Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

davedanon wrote: »
    Hehe. I've been waiting for cc to turn up all day, ever since Dom ShortCummings's deranged memo early this morning about which EU state* was going to be on the naughty step and feel the wrath of Mighty Blighty come Brexit.

Newsflash, baby. Leo isn't going to roll over in a couple of days. This meeting is merely to support another of Dim Dom's mad notions: “Varadkar doesn’t want to negotiate,” Cummings insists. “He wants to gamble on a second referendum.”

Boris will deliberately screw the pooch at the meeting with Leo, then go back to Westminster braying about how the treacherous Irish have betrayed Brexit and f*cked Britain over once again.

These people quite honestly deserve imprisonment for their crimes against democracy.

Can you explain how he will do this?

Picture the scene, Boris walks in and says we are happy with most of the WA but obviously we can't take the backstop, as a nation with some sense and a spine could not....But yeah, we are up for the rest, even the handing over of the money...how do you and the EU think we can get around the Backstop issue as I have to be clear, it's a non starter...Leo?

Tusks tweet reads like a spoilt child totally losing it. They are rubbish at this game,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Tusks tweet reads like a spoilt child totally losing it. They are rubbish at this game,

Haven't seen you since you mentioned the 27 governments meeting like the illuminati to screw Ireland over.

How did that go again?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

How can you say that. All this talk about how powerful the EU and that the UK will have to bow. I said that the remainers will get wiped out in the next election as they sure will. The back stop is a trap and sure enough it has been shown as such. I rightfully stated that the UK will never sign up to that ever.

Plenty of miles left in this over the next few weeks but it is clear the backstop is gone and the public in the UK have been lifted behind Boris. I have no idea how the EU is gonna deal with that but you can only presume some sort of capitulation sold as a compromise.

Remember : The WA will not be reopned. A backstop is not a backstop unless the EU has control of it.

They were the unmovable EU demands, now in utter tatters.

Yeah I was right, am right, and will be right. Get your money on it.

what colour is the sky on your planet??

The withdrawal agreement is still the only deal. It’s not going anywhere.
    The backstop is core to the withdrawal agreement.

The only way it goes is if it turns into a border in the sea. No need fo the backstop.

Please oh wise mage enlighten me how this is not the case

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Only two mistakes there; they are far from rubbish and they are not playing a game.

• Advertisement

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Haven't seen you since you mentioned the 27 governments meeting like the illuminati to screw Ireland over.

How did that go again?

It was on the mainstream media and the member states were briefed last week on the boris deal directly ...google away.

UK is gonna be grand you know, you do know that right? Brexit is a very smart move by them, very smart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

How did that go again?

It was on the mainstream media and the member states were briefed last week on the boris deal directly ...google away.

UK is gonna be grand you know, you do know that right? Brexit is a very smart move by them, very smart.

Lay off the Trump tweets. Think for yourself.

I'm sure little englanders will have a smile on their faces when they are wiping their arses with dock leaves and copies of the Sun.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/world/british-mps-anxious-about-uks-no-deal-brexit-toilet-paper-supplies-955715.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Maybe EU countries should signpost on entry to their country ‘ after Brexit you will require a permit ‘

I'm sure little englanders will have a smile on their faces when they are wiping their arses with dock leaves and copies of the Sun.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/world/british-mps-anxious-about-uks-no-deal-brexit-toilet-paper-supplies-955715.html

The upspike in dogging will cheer everyone up.

On a more serious note, anyone who believes these types of stories are pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

The upspike in dogging will cheer everyone up.

On a more serious note, anyone who believes these types of stories are pathetic.

But you believe Brexit will be good for the UK so...

But you believe Brexit will be good for the UK so...

I do as I believe in free markets, global trade, independent nations, liberty.

That is why I don't like the EU and like the US. Love Europe, don't love the EU. Tusk is right in his tweet today, the future of the EU is on the line and it doesn't look like they can bully their way out of this.

How did that go again?

I thought we were still waiting on their essay on how the UK was forced to hand back Hong Kong.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    I thought we were still waiting on their essay on how the UK was forced to hand back Hong Kong.

It was a lease you pleb, I explained it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,774 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It was on the mainstream media...

Ah you're one of those guys.

I don't need to read any further.

It was a lease you pleb, I explained it.

And you were shown to be full of it.

Ah you're one of those guys.

I don't need to read any further.

Do you think my (correct) views are just based on mainstream media?

Anyways, posting here a good while, the sudden circling of the waggons from you posters now shows only one thing. YOu are gonna have to get used to it as its happening.

All that nonsense you all were typing about super strong europe and the UK caving is now clearly rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,418 ✭✭✭✭road_high

That is why I don't like the EU and like the US. Love Europe, don't love the EU. Tusk is right in his tweet today, the future of the EU is on the line and it doesn't look like they can bully their way out of this.

The US are the most anti free trade protectionist bullies out there. They dread real free trade as their mediocre manufacturing and “food” sectors are shown up for the abysmal crap that they are. As evidenced by their endless slapping of tariffs on everything
    And as the UK will very soon find out as they attempt to negotiate that “amazing “ trade deal with the USA. You can sell tariff free Chrysler’s and Land rovers to eachother with the added bonus of hormone pumped meat and cheese in a squeezy tube

road_high wrote: »
    The US are the most anti free trade protectionist bullies out there. They dread real free trade as their mediocre manufacturing and “food” sectors are shown up for the abysmal crap that they are. As evidenced by their endless slapping of tariffs on everything

You don't know much on either manufacturing or agri, do you

You don't know much on either manufacturing or agri, do you

You're making generalist statements with no proof or sources and you've been proven wrong multiple times and either double down, ignore posts, or disappear until people forget then reappear with the same little englanders bullsh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,418 ✭✭✭✭road_high

You're making generalist statements with no proof or sources and you've been proven wrong multiple times and either double down, ignore posts, or disappear until people forget then reappear with the same little englanders bullsh*t.

Precisely why I don’t engage with the infantile (and deeply ironic) responses.

Proven? what, when ...you must live in a parallel universe as to what is actually unfolding all around us.

Turn the computer off and go actually find out what is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Meanwhile in our Universe the UK is basically acting the bollocks because they have no plan, have no real interest in a deal and are intent on crashing out in the most damaging destructive and most self defeating way possible. The EU has offered them a legally secure way of withdrawing that is the only workable one on the table but the Brexiteers of course are only interested in Fantastic Unincorns. Maybe they should ask North Korea for some.

Of course if they really want their glorious brand new world Brexit with magical unicorns and flying pigs they could always get a deal if they you know just gave the bloody North back to the republic, took their bigot friends, their stuff and kept their stupidity confined to their own island thank you very much and kindly not throw everyone from both communities under the bus for the sake of their own example of how human stupidity is the cancer of existence!

Infini wrote: »
    Meanwhile in our Universe the UK is basically acting the bollocks because they have no plan, have no real interest in a deal and are intent on crashing out in the most damaging destructive and most self defeating way possible. The EU has offered them a legally secure way of withdrawing that is the only workable one on the table but the Brexiteers of course are only interested in Fantastic Unincorns. Maybe they should ask North Korea for some.

Of course if they really want their glorious brand new world Brexit with magical unicorns and flying pigs they could always get a deal if they you know just gave the bloody North back to the republic, took their bigot friends, their stuff and kept their stupidity confined to their own island thank you very much and kindly not throw everyone from both communities under the bus for the sake of their own example of how human stupidity is the cancer of existence!

Stop vomiting words up that you are programmed to digest. The UK have made it clear, Boris made it clear, the MAy deal is a goer, warts and all, even the money, without the backstop.

If you don't like their ideas put forward your own, as long as they give both the UK and EU independence in the future if it doesn't suit the direction of their plans.

Whats your alternative to the backstop? UK suggested theirs which you don't like.

UK has offered the sun, moon and stars but won't offer a veto on its independance to brussels.

Now, suggest a way forward as the UK offer isn't enough.

UK has offered the sun, moon and stars but won't offer a veto on its independance to brussels.

Now, suggest a way forward as the UK offer isn't enough.

UK agreed on the withdrawal agreement, but then they didn't, and then they did, and then the didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,774 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Every country in the EU is independent.

UK agreed on the withdrawal agreement, but then they didn't, and then they did, and then the didn't.

May agreed it, took it to parliament, 3 times, and it was rejected, never to return.

Anyone who keeps returning to MAy agreed it has lost the argument and is desperate to cling on to it. It's gone, never to return.

The EU could not get their head around the fact something May agreed actually had to get parliament to agree it before it was worth the paper it was printed on.

May agreed it, the UK rejected it, each and every time. Which bit of this are you not getting? It's very simple.

• Advertisement

Every country in the EU is independent.

Sure, bless.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement