Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Imreoir2 wrote: »
    The video has clearly been cut, it starts in the middle of a sentance with the subtitles saying stuff that is not heard in the video.

True, such is the nature of undercover journalism. If one claims as fact that it has been edited to fit a certain agenda, then one needs to back that up by providing the full footage. Otherwise they are just guessing from their own biased vantage point.
    What do you even think the video shows, specifically?

That the EU elite are composed of snakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,761 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

True, such is the nature of undercover journalism. If one claims as fact that it has been edited to fit a certain agenda, then one needs to back that up by providing the full footage. Otherwise they are just guessing from their own biased vantage point.

You cannot hear for yourself - the cut? :D:D

Dear me, you are so desperate to believe it's actually scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What? Leave won the match!

and are in the process of still getting relegated anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

I suspect you are gonna hate the next decade

Silly boy. I am looking forward to laughing at bojos followers learning that the land of milk and honey does not exist.

The same as I laugh at all Trumps followers who never got their wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Imreoir2

They are snakes because some of their top officials had a meeting to discuss an area that is directly relevant to their work?

And you accuse others of bias?

Do you actually expect people to think your posts are credible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

What? Leave won the match!

The match that mattera is the one between the UK and EU. it hasn't started yet but the UK comprehensively lost the warm up.

First Up wrote: »
    The match that mattera is the one between the UK and EU. it hasn't started yet but the UK comprehensively lost the warm up.

The EU has lost one of its biggest members but the EU won? OK...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

The UK has lost its closest and probably biggest export market.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

1 country against how many?? Who is at a disadvantage???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Imreoir2

As has been said many times before, there are no winners with Brexit.

Except maybe a few trolls on the internet who seem to enjoy the misery Brexit will cause ordinary people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,507 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

One member has left the club and the EU is still intact. The UK, on the other hand, are trying to cast themselves adrift with mere hopes and dreams and the prospect of possible further years of wilderness spent in negotiations trying to fix the mess the Tories have got them into.

You're absolutely bloody delusional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

As has been said many times before, there are no winners with Brexit.

Well Putin, Chairman Xi, Donald Trump + his acolytes and parasitic billionaires & multinational corporations will be big winners at the end of the day.
    I hope the Kid and Crypto have their paws out for their 50 cents from someone anyway so they can get some benefit from the process.

Edit:

Clicked on your video (from wing-nut "news" site that seems to have been set up for tubthumping for Brexit + bashing Commie Corbyn or whatever, by who + for what purpose I could not find out).
    It's obvious that Barnier is discussing the UK's "snakery" here or their hard bargaining tactics if you prefer that.

i.e. UK will try & use Ireland as a game card to play later in the trade negotiations by trying to make sure NI border issues have not been resolved fully during the withdrawal agreement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

There's no winners, only countries trying to mitigate their losses.

The losses to the EU are quantifiable. They are at most everything the UK provided to the EU.

The losses to the UK are unquantifiable. They are at least everything the EU provided to the UK. No one knows what the overall loss will be. The EU has handled British affairs for the past 40 years, so who knows how long it will take them to get back.

I'm leaving this thread for now, there's only speculation until the Brits get their act together and actually leave. Who knows when that'll be.

Not for the first time, you are watching the wrong game.

The UK has lost its closest and probably biggest export

The UK hasnt "lost" any partners - they willingly walked away

Heroic of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

fly_agaric wrote: »
    What's even scarier is their vote cast for the Irish Freedom Party, Identity Ireland or whatever assorted cranks worm out of the woodwork to appear on a ballot is exactly the same worth as anyone else's. You've got to love Democracy sometimes.

I was appalled to see a poll on Niall Boylan's twitter on voting intention. I know his audience has a right wing freak majority, but it is indeed scary how many idiots live and vote in this country. Thankfully, we don't have the same sort of media as the UK to help further their cause and motivate more clownshoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Great bunch of lads....Jolly Good then....
    Only they forgot that they have very little to bring to the table when it comes to doing trade deals......we will buy X every year....then the EU asks....what do we need that only you Jolly bunch of lads have to offer???

Keep walking....the elite jolly few will make money out of Brexit..the normal Joe Soap will suffer....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I was appalled to see a poll on Niall Boylan's twitter on voting intention. I know his audience has a right wing freak majority, but it is indeed scary how many idiots live and vote in this country. Thankfully, we don't have the same sort of media as the UK to help further their cause and motivate more clownshoes.

If the right cause & person to embody that (+ funding to drive it!) comes along to whip them up they are out there. In all democracies to a lesser or greater extent.

Euroscepticism/"Irexit" isn't that cause at present, I doubt it will ever be. Although the way nutty conspiracy theories were lapped up during 1st Lisbon Treaty referendum & willingness to blame economic crash here on "the Germans" etc among some quarters shows there is an appetite there for it when circumstances are right.

I think that Casey's poll in last presidential election (23 %) might be as good a proxy measure as any for the ceiling for this sort of politics in Ireland at the moment.

Heroic of them.

If more countries follow, then yes, I would say very very heroic. Fair play to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

What a terrible attitude.........'right wing freaks'?

So just because some people believe other than you. Then it's ok for you to attack them?

They could believe in yellow men on the moon but thats up to them as is whatever you believe in.

I thought Ireland was supposed to be a 'Free' country? Or is that only as people say, believe, think and do as 'you'?

• Advertisement

If more countries follow, then yes, I would say very very heroic. Fair play to them.

They see how the UK gets on first. We will see the extent of their heroism (and everything else) after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭SantaCruz

He has claimed as fact that the recording has been clipped to give a different context. Where is the proof of this? Has he seen a more complete video? If so share it and we can take his claims seriously. I made a claim that Barnier is no saint and backed it up with video evidence.
    But your video shows Barnier explaining why they want Ireland sorted in the first phase of the talks, so that the Brits can't exploit us. This shows him in a great light.

Do you have any video that shows him doing something bad?

It doesn't even have to be SECRET.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭SantaCruz

I suspect you are gonna hate the next decade

I suspect you're gonna learn some humility, if you are still capable of learning.

SantaCruz wrote:
    I suspect you're gonna learn some humility, if you are still capable of learning.

The football chants might be more muted by then. I expect that's why they are roaring them out before kick off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,127 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

SantaCruz wrote: »

I'd say that if you are still here in 2030 there might be a version of this thread still running.

And the usual suspects will be telling you about the 17m voters and how they are definitely leaving and anyone who talks about dates or decades is just a sore loser ;)

They see how the UK gets on first. We will see the extent of their heroism (and everything else) after that.

So if a guy enters a burning building to save a child and he dies in the process, he is not a hero?
    SantaCruz wrote: »
    But your video shows Barnier explaining why they want Ireland sorted in the first phase of the talks, so that the Brits can't exploit us. This shows him in a great light..

Where does he say that? Could you give me a timestamp? I don't see that at all... As far as I can see, he is showing blatant disregard for Ireland. Like we are some kind of pawn. And therein lies one of the main problems with the EU and giant government - people born in France, working in Brussels tend not to give a sh1t about us. We need to be ruled by those whom we elect ourselves. You can tell me all the usual BS about the EU that it is the most democratic organization on Earth but it is clear for us all to see, once we don't have our heads buried deep in the sand, that the EU is in charge of Ireland. We have given them too much power. They are losing grip though, thankfully.

And the usual suspects will be telling you about the 17m voters and how they are definitely leaving and anyone who talks about dates or decades is just a sore loser ;)

LOL we shall see soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

What a terrible attitude.........'right wing freaks'?

So just because some people believe other than you. Then it's ok for you to attack them?

They could believe in yellow men on the moon but thats up to them as is whatever you believe in.

I thought Ireland was supposed to be a 'Free' country? Or is that only as people say, believe, think and do as 'you'?

Ireland is a free country and it's my right to label a degenerate appropriately. Couple of lads in this thread need help, looks like you can also be added to that list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

Ireland is a free country and it's my right to label a degenerate appropriately. Couple of lads in this thread need help, looks like you can also be added to that list.

I see carry on then with your insults.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,640 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So if a guy enters a burning building to save a child and he dies in the process, he is not a hero?

Where does he say that? Could you give me a timestamp? I don't see that at all... As far as I can see, he is showing blatant disregard for Ireland. Like we are some kind of pawn. And therein lies one of the main problems with the EU and giant government - people born in France, working in Brussels tend not to give a sh1t about us. We need to be ruled by those whom we elect ourselves. You can tell me all the usual BS about the EU that it is the most democratic organization on Earth but it is clear for us all to see, once we don't have our heads buried deep in the sand, that the EU is in charge of Ireland. We have given them too much power. They are losing grip though, thankfully.

You are wrong, you are putting your own spin on what he says, again, I reiterate.....you are wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement