Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-Remainers-so-convinced-that-staying-in-the-European-Union-is-what-is-best-for-the-UK/answer/Barry-McGuinness-1?fbclid=IwAR0QiekV13tPs0_g5igT1hQK3qGvqQQYq4GxXCZzkN1XlUmH03AkMVBxEGQ Excellent read.

If these sociopaths stay in power.. if I was in the UK I would pack up and leave.. for your kids sake.. what's the betting there will be an attack on another country shortly to 'distract' the uk public who are slowly waking up to the realisation who the real puppeteers are?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Nicholas Soames didn't hold back when giving his opinion of Rees-Mogg in The Times. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/boris-johnson-is-nothing-like-churchill-and-jacob-rees-mogg-is-an-absolute-fraud-tnkrv26d3

It's behind a paywall but highlights include:
    "Sir Nicholas is more horrified by Jacob Rees-Mogg, the Commons leader. His behaviour this week, lolling on the front bench, was “repulsive”, he says. “He is in serious danger of believing his own shtick. He is an absolute fraud, he is a living example of what a moderately cut double-breasted suit and a decent tie can do with an ultra-posh voice and a bit of ginger stuck up his arse. You do not behave like that as leader of the House.”

Moderately cut double-breasted suit.
    *mic drop*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Nicholas Soames didn't hold back when giving is opinion of Rees-Mogg in The Times. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/boris-johnson-is-nothing-like-churchill-and-jacob-rees-mogg-is-an-absolute-fraud-tnkrv26d3
    It's behind a paywall but highlights include

Moderately cut double-breasted suit.
    *mic drop*

The treatment of Nicholas Soames and Ken Clarke has shown johnson and his cronies as the right wing,out of control bozos they really are.Their arrogance will be their downfall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

SeaBreezes wrote: »
    https://www.quora.com/Why-are-Remainers-so-convinced-that-staying-in-the-European-Union-is-what-is-best-for-the-UK/answer/Barry-McGuinness-1?fbclid=IwAR0QiekV13tPs0_g5igT1hQK3qGvqQQYq4GxXCZzkN1XlUmH03AkMVBxEGQ Excellent read.

If these sociopaths stay in power.. if I was in the UK I would pack up and leave.. for your kids sake.. what's the betting there will be an attack on another country shortly to 'distract' the uk public who are slowly waking up to the realisation who the real puppeteers are?

Remainer propaganda. The majority have already chosen. Time for them to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

First Up wrote:
    I think you mean the UK is a tiny market. No, it isn't tiny and reduced access will be a blow to companies selling there.

It's a tiny market relative to the EU..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Blueshoe wrote: »

No a single Brexiter chose how they wanted to leave the EU.

Deal, no deal, April 2019, October 2019, Jan 2020.
    Backstop, Chequers, May, Johnson.
    No one voted for any of this.

People made a binary choice.

They've had nothing but f*ck ups and embarrassment for three years.

This whole "majority have chosen, will of the people" bollox is spouted by hardliners who are well aware the vote could easily sway the other way should a second referendum be called.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

knipex wrote: »

In 2017, Ireland major trading partner countries for exports were United States, United Kingdom, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland.

For imports they were United Kingdom, United States, France, Germany and China.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Padre_Pio wrote: »

This whole "majority have chosen, will of the people" bollox is spouted by hardliners who are well aware the vote could easily sway the other way should a second referendum be called.

Leave with or without a deal. Either way they must leave. There won't be another referendum. It's not like Ireland where people vote until they come to the "correct" decision.

Fake democracy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

SeaBreezes wrote: »

When are ye going mate

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Aye, and while all this has been going on , the social fabric has steadily eroded. There's not much holding things together anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

It does amuse me how the very people who are calling Corbyn a chicken for saying he won't agree to a GE until after the legislation to rule out No Deal is in place are the same people who absolutely refuse to agree to a second ref under any circumstances.

Are they frit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

RobMc59 wrote: »
    The treatment of Nicholas Soames and Ken Clarke has shown johnson and his cronies as the right wing,out of control bozos they really are.Their arrogance will be their downfall.

Nicholas Soames does not merit mentioning in the same breath as Clarke. The man is absolute pond scum - irrespective of his views on the calamity of a hard brexit. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Can someone give me a run down of what is going on??

The house of lords have passed a bill saying a no deal brexit is now illegal have they?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭interactive

Can someone give me a run down of what is going on??

The house of lords have passed a bill saying a no deal brexit is now illegal have they?

The ramainers in their stupidity have scuppered Boris Johnson, ensuring the success of Farage & the Brexit party in the next election

• Registered Users Posts: 33,691 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

No harm but Boris and his crew were like the Brexit Party anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

The ramainers in their stupidity have scuppered Boris Johnson, ensuring the success of Farage & the Brexit party in the next election

:confused:

I am completely lost now. Last I heard the queen was in on all this and was a raging brexiteer. I mean makes sense if she has no issues with Prince Andrew she is unlikely to have issues with Boris Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,187 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Fptp so the brexit party will still at most get a couple of seats if any...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

knipex wrote:

Its about 8% of the EU market. Big enough to be missed but small enough to be replaceable.

The point the German industry representative was making was that the benefits of the single market can be measured in more ways than just size. They will be sorry to see the UK go but the smooth working of supply and value chains in the SM is far more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Bradford city fan?
    No im a Tipperary fan
    Sure you are "mate".
    Sure am old chap
    RobMc59 wrote: »
    You`ve probably got a bulldog tattoo on your arm.
    No tattoos mate

Mod:

Blueshoe, declanflynn, RobMc59, the infantile back and forth ends here. Please don't post in the thread again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Leave with or without a deal. Either way they must leave. There won't be another referendum. It's not like Ireland where people vote until they come to the "correct" decision.

Fake democracy

We don't have democracy in Ireland only fools that believe we do. We are ruled over by the EU which tbh ive no problems with as our own politicians are pathetic to the point of humour but i do have a problem with people who believe we aren't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

We don't have democracy in Ireland only fools that believe we do. We are ruled over by the EU which tbh ive no problems with as our own politicians are pathetic to the point of humour but i do have a problem with people who believe we aren't.

Clueless. You do not understand democracy, the EU, our politicians, and think you have some special wisdom and insight.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,081 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Can you explain this in more detail how the EU rules us in your opinion?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

We don't have democracy in Ireland only fools that believe we do. We are ruled over by the EU

Do explain.

How is one a fool if they believe there is not open and free elections in Ireland?

Please back it up with tangible examples that back up your assertion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Boggles wrote: »
    Do explain.

How is one a fool if they believe there is not open and free elections in Ireland?

Please back it up with tangible examples that back up your assertion?

Look here's the thing, regardless of who ran Lisbon 2 (the EU, the Irish Gov) and regardless of weather there were reassurances and rewording, it was a move that red pilled a tonne of people. They should have at least given it a few years, but exactly one year? Christ, that was bad. To me, democracy was killed and I became an advocate of smaller and smaller government.

People are making the same mistake by telling 17.4 million Brits they didn't vote for no deal, its complete arrogance and idiocy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Its funny how people who claim the Brits were lied to for a leave vote are the same people who are throwing around yellow hammer like it is gospel. It is clearly a propaganda piece. Yes I know it was made by the government, but has anyone looked into who actually produced it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,591 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Look here's the thing, regardless of who ran Lisbon 2 (the EU, the Irish Gov) and regardless of weather there were reassurances and rewording, it was a move that red pilled a tonne of people. They should have at least given it a few years, but exactly one year? Christ, that was bad. To me, democracy was killed and I became an advocate of smaller and smaller government.

If we create a smaller and smaller government, or more correctly termed, less powerful, what is the likely outcome for democracy as a whole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Let's not forget that the 'Ireland were told to go back and vote again until they got it right' narrative relates to the Lisbon Treaty - it was all about us joining the EU. Imagine the pickle we'd be in now if we hadn't joined the EU.

And anyone who does the most cursory research will be reminded that the reason it failed the first time was because the forces of darkness in this country - your SPUC and Iona types - ran their usual dishonest campaign, exploiting people's fear and ignorance of what the treaty was actually about.

It was Europe's fault, of course. The Treaty was hundreds of pages of technocratic gibberish that no-one could make head or tail of. We knew we absolutely had to be in this club, so the necessary legally-binding assurances were sought and given. And how much did the Yes vote win by? It was something like 65%.

Smaller and smaller government? That reminds me of the GOP in America. The ones that have sold their soul to Trump.

Its funny how people who claim the Brits were lied to for a leave vote are the same people who are throwing around yellow hammer like it is gospel. It is clearly a propaganda piece. Yes I know it was made by the government, but has anyone looked into who actually produced it?

This is hilarious. The Tory government commissions a report, and yet you still maintain it's proaganda. Up is down, black is white. Doublespeak.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Are you trying to say that because the UK government is so untrustworthy that the report they commissioned is also untrustworthy? Dont forget that they didnt release the report, it was leaked, and they came out and tried to argue that it was worst cass scenario and not up to date etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement