Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,296 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Aegir wrote: »
    That’s just more pathetic bitterness.

You love the old stereotype of Irish people foaming at the mouth with bitterness whenever the truth of empire is pointed out to you. :):)

You love the old stereotype of Irish people foaming at the mouth with bitterness whenever the truth of empire is pointed out to you. :):)

Well done. You’ve just invented a stereotype and proven its existence in one post.

Well done. You’ve just invented a stereotype and proven its existence in one post.

It must be sad to be stuck on an Irish website deflecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Fixed that for you.

Yeah but the Mongol Empire wasn't over here murdering Irish citizens whose survivors are still seeking some form of long-passed justice. Focus for goodness sake.

No that's what's called an observation of the past. Your responses, on the matter, are consistently fatuous.

No that's what's called an observation of the past. Your responses, on the matter, are consistently fatuous.

Nah, it was just a bitter begrudging post Tom.

You are basically saying that the British can’t be proud of the fact they have the world football, cricket and rugby because

A everyone played a form of football, the British only codified it

Cricket is just a game where you hit a ball with a bat and

Something something empire

That is the epitome of bitterness and begrudgery.

With a smattering of bigotry thrown in. But then it never takes long for the mask to slip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it... G. Santayana.

It behoves us to remember not only our own past, but the past of others too.. (like nazi germany) to watch for and prevent its re-occurrence.

I'm genuinely frightened for the UK. There seems very little remembering there and an awful lot of negative sentiment for anyone 'other'... be it colour, race or culture.

SeaBreezes wrote: »
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it... G. Santayana.

It behoves us to remember not only our own past, but the past of others too.. (like nazi germany) to watch for and prevent its re-occurrence.

I'm genuinely frightened for the UK. There seems very little remembering there and an awful lot of negative sentiment for anyone 'other'... be it colour, race or culture.

So you’re here to educate the Brits. Good man.

So you’re here to educate the Brits. Good man.

There are reasons why the UK have ended up in the chaos it is in atm. Despite your disgust that we might try to understand why, we are going to do it anyway.

Call it whatever you want, education, enlightenment or entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

I find this thread very educational I must say. Tedious with the bitching but still, quite informative tbf

There are reasons why the UK have ended up in the chaos it is in atm. Despite your disgust that we might try to understand why, we are going to do it anyway.

Call it whatever you want, education, enlightenment or entertainment.

You haven’t once tried to understand it Francis. All you have done is used it as justification for your own prejudices.

The reasons for Brexit are numerous and complex Francis.

• Advertisement

You haven’t once tried to understand it Francis. All you have done is used it as justification for your own prejudices.

The reasons for Brexit are numerous and complex Francis.

Which is your tired opinion of anybody who criticises Old Blighty.

If anyone says something you don't like, they are 'bitter' or 'prejudiced'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

cadaliac wrote: »
    I find this thread very educational I must say. Tedious with the bitching but still, quite informative tbf

The one in the politics forum is better for actually talking about brexit.

Oh god, no.. Go to the politics thread if you want to actually learn something. This place is just the banned posters from there making a show of themselves here.

Oh god, no.. Go to the politics thread if you want to actually learn something. This place is just the banned posters from there making a show of themselves here.

Some of the tangents have been interesting (Bannasidhe's in particular) Also, it's always illuminating to get a glimpse into the world of the fervent Brexiteers, however strange it may be.
    Those inputs would disrupt the main thread though as they aren't really about the 'politics' of it, but something else..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Yes, the main benefit of this thread is to show how little some brexiteers know about how international business and transport operate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I find this thread very educational I must say.

I'm glad my contributions have helped you.

Tedious with the bitching but still, quite informative tbf

You get that everywhere, people unable to discuss FACTS and instead resort to bitching and slander

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

They probably have. But not in the way you intended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Trump himself would be proud of that solipsism.

davedanon wrote: »
    Trump himself would be proud of that solipsism.

I had to Google that but its probably an accurate observation!

There, I shared a 40 second video of someone telling Labour off. Therefore, in line with other shared videos on this thread, I proclaim that the entire UK is with Boris and wants out. It is indisputable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Oh, grow up, will you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Some people aren't actually banned,just persona non grata for a variety of reasons..

A source tells me DUP leaders are being squeezed by Johnson heavies: agree to something close to the backstop or reconcile yourselves to joint authority with Dublin and a Border poll.

independent.ie/Martina Devlin

A source tells me DUP leaders are being squeezed by Johnson heavies: agree to something close to the backstop or reconcile yourselves to joint authority with Dublin and a Border poll.

Well they did grab the wrong end of the flaming torch. If they get badly burned it's entirely and unequivocally their own fault and nobody else's, but guess who they'll try to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,233 ✭✭✭threeball

Ha, when Johnson said he was coming back with a proposal to Brussels I bet the DUP didn't think it was going to be this. They'll soon find out how treasured they are by the British public and her Majestys Government. Delighted that their propensity to go against everything has finally come back to bite them in the ass in the worst way they could imagine.

490631.png

More good news for the DUP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

More good news for the DUP.

Mind you, the right of NI to hold a referendum hasn't really been disputed for a generation.

Will they ensure that sufficient funds are transferred to fund civil service pensions and the like?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Mind you, the right of NI to hold a referendum hasn't really been disputed for a generation.

Will they ensure that sufficient funds are transferred to fund civil service pensions and the like?

The British could give a **** what the Unionists think or how the North voted.

Not at all. I've never been banned from there but I posted a Brexit cartoon from the English 'Independent' newspaper in that thread about a year ago and it was deleted. A nice, middle-of-the-road unthreatening source. Alas, it seems cartoons are not high brow enough for the very, very, very serious people there.

• Advertisement

Danzy wrote: »
    The British could give a **** what the Unionists think or how the North voted.

Couldn't, Danzy! If they could, then it implies they care to some degree.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement