Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

threeball wrote:
    Its a bigger climbdown and embarrassment if they don't leave on the 31st as promised. They know theres no other way. Waiting for the EU to cave has failed 3 times now.

That's a humiliation for Johnson and his acolytes but the country will get over that a lot easier than a disastrous Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

I'm just waiting for the Tories to pivot from their "One Nation Conservatism" into "One Island Conservatism" in a slight of hand worthy of Orwell himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

I'm just waiting for the Tories to pivot from their "One Nation Conservatism" into "One Island Conservatism" in a slight of hand worthy of Orwell himself.

What are you on about? Boris isn't a One Nation-er. The group has been pretty open about them being displeased with his antics - https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/25/one-nation-tories-admit-to-sense-of-doom-over-boris-johnsons-tactics

What are you on about? Boris isn't a One Nation-er. The group has been pretty open about them being displeased with his antics - https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/25/one-nation-tories-admit-to-sense-of-doom-over-boris-johnsons-tactics

May and Boris werent real brexiteers either, but here we are.....

Anyway, try not to let your rage get in the way of a laugh every now and again....

Anyway, try not to let your rage get in the way of a laugh every now and again....

Rage? Yeah, ok... Sorry for correcting you.

• Advertisement

Rage? Yeah, ok... Sorry for correcting you.

I'm happy with the clarification.

Preparations continue - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49890034
    High Street bakery chain Greggs is stockpiling pork so that production of its sausage rolls is guaranteed in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

"We are preparing for the potential impact of the UK's departure from the European Union by building stocks of key ingredients," the firm said.

Around 20% of a Greggs sausage roll is made from pork.

:(

Any UK based boardsies doing anything? I've got my Euros already for my Christmas trip home and... that's about it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,233 ✭✭✭threeball

Preparations continue - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49890034

:(

Any UK based boardsies doing anything? I've got my Euros already for my Christmas trip home and... that's about it really.

20% pork in a sausage? Thats piss poor. I'd suggest eating elsewhere if thats what they're serving. 9% eyeball, 15% scrotum.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,650 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

threeball wrote: »
    A wonderfully naive statement. Pretty much any UK government would because they don't give a toss about the north.

I wouldn't be so sure. Even if none of them give a toss about the north, I don't think any government would want to be the government that actually loses it.

Not as the price of Brexit anyway. If it was as a result of a referendum in NI, then more likely.

osarusan wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure. Even if none of them give a toss about the north, I don't think any government would want to be the government that actually loses it.

Not as the price of Brexit anyway. If it was as a result of a referendum in NI, then more likely.

The reality is they would prefer to be rid of it. This is their best chance ever and all they have to do is dress it up a bit. You're still part of the UK, the only difference is a customs border in the Sea which actually benefits you etc.

No one in the UK will be sorry to see it gone. Its a money pit.

• Advertisement

Why are you getting caught up on 'losing' the North? Nobody is losing anything ( excapt fundamental unionists) its simply a matter of changing it's legal status to remain in the customs union.

It wont be 'lost' to the UK or automatically absorbed by the South.

The 6 counties have changed their legal status and definition several times over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

20% pork in a sausage? Thats piss poor. I'd suggest eating elsewhere if thats what they're serving. 9% eyeball, 15% scrotum.....

Your maths is shocking! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

RobMc59 wrote: »
    Your maths is shocking! :)

20% pork,
    9% eyeball,
    15% scrotum
    47% sawdust
    6% dirt etc.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    20% pork,
    9% eyeball,
    15% scrotum
    47% sawdust

the 20% pork consists of scrotum and eyeball

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    20% pork,
    9% eyeball,
    15% scrotum
    47% sawdust

the 20% pork consists of scrotum and eyeball

No it wouldn't, eyeballs and scrotum wouldnt classify as pork except perhaps in a post brexit UK :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

No it wouldn't, eyeballs and scrotum wouldnt classify as pork except perhaps in a post brexit UK :D

:pac: I was going to post the same thing.

20% pig, or 20% "named meat", though sometime that name is Spot or Mittens...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

Whats the story with the 27 EU governments meeting behind the EU and Irelands back

• Registered Users Posts: 69,257 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Whats the story with the 27 EU governments meeting behind the EU and Irelands back

???

Why don't we all gather round and you can tell us the 'story'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

84650681.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Imreoir2

I can only assume this story of yours is fictional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

What's the story with people going around saying "What's the story with the 27 EU governments meeting behind the EU and Irelands back"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Peregrinus wrote: »
    What's the story with people going around saying "What's the story with the 27 EU governments meeting behind the EU and Irelands back"?

"They're havin' a laugh"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

tenor.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,985 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Ireland is one of those governments. How can the EU27 meet behind one of their own's backs when said one will be at the meeting?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

Planning a surprise party

Imreoir2 wrote: »

I can only assume this story of yours is fictional.

Are you doubting the insight of a guy who has staked his entire financial future in the belief that we will all abandon our fiat currencies and come to him begging for his internet fun-bucks because.... reasons?.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Ireland is one of those governments. How can the EU27 meet behind one of their own's backs when said one will be at the meeting?

Made us wait in the hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,127 ✭✭✭Odhinn

???

Why don't we all gather round and you can tell us the 'story'?

Make sure to bring the net and the tranquiliser darts.

Corbynism continues its downward spiral

https://twitter.com/JohnRentoul/status/1179326517970644993

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Corbynism continues its downward spiral

https://twitter.com/JohnRentoul/status/1179326517970644993

46% percent for Tories and Brexit party between them. Lord above.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement