Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

That became the Kingdom of Great Britain and in 1801 this Kingdom united with the Kingdom of Ireland for form the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Ireland.

I said that. Several times/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

I`m watching the news and Boris Johnson has just said he did`nt lie to the Queen..
    He`s even lying about lying now-I wonder if this could be treason which is potentially punishable by a life sentence!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

RobMc59 wrote: »
    I`m watching the news and Boris Johnson has just said he did`nt lie to the Queen..
    He`s even lying about lying now-I wonder if this could be treason which is potentially punishable by a life sentence!

I dunno if it's treason but if he didn't lie and the prorugation isn't about Brexit than all he has to do to prove it is release the internal communications about the prorugation. Strangely enough though, the official government response to the citizens' petition to block the prorugation specifically mentioned that the referendum result must be respected which if the government is to be believed is completely irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Pritti Patel wanted to bring back capital punishment. Only saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

Just hysterical people going full trump derangement syndrome over boris. Even more amusing as the forum isn't even based in the country Boris in running.

• Advertisement

Just hysterical people going full trump derangement syndrome over boris. Even more amusing as the forum isn't even based in the country Boris in running.

Great point.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,799 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The most amusing part is people blowing their loads about how glorious Trump and BoJo are and how they can do no wrong :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Pritti Patel wanted to bring back capital punishment. Only saying.

Is it just me or is the way she gazes at boris johnson when they`re together VERY unsettling?

pjohnson wrote: »
    The most amusing part is people blowing their loads about how glorious Trump and BoJo are and how they can do no wrong :pac:

I don't think it is that at all. I don't like trump, I see him as a buffon but what I do like about trump is the triggering he causes and how he exposes people as hysterical cry babies.

I can make good judges of character based on if they go postal on something trump does. I remember a new colleague going mental about Trump doing a video showing all the McDonalds he got for white house staff during the shutdown. Straight away I knew this person, living thousands of miles away, was both stupid and emotional. Needless to say they don't get given much responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Maybe lying about lying is done sorry if double negative... Is that how it works?

• Advertisement

I don't think it is that at all. I don't like trump, I see him as a buffon but what I do like about trump is the triggering he causes and how he exposes people as hysterical cry babies.

I can make good judges of character based on if they go postal on something trump does. I remember a new colleague going mental about Trump doing a video showing all the McDonalds he got for white house staff during the shutdown. Straight away I knew this person, living thousands of miles away, was both stupid and emotional. Needless to say they don't get given much responsibility.

Do you work in McDonalds?

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Who's getting hysterical and what's so deranged about discussing the fate of our nearest neighbour's PM who was recently found to have misled their Head of State by the Scottish High Court during one of the most critical times in the country's history which will also have a big impact on our own country and its economy?

How has he misled the head of state? I would wait till next week if I was you. Can't see the Scots claiming another win but life is full of surprises.

All the people want is an election, you really need to stop getting excited about the views of british lefties and MPs who hide from the total humiliation they will have in the polls.

Do you work in McDonalds?

Are you an irish version of a chavy east london rapper?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,623 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Are you saying based on a response to a trump tweet/post/whatever, you impact that person's career? Get help. And don't let your managers know. What an irresponsible thing to do. If the employee in question was one of your reports you could be opening your company up for libel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I deleted my response to your original post because I thought I'd misunderstood. I don't think you can compare Trump ordering McDonalds to Johnson misleading the queen to suspend parliament in order to force through a policy which will negatively impact not only his own country but ours as well.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I deleted my response to your original post because I thought I'd misunderstood. I don't think you can compare Trump ordering McDonalds to Johnson misleading the queen to suspend parliament in order to force through a policy which will negatively impact not only his own country but ours as well.

There is no proof Boris misled the queen.

Boris is working against the most anti democratic group of saboteurs in modern history. They are working knowingly against the majority of the people of the country, further proven by hiding away from an opportunity to try and win a mandate from the people due to knowing not only will they lose, they are likely to be substantially down in huge numbers on parliaments return.

Boris should let them have their delay on the basis that nothing can be agreed in terms of a deal until that election is faced.

Boris needs to be allowed what any good leader should be in negotiation and that is the ability to tell the EU to go and spin. In fact he should be allowed to start the negotiation with that very statement.

Are you an irish version of a chavy east london rapper?

How did you know?

How did you know?

Because you ozzed spice burgers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Forgot this existed.

JRM and Ali G.

Came up in my recommended today as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,296 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

What does your company delegate deluded fantasists to do? Man de internets?

Because you ozzed spice burgers

Ah right.

What does your company delegate deluded fantasists to do? Man de internets?

The company encourages people to be brave and have a spine.

The company encourages people to be brave and have a spine.

'Brave' in a Jackass TV programme kind of way? Or 'brave' in admitting you are pathetically wrong kind of way?

'Brave' in a Jackass TV programme kind of way? Or 'brave' in admitting you are pathetically wrong kind of way?

'Brave' as in the 'i don't believe delayed jaffa cakes at Calais will ruin my life' kinda way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Forgot this existed.

Goes to show Moggy is not the second coming of Satan like some of the sheep here would have you believe.

'Brave' as in the 'i don't believe delayed jaffa cakes at Calais will ruin my life' kinda way

Jaffa cakes might disappear from the shelves? This is awful news.

Jaffa cakes might disappear from the shelves? This is awful news.

I'd say you should add some to your stock piles, right up there with the soy milk and couscous

Yes, you guys are prepared to wait - what was it the financial boy wonder Rees Mogg said? 50 years to see this sparkling Brexit maneuver pay dividends and to hell with those who actually do suffer...the fecking lightweights.

Brave boys alright

• Advertisement

I'd say you should add some to your stock piles, right up there with the soy milk and couscous

Soy milk and couscous are threatened too? I'll starve. This Brexit thing is a lot worse than I thought. Something should be done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement