Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Can I call him depaffel?

I’m sure you can. Whether you should or not is another thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

RobMc59 wrote: »
    So did I-the nearest thing to it is a South African athlete named tasmin brit!

Exactly..

That is why I am dieing to know..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,904 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I’m sure you can. Whether you should or not is another thing.

Can someone also explain the depaffel thing. I don't get the reference. Googling it throws up this thread at the top of the list

Can someone also explain the depaffel thing. I don't get the reference. Googling it throws up this thread at the top of the list

It's his name

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is his full name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,904 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

It's his name

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson

I thought he was Turkish. Must be from a different side though?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I disagree with your opinion.

If you could stop calling objective facts opinions we might get somewhere.

After your ban lifts.

biko wrote: »
    Lol, by posts in this thread it's like the world outside of the EU is a barren wasteland.

How felicitous. Reading T.S. Eliot''s The Waste Land in the age of Brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did it say leave without a deal?
    Did it say leave with a deal?
    :confused: As you could see from the ballot I went and found for you, it said neither.

It's way easier to understand than Irish ballots
    http://cdn.thejournal.ie/media/2018/10/sample-ref-paper.png

:confused: As you could see from the ballot I went and found for you, it said neither.

Nevermind Irish ballots, we didn't vote to leave anything.

So, it said nether?
    How do you know what the leave voter wanted so? 54% of voters, in last GE, voted for pro deal parties

We'll just pop back in the question you're leaving out of quoting, shall we?
    Leaving the EU has several options, which one does that referendum "leave" cover?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Amber Rudd has resigned too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49623737
    Work and Pensions Secretary Amber Rudd has quit the Cabinet and Conservative Party saying she cannot "stand by" while "loyal moderate Conservatives are expelled".

In her resignation letter, she said she no longer believed leaving the EU with a deal was the government's "main objective".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

The destruction of the Tory party would be a fitting comeuppance for what they've done to Britain, not to mention Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Soon the cabinet will consist of little else only BoJo and his cronies.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The destruction of the Tory party would be a fitting comeuppance for what they've done to Britain, not to mention Ireland.

Fingers crossed.

Nevermind Irish ballots, we didn't vote to leave anything.

And if we vote for the wrong thing we have to go back and do it again properly so, less stress over decisions eh.

PostWoke wrote: »
    And if we vote for the wrong thing we have to go back and do it again properly so, less stress over decisions eh.

Strawman alert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

The main reason it's easier to understand is because it's not legally binding so wording doesn't matter in the slightest. Meanwhile our amendments to our constitution are properly planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Conservative Party still huge lead over opposition in latest polls- Boris lead a large large minority of twats

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Wouldn’t it be great if Theresa May surrendered the whip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

• Advertisement

knipex wrote: »
    Come on Declan... its driving me NUTS.... what does "t brits" mean ??

(if anyone else can enlighten me I would be delighted, feeling very confused and left out here)

He admitted it earlier in the thread. The T is for Tan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Conservative Party still huge lead over opposition in latest polls- Boris lead a large large minority of twats

An alliance could be the answer although I imagine Corbyn would be VERY hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,081 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yes they do at the moment but once there is a general election it will be a different story 1 many will realise that the hard right have taken over the party 2 the brexit party will assist in destabilising them (it doesnt have to win many seats just take votes off tories, split right wing vote and allow a Labour or Lib Dem tgrough) 3 many of their former MPs will run against them and win

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

mike_ie wrote: »
    Mod:

Blueshoe, declanflynn, RobMc59, the infantile back and forth ends here. Please don't post in the thread again.

Mod: All 3 posted in this thread today, and all 3 are now taking a break from the forum.
    If you've been threadbanned, then don't post here.
    It's not that difficult to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

RobMc59 wrote: »
    An alliance could be the answer although I imagine Corbyn would be VERY hard work.

Won't happen. SNP are gonna SNP. Greens are head in the clouds types with their own agenda and less seats then Plaid.

Lib Dems actually stand for nothing and Labour don't want to lose London to them,

• Registered Users Posts: 29,591 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

has the kid been banned or is just exhausted from talking nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,799 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    has the kid been banned or is just exhausted from talking nonsense?

Bojo and JRM arent banned from anything yet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,187 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yes they do at the moment but once there is a general election it will be a different story 1 many will realise that the hard right have taken over the party 2 the brexit party will assist in destabilising them (it doesnt have to win many seats just take votes off tories, split right wing vote and allow a Labour or Lib Dem tgrough) 3 many of their former MPs will run against them and win
    There was also a poll which suggested conservative vote will drop a huge amount of no general election before end of october

• Advertisement

Strawman alert

"additional observation", let's have less internet memes hmmm :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement