Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I am Catholic and voted to leave as I am against cultural and genetic mixing. "Ulstermen" having Eastern European grannies in the future doesn't sit easy with me as a full blooded Ulsterman, actually I am a 7/8th Ulsterman as i had a Connaught great grandparent. Of course I am a "racist" because I want to keep the Ulster race as pure as it can be, I had a black players name on the back of my football shirt as a boy so if anyone calls me a racist I tell them about that.

Oh well that makes a lot of sense, I'm sure there are KKK members who enjoy the odd Will Smith song so that must mean they are not racist too :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Strong words coming out of the stone age cretins in East Belfast tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Any chance Johnson loses his seat in an election with a conservative win overall?

Not a whole lot, he is ahead for PM in every area, every demographic and every region, including London, so his majority will likey increase.

His constituency also has a lot of Jewish people and his opponent has a history there, but he isn't carrying enough weight to take the seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Strong words coming out of the stone age cretins in East Belfast tonight.

Talk is cheap, they won't act politically unless their handlers allow it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Any chance Johnson loses his seat in an election with a conservative win overall?

Whilst theoretically it would be a great prize, Labour probably won't try to hard to get a win here with such a weak candidate.
    They have other targets seats which are much more gettable, and incumbent seats which are very vulnerable. So it makes more sense to concentrate resources there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Registered Users Posts: 69,230 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

J Mysterio wrote: »

Congrats to all those who have waited a long time for these rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Who put the legislation through, i cannot help but this is two fingers to the DUP lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

I am Catholic and voted to leave as I am against cultural and genetic mixing. "Ulstermen" having Eastern European grannies in the future doesn't sit easy with me as a full blooded Ulsterman, actually I am a 7/8th Ulsterman as i had a Connaught great grandparent. Of course I am a "racist" because I want to keep the Ulster race as pure as it can be, I had a black players name on the back of my football shirt as a boy so if anyone calls me a racist I tell them about that.

Jesus that’s nearly as bad as the “I’m not racist I have a color tv”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Jesus Christ, "I'm not Racist, I liked Pele"

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Ralphyroo

Great logic there. Are you sure you're catholic? Never heard any catholic from the north refer to themselves as an ulsterman. And the ulster race is definitely a new one to me

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

"Ulster" is not a race.
    I hate to break it to you but the British broke up the Irish "Uladh" lineages with the plantations a few hundred years ago so even as a Catholic you've probably got a bit of prod in you somewhere.

PS: I'm a staunch republican, I had family members shot at by the British in the 60's and 70's, we remember the snipers at the border going up in the 80's and 90's, níl saoirse gan saoirse Uladh and all that but your viewpoint is arguably more moronic than the DUP!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,980 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I genuinely don't know if you're being serious with this.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

I genuinely don't know if you're being serious with this.
    Really? You think there's a possibility this isn't a joke?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,980 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Really? You think there's a possibility this isn't a joke?

Yeah, actually. Some of the stuff people are buying into nowadays is just insane.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

:-D hilarious!! I guess your ok with women's ethnicity, it's just Ulstermen, right?
    I dunno though if your great grandmother
    Came from Connaught and you have black hair there's every chance your a piece Spanish too....
    Go back far enough and your also English/pict/Celt/German/roman...
    But starting your own ethnicity 'Ulsterman' is genius!!

We have our own ethic group in Cork too.. only it's not identifiable by any physical attribute.
    It's wether you put ' like' at the end of every sentence.. that identifies you as corkonian.... though we will adopt any accent really we thrive on diversity!!

Any day now we'll get our own passports... :-D :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Yeah, actually. Some of the stuff people are buying into nowadays is just insane.
    If you click on the name hyperlink and then choose see more posts you can see the list of conversations that he/she has written to.

There's a series of ridiculous posts about racism.

It's a joke and IMO often amusing so mods do not ban!

What truly makes a Corkman ; like?
    If Cork was to have an independence movement what would be the cultural differences that justify it?
    SeaBreezes wrote: »
    :-D hilarious!! I guess your ok with women's ethnicity, it's just Ulstermen, right?
    I dunno though if your great grandmother
    Came from Connaught and you have black hair there's every chance your a piece Spanish too....
    Go back far enough and your also English/pict/Celt/German/roman...
    But starting your own ethnicity 'Ulsterman' is genius!!

We have our own ethic group in Cork too.. only it's not identifiable by any physical attribute.
    It's wether you put ' like' at the end of every sentence.. that identifies you as corkonian.... though we will adopt any accent really we thrive on diversity!!

Any day now we'll get our own passports... :-D :-D

If you click on the name hyperlink you can see the list of conversations that he/she has written to.

There's a series of ridiculous ones about racism.

It's a joke and often amusing so mods do not ban!

I'm an EU migrant living in pre-Brexit Britain. I've no time for jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

I'm an EU migrant living in pre-Brexit Britain. I've no time for jokes.

Theres always time for jokes. Take the concept of "Get Brexit Done", and then look at some of the details and timelines in the WAB. If you are not falling on the floor laughing, then you are not getting it.

I've a business based in the UK, and I've already made contributions to a fund to lobby on behalf of my industry (we finance cars) as most of our funding comes from German banks. I'm sure every single industry is lining up it's legal guns over the details of the trade agreements: yet some still believe this can be done in under a year. Ha!
    The WAB is just a starting point for years of more political turmoil and new and steeper cliff edges, all the while those who profit on the margins of the ebb and flow of sentiment pocket millions. All the while services like health, education and local authorities suffer neglect and under funding.

This has been, and continues to be, a "Very British Coup" Sometimes you can only smile at the utter stupidity of it all.

• Advertisement

Theres always time for jokes. Take the concept of "Get Brexit Done", and then look at some of the details and timelines in the WAB. If you are not falling on the floor laughing, then you are not getting it.

I've a business based in the UK, and I've already made contributions to a fund to lobby on behalf of my industry (we finance cars) as most of our funding comes from German banks. I'm sure every single industry is lining up it's legal guns over the details of the trade agreements: yet some still believe this can be done in under a year. Ha!
    The WAB is just a starting point for years of more political turmoil and new and steeper cliff edges, all the while those who profit on the margins of the ebb and flow of sentiment pocket millions. All the while services like health, education and local authorities suffer neglect and under funding.

This has been, and continues to be, a "Very British Coup" Sometimes you can only smile at the utter stupidity of it all.

Maybe I'm just inured. I'd point out that I live here and that that makes it hard for me to laugh but then you own a business so you can one-up me on that.

Anyway:

N3xvnO2.png

As an Irish Citizen living and working in Germany the only thing that's changed for me is I'll probably never live in the UK now as it would make more sense to go live in Kiev than London after Brexit.

redcup342 wrote: »
    As an Irish Citizen living and working in Germany the only thing that's changed for me is I'll probably never live in the UK now as it would make more sense to go live in Kiev than London after Brexit.

How do you find living and working in Germany?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

For Brexit humour Borderirish tweet account is really funny:

https://mobile.twitter.com/borderirish?lang=en

How do you find living and working in Germany?

Germany is a nice country to live in, Good quality of life.

How important is being able to speak German?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Gonna jump in here;

Depending on where you live the quality of life is fantastic. If you are willing to work, to try and integrate you will be welcomed with open arms.

How important is being able to speak German?

Depends on what you want to get out of your time in Germany. 20 odd years ago, all I wanted was to have a few pints and do a bit of work behind the bar, had an attitude that everyone wanted to speak English with me. 20 years later I work with/for Germans daily, speak the language at home and my kids are bi-lingual. Speaking or better said trying to learn and speak the language opened doors and created friendships I would never have had without the lingo. As one German said to me..."You are a guest in my country, do as we do and you will be fine. Ever seen a hotel worker or barman being expected to speak German in an Irish village??? Why should we be expected to speak English for you??"

Depends on what you want to get out of your time in Germany. 20 odd years ago, all I wanted was to have a few pints and do a bit of work behind the bar, had an attitude that everyone wanted to speak English with me. 20 years later I work with/for Germans daily, speak the language at home and my kids are bi-lingual. Speaking or better said trying to learn and speak the language opened doors and created friendships I would never have had without the lingo. As one German said to me..."You are a guest in my country, do as we do and you will be fine. Ever seen a hotel worker or barman being expected to speak German in an Irish village??? Why should we be expected to speak English for you??"

Basically, what I have in the UK; a roof over my hand and a decent job. I'd certainly be willing to learn German but I do not speak it. Should really have emigrated by now.

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,230 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

What do you know, Jamie is behind the whole thing:

https://twitter.com/JamieBrysonCPNI/status/1186714505377669120

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What do you know, Jamie is behind the whole thing:

https://twitter.com/JamieBrysonCPNI/status/1186714505377669120

How do you "resist" someone you proclaim loyalty to from betraying you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement