Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Anti-democratic to hold another referendum apparently, yet they try to implement a procedure to prevent the democratically elected politicians from delivering the democratic result of the people. Ludicrous and Brexiteers are pathetic.

It seems to me even less likely that Brexit will even happen at this stage as it shows how selfish, thoughtless and ignorant those leading it actually are, ensuring even less support for a Hard Brexit. If a Hard Brexit can be stopped, it will. Therefore, Boris Johnson fails to deliver Brexit and an election or referendum needs to be held.

As expected, moving closer to this whole Brexit fiasco ending. The Brexiteers have had their 15 minutes, the only question now is when the new referendum is held asking (1) deal or (2) no Brexit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I don't think things will end well for BoJo, Cummings and JRM, I would actually fear for their safety if things keep going downhill for them at the rapid speed it is now.

I never thought I'd see the day when the once so mighty British governments leaders became so openly despised by the public, reduced to essentially slagging the opposition and trying to troll them into having an election.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Your comment is confusing confused.png

If they get the election they are asking for, they will win with a huge majority of the public vote. If you disagree with me, then tell me why the opposition dont want an election please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

I don't think things will end well for BoJo, Cummings and JRM, I would actually fear for their safety if things keep going downhill for them at the rapid speed it is now.

I never thought I'd see the day when the once so mighty British governments leaders became so openly despised by the public, reduced to essentially slagging the opposition and trying to troll them into having an election.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

If they get the election they are asking for, they will win with a huge majority of the public vote. If you disagree with me, then tell me why the opposition dont want an election please.
    Nobody trusts Johnson,like May he is perfidious and if a general election is agreed he will lie and cheat to drag the UK out of the EU without a deal-he's living on borrowed time as PM imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

He's weeks into his premiership, give him a bloody chance, these are very unique times.

Eh, he called an election. The pussies who will definitely loose said election are stopping it, for the first time in history by the way

Eh, no, he was not forced to lead a minority government, he took the whip away from those traitors by choice.

Nope, wrong again. There are a number of avenues that he can still go down. It is harder but far from impossible. Did you think the remoaners would make it easy for him to carry out his mandate?

You've just rewritten my post and agreed with my points.

He has no support, no government and no mandate. A total lame duck PM.

Even Theresa May, after her stunning defeat in the election was still able to form a government with the poison chalice DUP.

BoJo can't even do that. Total failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The opposition don't want an election..........

Yet.

Boris will either have to get his well padded arse over to Brussels and ask for the extension he vowed never to do, resign, or break the law by ignoring the will of parliament.

They painted themselves into rather blue corner it would seem. The Tory rebels were their curve ball and no mistake.

You have been posting delusional waffle on this thread for long enough now that I find it quite literally unbelievable that you didn't know the answer to your own question already tbh.

• Advertisement

RobMc59 wrote: »
    Nobody trusts Johnson,like May he is perfidious and if a general election is agreed he will lie and cheat to drag the UK out of the EU without a deal-he's living on borrowed time as PM imo.

The people who will vote for him, who will be the majority, will trust him to deliver Brexit by the 31st of October. He is doing EXACTLY what he said he would do - deliver Brexit. How is it dishonest to do exactly what you say you are going to do?

I am hearing nothing but lies from the remain side, food/medicine/oil shortages. None of which will happen. If you want to talk about lies and false campaigning, lets talk about the leave side

• Registered Users Posts: 8 KingNobit

Yeah the EU has problems that need reform...but it was the EU that asked for all the extensions...how was it the EU stalling

The people who will vote for him, who will be the majority, will trust him to deliver Brexit by the 31st of October. He is doing EXACTLY what he said he would do - deliver Brexit. How is it dishonest to do exactly what you say you are going to do?

I am hearing nothing but lies from the remain side, food/medicine/oil shortages. None of which will happen. If you want to talk about lies and false campaigning, lets talk about the leave side

Is he?

Not a hope of the UK leaving in Oct. unless the EU reject their extension application

The opposition don't want an election..........Yet.

I asked why they didn't want an election, you have not answered my question.

• Advertisement

Is he?

He is certainly trying. If Teresa May had the tenacity of Boris, they would be long out of the EU

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Not a hope of the UK leaving in Oct. unless the EU reject their extension application

It is very possible that he will not have to ask for an extension. That is just fake news, educate yourself

He is certainly trying. If Teresa May had the tenacity of Boris, they would be long out of the EU

And as Gino D'Acampo says, "If my Grandmother had wheels she would have been a bike ...
    It is very possible that he will not have to ask for an extension. That is just fake news, educate yourself

It's not fake news, it's news.
    The only way Brexit happens this october is with the deal Theresa May agreed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,590 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Fake news, followed by educate yourself! Fcuking hell!

I'm pretty sure I did, it was contained in the piece of text you decided to cut.

If my bitch had balls it would be a dog.

Boris is a lame duck, I think literally the worst British Prime minister not just in living memory, but in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

The opposition don't want an election..........Yet.

They want an election. In November. Because it is after 31 October. As you keep howling that Johnson will achieve Brexit by 31 Oct, you can surely see the sense in getting Brexit done and dusted first. It is only prudent.

There is absolutely no need to have that election before 31 October as it would distract Dominic Cummings from what must be his primary objective, Brexit. The Labour party and 21 Tory rebels understand this and are protecting Brexit. The only way you could possibly object to this heroism is if you had any doubt at all about Brexit happening on 31 October.

A true blue Brexit supporter would trust Johnson, and prioritise Brexit over election campaigning.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,288 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You know what is going to happen after Brexit with supply lines and you know that the people will elect Boris. :)

Lotto numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Is he?

Doris is no nearer than she was to leaving, no balls its embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 69,288 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I'm pretty sure I did, it was contained in the piece of text you decided to cut.

Boris is a lame duck, I think literally the worst British Prime minister not just in living memory, but in history.

If Theresa May had tried to crash them out without a deal, parliament (the exact same one as this) would have stopped her too.

Ah look im wasting my time with you. He is there a couple of months and your saying that. At least give him some time. He inherited the biggest mess any PM ever had to deal with. Judge him after he leaves office (which will be further away than you think)

• Advertisement

Ah look im wasting my time with you. He is there a couple of months and your saying that. At least give him some time. He inherited the biggest mess any PM ever had to deal with. Judge him after he leaves office (which will be further away than you think)

I ll judge him now, he's a fool, like all the other brexiteers

The opposition don't want an election..........

Yet

Boris will either have to get his well padded arse over to Brussels and ask for the extension he vowed never to do, resign, or break the law by ignoring the will of parliament.

They painted themselves into rather blue corner it would seem. The Tory rebels were their curve ball and no mistake.

You have been posting delusional waffle on this thread for long enough now that I find it quite literally unbelievable that you didn't know the answer to your own question already tbh.

They dont want an election because they will lose. It is 100% guaranteed that Boris is going to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I ll judge him now, he's a fool, like all the other brexiteers

Are the 17 million+ who voted for it fools?

Are the 17 million+ who voted for it fools?

Ask them now, if they want to continue with it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

What would happen if Britain blockaded the Ireland-Britain-Mainland landbridge?

If Theresa May had tried to crash them out without a deal, parliament (the exact same one as this) would have stopped her too.

She had all the avenues available to her that Boris is exploring now. Why didnt she do more? She did not try her best to leave. She wanted to remain and is a traitor

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Ask them now, if they want to continue with it

The PM is trying to ask them, the leave side is currently blocking the people from having a say

The PM is trying to ask them, the leave side is currently blocking the people from having a say

Boris doesn't give a ****e about the people

• Advertisement

Doris is no nearer than she was to leaving, no balls its embarrassing

She literally has no balls, he literally has balls. She is a pussey, she cried on her own doorstep, a grown adult ffs. The EU laughed at her or used her as a puppet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement