Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Could be a good for ye, if doris goes down, nige gets top job and takes ye out, I think brexit had broke him, he's not up to it mate

Are you drinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

davedanon wrote: »
    Boris trying to set up an election pact with Farage and his gang.

https://twitter.com/Adam_SH69/status/1170112132970684416?s=19

Boris and his "gang" will win, you, me and the dogs on the street know it. Why? Because the British people want to leave the EU

Barely one in two British people want to leave.
    A pub with 100 punters - that's roughly 50 remainers and 50 leavers.
    Keep that in mind: Not every person in the UK wants to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Could be a good for ye, if doris goes down, nige gets top job and takes ye out, I think brexit had broke him, he's not up to it mate

Are you drinking?
    Yeah a cup of tea (Barrys not that english crap) with my lunch,
    Leo and Steve Smith have really put the ****s up ye this summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

More like 100 punters, 30 of which didn't bother. 36 Leave and 34 Remain.

UK needs to... slash everything on the EU doorstep. Undermine it at every single opportunity...

How can anybody be so breathtakingly oblivious to the disparity in power between England and the EU? There is zero chance of England staying outside the EU and freely undermining it without consequence. The English, of all people on this planet, should know how this works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

davedanon wrote: »
    More like 100 punters, 30 of which didn't bother. 36 Leave and 34 Remain.
    And given the age profile, 3 of the leave voters have passed on to the great Brexit in the sky since that vote.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

mikhail wrote: »
    And given the age profile, 3 of the leave voters have passed on to the great Brexit in the sky since that vote.

As people age they tend to become wiser due to life experience.
    They voted to leave

Side note that people tend to swing from the left to become right wing thinking as they get older too.
    They have lived in the real world for longer. You will get there eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 29,591 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Blueshoe wrote:
    Side note that people tend to swing from the left to become right wing thinking as they get older too. They have lived in the real world for longer. You will get there eventually

There's only one real world, we all live in it, I'm still a lefty, and can't see that changing anytime soon

Barely one in two British people want to leave.
    A pub with 100 punters - that's roughly 50 remainers and 50 leavers.
    Keep that in mind: Not every person in the UK wants to leave.

17,410,742 voted to leave while 16,141,241 voted to remain

That's not "Barely one in two" :rolleyes:

And, not unrelated, a disproportionate number of unionists compared to nationalists will also have passed on in NI.
    From Demography of Northern Ireland by age and religion:

20190907-151148.jpg

Religion_by_age_in_northern_ireland_2011.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

More Scots wanted to remain in UK, than UK people remain in EU.
    Just like Ireland a hundred years ago, when the jackeens wanted to remain with England.

To be honest, I am not sure why people are so eager to be rules by foreigners. It doesn't make sense to me.
    Local rulers for local people.

biko wrote: »
    To be honest, I am not sure why people are so eager to be rules by foreigners. It doesn't make sense to me.

Tell that to the unionists.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The EU's been ruling UK the last three years, has it?

Blueshoe wrote: »

As people age they tend to become wiser due to life experience.
    They voted to leave

Side note that people tend to swing from the left to become right wing thinking as they get older too.
    They have lived in the real world for longer. You will get there eventually
    Ye need nige mate, doris is full of crap and won't last til Oct 31st, when he goes to Brussels to request an extension hes dead

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Without even reading that twitter post or looking up on the case, I am sure it is being overblown by remoaners. She probably forgot to fill out some form or left out some id. That has been the case with all the other "failed" applications the past few weeks.

The government under May and Johnson have said that all EU citizens in the UK can remain there as before. Anyone needing to apply to stay has until December 2020 to do so. Fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

In 2017, Ireland major trading partner countries for exports were United States, United Kingdom, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland.

For imports they were United Kingdom, United States, France, Germany and China.

Again not my point.

Some posters are still of the opinion that the EU is dependent of the UK and the Uk is negotiating from a position of strength.. its not...

In an argument between the UK and the EU the UK is by far the weaker party..

Even taking your point.

Alot of products we import from the UK are not manufactured or produced in the UK. I would be willing to bet that 95% of them could be sourced from within the UK with minimal impact and that plans are in place to do just that.

Its our second most important export market. The UK claims it will not implement tarriffs so we can, for the moment continue to export to the UK.

However our remaining export markets are exported to via Free trade agreements they have with the EU. These are a far far more significant customer base than the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

yeah yeah when are ye leaving

You really need to read some of my posts.

1st) Im Irish.

2nd) I think the Brexiteers are delusional.

3rd) You haven't answered my question. WTF are the "t brits". ??

Without even reading that twitter post or looking up on the case, I am sure...

Ladies and Gentlemen: Here is the issue with Brexit discourse.

knipex wrote: »
    WTF are the "t brits". ??

+1 on this

It is annoying not in an "I'm offended" way, more in a "is this guy trying to be funny" kind of way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

More Scots wanted to remain in UK, than UK people remain in EU.
    Just like Ireland a hundred years ago, when the jackeens wanted to remain with England.

One of the big arguments in the Scotland independence vote was that it would be better to remain a part of the UK because of the membership of the EU...

batgoat wrote: »
    One of the big arguments in the Scotland independence vote was that it would be better to remain a part of the UK because of the membership of the EU...

And they voted to remain in the UK which means they go along with the UK. That's the way it works.

Ladies and Gentlemen: Here is the issue with Brexit discourse.

It is being blown out of proportion. Do you know anything about her case? How much of the documentation have you read? Just the tiny portion of it that is flashed on the screen for less than a second? She did not show enough evidence therefore the application was rejected. She has until the end of 2020 to fill the form out properly, it is FAKE NEWS. You accuse me of not doing my homework yet you have done none yourself.

She has been in the UK for over 50 years, she is not going to be kicked out, it is blatant scaremongering.

And they voted to remain in the UK which means they go along with the UK. That's the way it works.

Outstanding logical skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

She has been in the UK for over 50 years, she is not going to be kicked out, it is blatant scaremongering.

Tell that to the Windrush Generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Have you read it? Obviously not! An example of how retarded it is would be the claim that the UK would run out of fuel. This is despite the fact the the UK does not buy ANY fuel from the EU. The claims about medicine and food shortages are equally stupid. Can you name one person who signed off on the document other than "Doctor Nick"? Do civil servants represent senior government? The government have publicly stated that there will be "bumps on the road". There is no denying that

You do understand that they (UK) most likely are purchasing fuel under EU struck deals yeah?

Not being a member of the EU anymore excludes them from enjoying said deals, you do understand that, yeah?

Moving on.....

Gene Kerrigans tweet had me guffawing loudly.

https://twitter.com/GeneKerrigan/status/1169990916804886536?s=09

knipex wrote: »
    WTF are the "t brits". ??

+1 on this

It is annoying not in an "I'm offended" way, more in a "is this guy trying to be funny" kind of way.
    Doris is going to be left with 2 options go to Brussels to ask for an extension or go to prison either way nige is the next pm.
    I've really enjoyed this show up until now but it's going to be box office stuff when parliament comes back in October

You do understand that they (UK) most likely are purchasing fuel under EU struck deals yeah?

Not being a member of the EU anymore excludes them from enjoying said deals, you do understand that, yeah?

You do understand that they can negotiate a new deal yeah? You do understand that other non EU countries have negotiated deals yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

You do understand that they can negotiate a new deal yeah? You do understand that other non EU countries have negotiated deals yeah?

You do understand that deals are not done overnight, and will probably come with the UK conceding some of its new found "independence" for a deal.

Because of course, the UK needs the EU far more that the opposite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Lol, by posts in this thread it's like the world outside of the EU is a barren wasteland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement