Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What version is that?
    What was on the ballot paper?
    2016_EU_Referendum_Ballot_Paper.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

PostWoke wrote: »
    Or lying to the voter base about what you can provide if they vote your way, and taking advantage of people who are susceptible to scare mongering.

That's your opinion.
    Over 17,000,000 disagree

Mod: 2 weeks off. You were told not to post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

biko wrote: »
    That is not how voting works. You had your opportunity.
    That's not how a non-binding referendum works.

2016_EU_Referendum_Ballot_Paper.jpg

And what version of leave does that entail?
    Deal or no deal?

Remember now that the majority of voters voted for pro deal parties in last election and the Sovereign Parliament is pro deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

mikhail wrote: »
    More than 67% of UK voters voted to remain in 1975. It's almost like people can change their mind as a situation evolves.
    Indeed, and 67% has now decreased to 48%.
    The problem is people not respecting democratic process.
    That's not the EU's fault.
    it's only the t brits that are stopping britian from leaving, everyone else can't wait for them to go

• Advertisement

Deal or no deal?

Remember now that the majority of voters voted for pro deal parties in last election and the Sovereign Parliament is pro deal
    People like biko like to believe that only the votes they approve of count.

mikhail wrote: »
    That's not how a non-binding referendum works.
    Why do you keep arguing?
    It's a month or so to go and you're arguing stuff that was played out years ago?
    Deal or no deal?
    There was no deal on the ballot.
    That was your question.

Deal or no deal?

They must have left that bit out because they didn't think leave would win. There should have been a second vote on leave with or without a deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Why do you keep arguing?
    It's a month or so to go and you're arguing stuff that was played out years ago?

Is that to blueshoe, or chameleon, or one of the other rwnj loons?

Why do you keep arguing?
    A month or so to go until what mate?

• Advertisement

davedanon wrote: »
    Is that to blueshoe, or chameleon, or one of the other rwnj loons?

Sorry, clarified now I hope

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Blueshoe wrote: »
    That's your opinion.
    Over 17,000,000 disagree

How is any of what I said opinion? They had literal lies/promises they couldn't follow through on printed on entire lengths of campaign buses, and that's the objective truth.

No voter gets to decide they weren't lied to.

Deal or no deal?

They must have left that bit out because they didn't think leave would win. There should have been a second vote on leave with or without a deal.
    You want it delayed for even longer
    You're losing ur bottle mate

Until the bill is passed - Brexit

Why do you keep arguing?
    Because a bunch of arseholes who lied through their teeth in order to win a glorified opinion poll by the narrowest of margins several years ago continue to insist that that is a sound basis for ****ing up the peace process and every economy in the area, suspending parliament in the process.

I will pay for Brexit, like everyone else in this country. And in spite of that, I will continue to laugh at the British as their union implodes, and they trade having a say in the EU's policies to being told what to do by the IMF again as they were just before they entered the EEC.

PostWoke wrote: »
    How is any of what I said opinion? They had literal lies/promises they couldn't follow through on printed on entire lengths of campaign buses, and that's the objective truth.

No voter gets to decide they weren't lied to.

I disagree with your opinion.

Yes, that's sensible. "WE ARE VOTING ON WHETHER TO LEAVE THE EU, OR NOT. WHILE LEAVING WILL BE ****TY, THERE ARE VARYING DEGREES OF ****TINESS, DEPENDING ON THE DEAL. WOULD YOU LIKE A ****TY DEAL, OR AN EVEN MORE ****TY DEAL?" VOTE NOW!!!

Why do you keep arguing?

There was no deal on the ballot.
    That was your question.

Did it say leave without a deal?
    Did it say leave with a deal?

Leaving the EU has several options, which one does that referendum "leave" cover?

Until the bill is passed - Brexit
    You are a bit behind, the opposition are in charge of your country now mate, depaffel is a lame duck pm

davedanon wrote: »
    Yes, that's sensible. "WE ARE VOTING ON WHETHER TO LEAVE THE EU, OR NOT. WHILE LEAVING WILL BE ****TY, THERE ARE VARYING DEGREES OF ****TINESS, DEPENDING ON THE DEAL. WOULD YOU LIKE A ****TY DEAL, OR AN EVEN MORE ****TY DEAL?" VOTE NOW!!!

Huh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,904 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Well Teresa May was terrible, giving the EU everything they wanted. "Hey can we have 39 billion?" Yeah OK!!

Hey dude. Might be a better use of your time to read up on a few basics rather than repeating soundbytes from Farage.

The 39 billion was calculated and agreed to as the UK outstanding obligations.

You know that there are also obligations in the other direction too? For example, one of these is that the UK was allocated about 11bn over the current round of EU structural funds. Those projects can still draw down the remainder of the money until the end of the current cycle......................but not if there is no deal. But you probably don't realize that because Farage won't have tweeted it and Boris won't have printed it on a bus for you.

To put it into an easier-to-understand example for you - suppose you live in an apartment building with 9 other apartments and you set up your own management company to take care of the place. You all sign a contract that you will each pay 1000 Euro into the company every year and the management company will replace the windows and doors on one of the apartments each year in rotation.

Mary in apartment #1 gets hers done first. Happy days. New windows for Mary. Then at the start of year 2 she decides "I don't want to be part of this any more. Goodbye". Pat in apartment #2 says "I'm scheduled to have mine done in a few weeks. But I also don't want to contribute any more. So I'm gone. But I still want the rest of ye to pay for mine to be done".

Do you think that they rest of them would say "ah grand. don't worry about that contract we all signed. You don't need to put in your share any more and we'll have the lads over to Pat in a couple of weeks to do his. No worries".

"Hey can we have 11bn for our structural funds project. Yeah ok!"

Hey dude. Might be a better use of your time to read up on a few basics rather than repeating soundbytes from Farage.

The 39 billion was calculated and agreed to as the UK outstanding obligations.

You know that there are also obligations in the other direction too? For example, one of these is that the UK was allocated about 11bn over the current round of EU structural funds. Those projects can still draw down the remainder of the money until the end of the current cycle......................but not if there is no deal. But you probably don't realize that because Farage won't have tweeted it and Boris won't have printed it on a bus for you.

To put it into an easier-to-understand example for you - suppose you live in an apartment building with 9 other apartments and you set up your own management company to take care of the place. You all sign a contract that you will each pay 1000 Euro into the company every year and the management company will replace the windows and doors on one of the apartments each year in rotation.

Mary in apartment #1 gets hers done first. Happy days. New windows for Mary. Then at the start of year 2 she decides "I don't want to be part of this any more. Goodbye". Pat in apartment #2 says "I'm scheduled to have mine done in a few weeks. But I also don't want to contribute any more. So I'm gone. But I still want the rest of ye to pay for mine to be done".

Do you think that they rest of them would say "ah grand. don't worry about that contract we all signed. You don't need to put in your share any more and we'll have the lads over to Pat in a couple of weeks to do his. No worries".

"Hey can we have 11bn for our structural funds project. Yeah ok!"

Too many facts in there for our brexiter friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Not true. Plenty of countries smaller and larger than the UK survive without being in the EU

Oh Absolutely.

But they didn't spend the last 46 years building their economy based on having access to the largest free trade organization in the world.
    Or have their trade agreements, quality and environmental standards, international transport agreements (free skies) etc begin negotiated as part of a larger group. Agreements and standards that they will no longer be able to access and instead of spending the last 3 years resolving these issues spent them chasing unicorns.

Neither do they have their consumer rights, workers rights and trade laws based on agreements that they have just torn up and monitored \ enforced by an organization they dont want to deal with.

And heading into uncertainty they certainly didn't spend 3 years insulting, belittling, slandering, lieing about, threatening and at every opportunity undermining the very organization that could provide the support and assistance they would have needed.

That's not the EU's fault.
    it's only the t brits that are stopping britian from leaving, everyone else can't wait for them to go

Come on Declan... its driving me NUTS.... what does "t brits" mean ??

(if anyone else can enlighten me I would be delighted, feeling very confused and left out here)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Notmything

knipex wrote: »
    Come on Declan... its driving me NUTS.... what does "t brits" mean ??

(if anyone else can enlighten me I would be delighted, feeling very confused and left out here)

They are trying to be all hard and edgy, just like when they use the wrong name for Boris Johnson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Notmything wrote: »
    They are trying to be all hard and edgy, just like when they use the wrong name for Boris Johnson

Yes, Doris instead of Boris is particularly childish. ‘Misgendering’ also thrown into the mix.

Yes, Doris instead of Boris is particularly childish. ‘Misgendering’ also thrown into the mix.

Oh that I can see. but I cannot figure out what insult he is trying to send with "t brits" I even tried googling it..

Notmything wrote: »

Can I call him depaffel?

The only wrong names I use for Boris are asterisked out by the thread nannies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

knipex wrote: »

Oh that I can see. but I cannot figure out what insult he is trying to send with "t brits" I even tried googling it..
    So did I-the nearest thing to it is a South African athlete named tasmin brit!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement