truck stuff from Germany when it can be trucked from Manchester in half the time.

It all costs money.
      Lord bless your innocence, what do you imagine they are still producing in Manchester that a supermarket might want to sell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Bargain bin Oasis CDs?

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

davedanon wrote: »
      Bargain bin Oasis CDs?

Would the CDs themselves not be manufactured in Austria, though? Sony shut down their UK CD manufacturing plant last year, I believe...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

biko wrote: »
      Reminds me of this historic image,the Irish Guards
      Irish-Guards-remain-at-attention-after-one-guardsman-faints-in-L.jpg

You would expect that in these circumstances their colleagues would actually help them. Poor.

No they won't but they'll still avoid the cluster **** economy of the Eurozone, which is all down to the way the Euro is organized.

That problem remains regardless of Brexit.

Jesus lad put down the yfg badge for a sec and be objective.
      What's the problem regarding brexit

Refreshing to see Chris O'Dowd is having a Brenda Fricker moment and isn't varnishing the truth despite the commercial success of his series depending upon a British audience.

Chris O’Dowd: ‘The idea that the British government won’t f*** us over is laughable’
      “It seems oddly fitting to the people of Ireland,” he says finally, “that Brexit is coming down to the backstop. The suggestion that the British government is making – that they won’t f*** us over – is laughable. That’s what they have done for 800 years. People growing up in Britain won’t have much sense of that. Their history books don’t really dwell on the depraved way Britain has treated its closest neighbour. What do I think will happen? Irish prosperity and peace are going to be completely usurped by Westminster. Again.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

Refreshing to see Chris O'Dowd is having a Brenda Fricker moment and isn't varnishing the truth despite the commercial success of his series depending upon a British audience.

Chris O’Dowd: ‘The idea that the British government won’t f*** us over is laughable’

If that happened I'm sure he would speak up and stop taking all the money he makes there in protest

If that happened I'm sure he would speak up and stop taking all the money he makes there in protest
      He obviously would speak up, since he is speaking up right now, and it hasn't even happened yet.

As for not taking all the money he makes over there, I'm not sure why you think that would be an appropriate or effective protest.I can think of lots of more productive things that he could do. (Like speaking up, for one.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

Hence why I called varadkar a liar.

He is the blue shirt b****** that will put up a hard border in Ireland, as the EU masters tell him to.

davedanon wrote: »
      Substitute 'Trump' for 'the U.S.' Is it so foolish now?

I don't know where you get your figures from. The EU economy 55% of the USA?
      That's nonsense. The latest figures say that US GDP is $20.5 trillion, and the EU $18.8 trillion.

You misread my post.

I said the Eurozone.

The figures still stand and they remain a shocking black mark on the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Peregrinus wrote: »
      He obviously would speak up, since he is speaking up right now, and it hasn't even happened yet.

As for not taking all the money he makes over there, I'm not sure why you think that would be an appropriate or effective protest.I can think of lots of more productive things that he could do. (Like speaking up, for one.)

Indeed, I can think of 'taking their money' as being one of the more delightful (and profitable) ways of showing protest. :D

• Advertisement

janfebmar wrote: »
      He is the blue shirt b****** that will put up a hard border in Ireland, as the EU masters tell him to.
      It is the British who are putting up a hard border in Ireland, and don't let your Brexiter masters tell you otherwise.

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement