Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,799 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Since BoJo called himself Hulk and then denied any media being infront of him where have his Acolytes gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I don’t understand why he keeps doing these public appearances. Every time he does it it’s a disaster and then he just does it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,415 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

J Mysterio wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/SophieRose19x/status/1173966659788398593
    I'd say Francois loved this - plod for the day. Looks like he is leading the charge into a pub here.

Actually wondering how he is allowed to impersonate a police officer.

Gets to play hardman - it's his favourite thing to do

Imagine voting for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 finjoe

at least they are heading as if they are, Paddy thought the EU were going to bully the UK the way the bullied us in November 2010..if the Irish could get them to have another referendum that migh work!!:))..if Ireland had leaders like Borris Johnson the night of the bank guarantee, we could have called their (EUs) bluff..we just rolled over..and same party now back up the polls...hard to believe....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,415 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

finjoe wrote: »
    at least they are heading as if they are, Paddy thought the EU were going to bully the UK the way the bullied us in November 2010..if the Irish could get them to have another referendum that migh work!!:))..if Ireland had leaders like Borris Johnson the night of the bank guarantee, we could have called their (EUs) bluff..we just rolled over..and same party now back up the polls...hard to believe....

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,296 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The UK is being humiliated on the world stage, in case you haven't noticed.

Their parliament is in tatters, not to mention the Supreme Court as they 'stand up' to the EU. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Yes, you admire Borris so much you can't even spell his first name.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What's that they say about finding the worst of yourself in your enemy?

It was in fact the Brits who've been banging on for the last year about how the EU was going to put pressure on "Paddy" and force Ireland to drop the backstop.

The EU can't "bully" the UK into anything. Remember that scene in "Liar, Liar" where Jim Carrey beats the sh1t out of himself in the bathroom and then comes back and says that he was attacked by a desperate madman at the end of his tether?

That's the UK right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

lawred2 wrote: »
    Gets to play hardman - it's his favourite thing to do

Imagine voting for him?

He's our MP (town next door), a good chunk of them love him, Boris too. I just can't fathom it. The local facebook group should just be called the Brexit Supporters chat, I don't really engage with them anymore as you can't argue with stupid. Where we used to live the MP is Andrew Rosindell, look up his most notable achievement. I really should look up the politics of these places before we move.

And I wonder why I've not been on the winning side of any vote since we moved over here. . .:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

MadYaker wrote: »
    I don’t understand why he keeps doing these public appearances. Every time he does it it’s a disaster and then he just does it again!

Why wouldn't he? Cos then everyone would be saying that "he's scared"? The guy yesterday was an ex Labour activist, the woman from early in the week ranting at him to leave "her" ( :rolleyes: ) town neglected to mention that the two constituencies has had Tories at about ~30% for the past two elections. But yeah, it's "her" town.

I don't think people should be so quick to buy the media narrative, Boris is wildly popular here. Anecdotally I see it everywhere but more than that, look at the polls. He's continues to trounce Corbyn, which given, isn't very hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

The UK is being humiliated on the world stage, in case you haven't noticed.

Their parliament is in tatters, not to mention the Supreme Court as they 'stand up' to the EU. :D:D
    I can't stand Johnson or his goons but gloating is a very unpleasant trait francie
    :(

RobMc59 wrote: »
    I can't stand Johnson or his goons but gloating is a very unpleasant trait francie

Gloating over something you've done might be. Schadenfreude is the word you're looking for I'd guess.

But watching on from the sidelines at something they've done entirely to themselves? If it makes some people smile before that country's decision negatively impact ours, then at least there was some good from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Why wouldn't he? Cos then everyone would be saying that "he's scared"? The guy yesterday was an ex Labour activist, the woman from early in the week ranting at him to leave "her" ( :rolleyes: ) town neglected to mention that the two constituencies has had Tories at about ~30% for the past two elections. But yeah, it's "her" town.

I don't think people should be so quick to buy the media narrative, Boris is wildly popular here. Anecdotally I see it everywhere but more than that, look at the polls. He's continues to trounce Corbyn, which given, isn't very hard.

The guy yesterday was a father in hospital with his sick daughter. He didn't organise the press to be there, Johnson did and then he flat out lied about there being press at all. But it's the media narrative that is driving attention away from Johnson's lies and onto the man who accosted him, whose political leanings are IMO irrelevant, just like they did with the couple who called the police after hearing Johnson's row with his girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Gloating over something you've done might be. Schadenfreude is the word you're looking for I'd guess.

But watching on from the sidelines at something they've done entirely to themselves? If it makes some people smile before that country's decision negatively impact ours, then at least there was some good from it.

I understand Britain`s decision has negative impact on Ireland ,I would point out there are many British people who wish to remain in the EU who are distraught about the whole thing.The added fact that the British version of democracy has been spectacularly exposed as disastrously flawed is also very depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,030 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

pjohnson wrote: »
    Since BoJo called himself Hulk and then denied any media being infront of him where have his Acolytes gone?
    Damn...
    latest?cb=20131028002723

• Registered Users Posts: 69,296 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

RobMc59 wrote: »

I wasn't gloating, I was laughing at the poster's familiar anti Irish comments after reminding him/her of the facts at the moment.

You are letting your embarrassment get the better of you Rob.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

They should really just get on with it now I for one cant wait to see the ads on the telly with the British children digging through bins looking for food asking me to donate €2 a month to help them.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ltd440

They should really just get on with it now I for one cant wait to see the ads on the telly with the British children digging through bins looking for food asking me to donate €2 a month to help them.
    You have joined boards less than an hour ago, and already have 3 antagonistic posts up. Have you a previous name on boards????

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

ltd440 wrote: »
    You have joined boards less than an hour ago, and already have 3 antagonistic posts up. Have you a previous name on boards????

It's a funny comment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

ltd440 wrote: »

Yeah it was mindyourownbusiness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Brexit Bar. Bulgaria.

new-name-same-great-place.jpg

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Brexit Bar. Bulgaria.

new-name-same-great-place.jpg

I think Brexiters and irony may well be complete strangers.

An email from The Torygraph just popped into my inbox there, with the tagline "Could victory be on the cards?".

Jesus, I thought, they're really losing their **** now.

Turns out they were referring to the rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

davedanon wrote: »
    An email from The Torygraph just popped into my inbox there, with the tagline "Could victory be on the cards?".

Jesus, I thought, they're really losing their **** now.

Turns out they were referring to the rugby.
    Definitely losing their ****

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Definitely losing their ****

They've a good chance. More than we have. Rugby that is, not Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

So it looks like a deal. How can Leo sell this as a win for his career without sticking hard, alone, to the backstop?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Who else wants to get locked out of their biggest income source?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

ToddyDoody wrote: »

Quotes

"We will stand our ground over the backstop"

"the WA is closed"

...until now that it isn't.

The EU have effectively bottled it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

ToddyDoody wrote: »

I just stopped reading after the word locked and am currently breaking the seal on bottle of bourbon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Quotes

"We will stand our ground over the backstop"

"the WA is closed"

...until now that it isn't.

The EU have effectively bottled it

Ah you're right, I didn't see it that way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement