Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,419 ✭✭✭✭road_high

20Wheel wrote: »
    i did wonder about how many chinese he could have met to come up with this conclusion that they all like union jacks/flags.

and their inability, in the home of the counterfeit, to produce their own knock-off union flag stamps/badges still puzzles me.

They produce wonderful knock offs of various Land Rovers though. May partly explain the recent sales plunge ! Probably better built too...

First Up wrote: »
    The UK sells some precision products to China (and everywhere else). Problem is that many of those products include components the UK gets from EU suppliers, or that go to/from EU countries as part of their production process.

It remains to be seen how much of that survives the queues at Dover under the "no deal" banner.

...or are owned as subsidiaries of European and worldwide multinationals. Zero uniquely “British” about the vast majority of anything which is unfortunate given the apparent Chinese insatiable appetite for all things Union Jack and royal labeled

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

road_high wrote:
    ...or are owned as subsidiaries of European and worldwide multinationals. Zero uniquely “British†about the vast majority of anything which is unfortunate given the apparent Chinese insatiable appetite for all things Union Jack and royal labeled

Haha.

I don't think our cryptic friend knows much about international commerce.

First Up wrote: »
    Haha.

I don't think our cryptic friend knows much about international commerce.

Ya think?! ...

Which you haven't demonstrated.

All the two of you have done is fire some invective around about bitter posters.

You called the UK a rogue nation. People have pointed out to you what a rogue nation actually is and you’re getting defensive about it.

The UK quite clearly isn’t a rogue nation. It is an active member of the UN Security Council, an active member of NATO and one of, if not the biggest contributor to European security and intelligence.

As for your comment about the British being a cancer, well I think we can all see that as the petty, bigoted comment that it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,603 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Aegir wrote: »
    You called the UK a rogue nation. People have pointed out to you what a rogue nation actually is and you’re getting defensive about it.

The UK quite clearly isn’t a rogue nation. It is an active member of the UN Security Council, an active member of NATO and one of, if not the biggest contributor to European security and intelligence.

As for your comment about the British being a cancer, well I think we can all see that as the petty, bigoted comment that it is.

I would expect nothing less from boards resident barstool repubublican.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,284 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

We have the whole offended crew in now. Does an alarm go off somewhere?

Definitions of
    rogue nation
    a state that does not respect other states in its international actions

As I said, the UK's last shambolic proposal was when they IMO crossed the threshold to a state that was disrespecting the other members of the EU.

If you have a point to make about that, please do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭droidman123

Aegir wrote: »

"Intelligence"? Seriously?

We have the whole offended crew in now. Does an alarm go off somewhere?

Kettle, pot, black definitely springs to.mind :rolleyes:
    Definitions of
    rogue nation

Definition as in singular. How many links did you click on before you found one that (kinda) suits.your agenda?
    As I said, the UK's last shambolic proposal was when they IMO crossed the threshold to a state that was disrespecting the other members of the EU.

So this is just your opinion? On a state that you don't hide your hatred of? Well i for one am SHOCKED that you would hold this opinion :rolleyes:

Kettle, pot, black definitely springs to.mind :rolleyes:

Definition as in singular. How many links did you click on before you found one that (kinda) suits.your agenda?

So this is just your opinion? On a state that you don't hide your hatred of? Well i for one am SHOCKED that you would hold this opinion :rolleyes:

Have you anything to say that counters the definition Timbs.

*I have many times explained what it is I don't like about the British state. If you don't get it, that's your problemo.
    #
    BTW: It is the very first definition on google if you look for the meaning. THE meaning I meant, not the one born of your insecurities. (N. Korea and Iran)

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNTgphbty5Vh0voJI-8jIqXaHfGLuQ%3A1569103609887&ei=-Z6GXZ3bNdOe1fAPhMSFSA&q=rogue+nation+meaning&oq=rogue+nation+meaning&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l6j0i22i30l4.13124.15309..15713...0.2..0.147.1110.0j8......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i67.HAhfcvgmj-Q&ved=0ahUKEwjdu6G69uLkAhVTTxUIHQRiAQkQ4dUDCAs&uact=5

• Advertisement

Have you anything to say that counters the definition Timbs.

*I have many times explained what it is I don't like about the British state. If you don't get it, that's your problemo.[/quote]

Nothing to counter, As you clearly state its just your opinion.

Call off the alert squad so. :)

Call off the alert squad so. :)[/quote]

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Remember when this thread was informative?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Padre_Pio wrote: »

It's like a delayed movie screening, the crowd are getting restless.

No. The one is politics is informative.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

No. The one is politics is informative.
    There is a broader cross section of posters here,perhaps not seen elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Imreoir2

RobMc59 wrote: »
    There is a broader cross section of posters here,perhaps not seen elsewhere.

A broader cross section of sh*tposters maybe.

This what I am talking about when I say 'rogue nation' disrespecting the other members of the EU.

The UK know this very well but are pretending as they faff about trying to gain political advantage at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,413 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

This what I am talking about when I say 'rogue nation' disrespecting the other members of the EU.

The UK know this very well but are pretending as they faff about trying to gain political advantage at home.
    I'd let the 'rogue nation'thing go if I were you francie,you persisted with the warship episode to the point of obsession .

RobMc59 wrote: »
    I'd let the 'rogue nation'thing go if I were you francie,you persisted with the warship episode to the point of obsession .

It's you guys have the problem Rob. Sitting in the undergrowth petrified that you'll be compared to North Korea...:D:D Scarlet for you tbh.

rogue nation

It's you guys have the problem Rob. Sitting in the undergrowth petrified that you'll be compared to North Korea...:D:D Scarlet for you tbh.

rogue nation

Care to show where you got that definition from Francie? The dictionaries all.seem.to say differently.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/dictionary.cambridge.org/amp/english/rogue-state
    a nation that is considered very dangerous to other nations

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.collinsdictionary.com/amp/english/rogue-state
    When politicians or journaliststalk about a rogue state, they mean a country that they regard as a threat to their own country's security, for example because it supports terrorism.

I linked to it when you insinuated I searched hard for it. It was the first thing that came up in google.

It's ok Timberrrr nobody compared youse to North Korea and Iran...except you. :)

Classic reveal right there.

I linked to it when you insinuated I searched hard for it. It was the first thing that came up in google.

It's ok Timberrrr nobody compared youse to North Korea and Iran...except you. :)

Classic reveal right there.

From your own link ;)
    Abe made clear that he views North Korea’s move as a serious breach of international expectations for the rogue nation.
    From screaming “death to America” and threating Israel for decades, to arming terror groups around the region and more, Iran is perhaps the ultimate of rogue nations.

Keep up the Brit hating franie, you always manage to bring a smile to my face when you're in full frothing mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭mattser

From your own link ;)

Keep up the Brit hating franie, you always manage to bring a smile to my face when you're in full frothing mode.

Touche :D

From your own link ;)

Francie thinks the UK 'state does not respect other states in its international actions', i.e. presenting bull**** proposals knowing full well they are inadequate.

I don't 'hate the Brits' Timberrrr pet, I hate their attempts to bully others and many parts of their contribution to the world.They have also contributed many good things to the world and no doubt will continue to.

You keep the old mist over the eyes and ignore the bad things or diminish them. Good for you.

Francie thinks the UK 'state does not respect other states in its international actions', i.e. presenting bull**** proposals knowing full well they are inadequate.

I don't 'hate the Brits' Timberrrr pet, I hate their attempts to bully others and many parts of their contribution to the world.They have also contributed many good things to the world and no doubt will continue to.

You keep the old mist over the eyes and ignore the bad things or diminish them. Good for you.

5 minutes looking at your post history will be enough for any newcomer to realise that this is a lie.

• Advertisement

5 minutes looking at your post history will be enough for any newcomer to realise that this is a lie.

5 minutes looking at yours would give them that impression too, as it is all you seem to contribute to these threads...your opinion of me. :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement