Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Boris doesn't give a ****e about the people

Oh yes, he is carrying out the mandate the people gave him, but yeah, he doesnt care

• Registered Users Posts: 29,591 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

She literally has no balls, he literally has balls. She is a pussey, she cried on her own doorstep, a grown adult ffs. The EU laughed at her or used her as a puppet

What age are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,296 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

She had all the avenues available to her that Boris is exploring now. Why didnt she do more? She did not try her best to leave. She wanted to remain and is a traitor

Boris is exploring his navel. Full stop.

May did far far more than Boris has done...she got a deal. Boris is lying through his teeth that he is negotiating...if you vote for him or the UK does in ebough numbers to elect him...then. quite honestly they are welcome to him and IMO pass from having my sympathies over the predicament they are in to BRING IT ON.
    Only isolation will sort the UK out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Oh yes, he is carrying out the mandate the people gave him, but yeah, he doesnt care

Boris has done nothing and cannot do anything.

He has been completely hamstrung by the opposition and his own party.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,419 ✭✭✭✭road_high

She literally has no balls, he literally has balls. She is a pussey, she cried on her own doorstep, a grown adult ffs. The EU laughed at her or used her as a puppet

Brexiters having more meltdowns- still blaming T May because the children Can’t have what they want and the realization sinking in that dim BoJo ain’t the man to deliver it (or anything else for that matter). Very entertaining few days ahead as they lose the plot even more

• Advertisement

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Boris has done nothing and cannot do anything.

He has been completely hamstrung by the opposition and his own party.

In less than a week of active parliament he has effectively been neutered.

Has the great British public come on to the streets in anger about that?
    No, they have come onto the streets because of his cynical attempt to bypass parliament and neuter parliament.

He is a lame duck PM...and possibly the shortest ever serving one. He has lost more votes in his tenure already than Gordon Brown did in 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

They dont want an election because they will lose. It is 100% guaranteed that Boris is going to win.

They don't want an election yet.....

Three times now.

I don't blame them either, because also as already mentioned they've a chance to absolutely humiliate BoJo with the extension he vowed never to ask for.

This is basic stuff.

May did far far more than Boris has done...she got a deal. Boris is lying through his teeth that he is negotiating...if you vote for him or the UK does in ebough numbers to elect him...then. quite honestly they are welcome to him and IMO pass from having my sympathies over the predicament they are in to BRING IT ON.

May got a crap deal that parliament rejected many times. Boris has said that he wants a deal. He needs "no deal" to be on the table to use as a bargaining chip. The EU does not want no deal, Boris does not want it either. Remember, Boris is open to having a deal, as has been pointed out by many people here on Boards, he supported Teresa Mays deal in the end. I believe the EU would have made concessions and the deal would have passed through parliament before 31st October. With the mess that the remoaners have created now, it is more likely that Boris and the Brexit party will form a majority in the election and leave without a deal. Farage has said he will only support the conservatives if they are making a clean break. Well guess what, the conservatives need the Brexit party so they will have to offer them that clean break. Keep in mind, any bills that passed preventing a no deal Brexit can be legally torn up by the next administration. The bill that passed yesterday will not be worth the paper it is printed on after the election.

To summarize, Boris wanted a better deal, he was using no deal as a bargaining chip, parliament took that from him and now a no deal Brexit is inevitable.

May got a crap deal that parliament rejected many times. Boris has said that he wants a deal. He needs "no deal" to be on the table to use as a bargaining chip. The EU does not want no deal, Boris does not want it either. Remember, Boris is open to having a deal, as has been pointed out by many people here on Boards, he supported Teresa Mays deal in the end. I believe the EU would have made concessions and the deal would have passed through parliament before 31st October. With the mess that the remoaners have created now, it is more likely that Boris and the Brexit party will form a majority in the election and leave without a deal. Farage has said he will only support the conservatives if they are making a clean break. Well guess what, the conservatives need the Brexit party so they will have to offer them that clean break. Keep in mind, any bills that passed preventing a no deal Brexit can be legally torn up by the next administration. The bill that passed yesterday will not be worth the paper it is printed on after the election.

To summarize, Boris wanted a better deal, he was using no deal as a bargaining chip, parliament took that from him and now a no deal Brexit is inevitable.

The EU was only hardening it's position on the deal. Boris or nobody else is getting a 'better' one.

He couldn't even learn from his most recent predecessor - do NOT set redlines and he is now neutered. Big bloody deal if he has to ask for an extension.

But no, Boris tried to bully parliament...bully the EU and is a busted flush.

They don't want an election yet.....

Three times now.

That still does not answer my question but I dont care, I have already answered it for you. If they have their guarantee and agree to an election they will still lose. And the guarantee will be worthless after the election anyway. The truth that you are trying desperately to avoid is that they dont want an election because they WILL lose.

because also as already mentioned they've a chance to absolutely humiliate BoJo with the extension he vowed never to ask for.

He will not have to ask for an extension, I guarantee you. Corbyn is a walking pile of humiliation.

• Advertisement

The EU was only hardening it's position on the deal. Boris or nobody else is getting a 'better' one.

You obviously don't understand how negotiations work

You obviously don't understand how negotiations work

I do...when they are actually happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

The people who will vote for him, who will be the majority, will trust him to deliver Brexit by the 31st of October. He is doing EXACTLY what he said he would do - deliver Brexit. How is it dishonest to do exactly what you say you are going to do?

I am hearing nothing but lies from the remain side, food/medicine/oil shortages. None of which will happen. If you want to talk about lies and false campaigning, lets talk about the leave side

I have worked for a number of pharmaceutical companies which manufactured intermediates(lipitor,crestor and HIV inhibitors amongst others) for various companies based in Europe , in the event of a no deal brexit this would probably mean those companies would`nt be licensed by the EU,which would mean they can`t produce for the European market-that means job loses-how is that taking back control?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,127 ✭✭✭Odhinn

,,,this is the guy who campaigned for a no vote to raise his own profile and was so arrogant he never bothered to have any sniff of a plan if things went the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

He will not have to ask for an extension, I guarantee you. Corbyn is a walking pile of humiliation.

But no deal is off the table, meaning Boris has to either ask for the extension, resign or break the law by ignoring parliament.

What do you think he is going to do - if asking for the extension isn't it?

Think the Tories backed the wrong horse chief.

Yeah skank was the wrong choice of word, maybe old fart is more appropriate.

Looks fairly young. Care to counter his comments? Because Boris couldn't

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Why wouldn't labour agree to a general election?

This is their big chance isn't it?
    Or was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Blueshoe wrote: »

Or was

Because they want a vote to block a no deal first. Have you not followed any coverage of this?

Or was

For the fairly shameful reason that parliament do not trust the PM...including 21 of his own MP's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

batgoat wrote: »
    Because they want a vote to block a no deal first. Have you not followed any coverage of this?

I work for a living.

Hopefully they get to block a no deal. Britain voted to leave but a deal in place beforehand just makes sense.

Although I don't actually care either way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Doris is no nearer than she was to leaving, no balls its embarrassing

Why doesn't doris tip out to Windsor explain things to lizzy and get her to sign a royal decree to leave and then just leave

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I'd love to know how Johnson was going to get his magic new deal through a suspended parliament.

I think doris isn't up to the job ye need nige

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I'd love to know how Johnson was going to get his magic new deal through a suspended parliament.

Or by not actually negotiating with anyone. They basically sent people to Brussels to make declamatory statements.

But no deal is off the table, meaning Boris has to either ask for the extension, resign or break the law by ignoring parliament.

Yeah it looks like the backed a donkey

Or was
    I think they explained why they didn't back one right now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

FunLover18 wrote: »

By sprinkling unicorn dust and rocking horse poo over everything and the nasty alliance against him will disappear..:pac:

Looks fairly young. Care to counter his comments? Because Boris couldn't

He either couldn't or didn't, I would imagine it is the latter though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I think doris isn't up to the job ye need nige

You'd have hoped that the notion that no deal was a bargaining chip had been shown to be nonsense long before now but I see that dead horse (in a ditch?) is still being flogged.

Until brexiteers can grasp that reality, they will continue in ever decreasing circles.

• Advertisement

It is for now. But governments are not bound by the decisions of previous parliaments. Meaning if there is a general election and the conservatives/Brexit party win, they can leave with no deal and it is perfectly legal. That is what is going to happen, I cannot wait to gloat here when it does :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement