Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

So if a guy enters a burning building to save a child and he dies in the process, he is not a hero?

Interesting metaphor but if lots of people are happy to stay in the building and others are queuing to get in, it might be worth checking if the fire and the child in danger are not just the product of a vivid imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Nothing wrong with them quotes.

Indeed. You've made up your mind that Brexit is a good thing and then work from that point despite not being able to produce one scintilla of evidence that it is.

The fact that you use terms like 'femboy', 'cuck', 'soyboys', and whatnot, is evidence that you're influenced by reactionary frauds that you consider voices of reason.

I've little doubt that, when the effects of Brexit sets in, you'll make excuses about non-believers, you'll use the 'no true scotsman' excuse, you'll blame the EU for being unreasonable and so on.

If Brexit Britain returned to subsistence farming you'd find a way to justify it as beneficial or blame it on someone else. Brexit for you, and people like you, is a belief system, it's your very own version of a 'cargo cult'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Imreoir2

What a terrible attitude.........'right wing freaks'?

So just because some people believe other than you. Then it's ok for you to attack them?

They could believe in yellow men on the moon but thats up to them as is whatever you believe in.

I thought Ireland was supposed to be a 'Free' country? Or is that only as people say, believe, think and do as 'you'?

Since when is it a requirement of a free country that no-one is allowed to criticise your beliefes? I thought that was a basic element of a free society, no?

As far as I can see, he is showing blatant disregard for Ireland. Like we are some kind of pawn.

Where does he say that? Could you give me a timestamp? I don't see that at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Where does he say that? Could you give me a timestamp? I don't see that at all... As far as I can see, he is showing blatant disregard for Ireland. Like we are some kind of pawn.

Found it was excerpted from 2nd part of a 2 part "fly on the wall" documentary about Brexit shown on BBC2 called "Brexit: Behind Closed Doors".

If you watch below for about 2 min you'll get it all and see full context (worry our "tricky" border issue will be used as leverage over the EU in a trade deal).
    (edit: if does not start to play at correct point go to 35 min 04 sec, or use the link below the embedded video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbbEmRBpQWE&feature=youtu.be&t=2104 (at 35:04)

So, not quite a "secret expose" of the treachery of the EU "snakes" after all, more an exercise in open democracy that was perverted by others with their own agenda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

Indeed. You've made up your mind that Brexit is a good thing and then work from that point despite not being able to produce one scintilla of evidence that it is.

The fact that you use terms like 'femboy', 'cuck', 'soyboys', and whatnot, is evidence that you're influenced by reactionary frauds that you consider voices of reason.

I've little doubt that, when the effects of Brexit sets in, you'll make excuses about non-believers, you'll use the 'no true scotsman' excuse, you'll blame the EU for being unreasonable and so on.

If Brexit Britain returned to subsistence farming you'd find a way to justify it as beneficial or blame it on someone else. Brexit for you, and people like you, is a belief system, it's your very own version of a 'cargo cult'.

And when none of these scare stories happen???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Oh, so you can predict the future as well now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

They are already happening.

Stockpiling food and medecine
    The disaster organising ferries.
    The dissolution of government twice.
    Manufacturing has worst quarter in a decade.
    GBP fell from 1.42 to 1.06 and now 1.17 (a high not seen since mid 2017).
    Growth in average earnings down, average wages down.

You can attribute some of this to an overall slowdown in the global economy, but the UK is doing worse since Brexit than everyone else and there is absolutely no evidence to show that things will get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Then the rest of the world's countries will have a new economic model to follow.

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    They are already happening.

Stockpiling food and medecine
    The disaster organising ferries.
    The dissolution of government twice.
    Manufacturing has worst quarter in a decade.
    GBP fell from 1.42 to 1.06 and now 1.17 (a high not seen since mid 2017).
    Growth in average earnings down, average wages down.

You can attribute some of this to an overall slowdown in the global economy, but the UK is doing worse since Brexit than everyone else and there is absolutely no evidence to show that things will get better.

1.1993 EUR = 1 GBP 30 June 2016.

You really need to stop lying.

Do people in real life take you more seriously then people online? hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

fly_agaric wrote: »
    Found it was excerpted from 2nd part of a 2 part "fly on the wall" documentary about Brexit shown on BBC2 called "Brexit: Behind Closed Doors".

If you watch below for about 2 min you'll get it all and see full context (worry our "tricky" border issue will be used as leverage over the EU in a trade deal).
    (edit: if does not start to play at correct point go to 35 min 04 sec, or use the link below the embedded video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbbEmRBpQWE&feature=youtu.be&t=2104 (at 35:04)

So, not quite a "secret expose" of the treachery of the EU "snakes" after all, more an exercise in open democracy that was perverted by others with their own agenda.

Thanks for that, I'll have a look

1.29 the day the referendum date was announced in Feb 2016

Lowest rates since the 2010 recession earlier this year.
    Lowest rates against the dollar since 1985.

If you don't think there a corrolation between Brexit and the pound in the gutter then you're beyond saving.

Thanks for that, I'll have a look

It's ironic that a EU loving bbc made a bbc 4 programme with such gems in it that it swung so many more to the brexit side.

That programme right there, in Guys/ Barnier etc.. own words showed what thye wanted. The backstop exit at the EU's own decision....

They have none of these items now, no CU, no SM, No bactstop. In Negoiation terms Boris and Co beat them in weeks. The next year will be much worse for them.

It's ironic that a EU loving bbc made a bbc 4 programme with such gems in it that it swung so many more to the brexit side.

That programme right there, in Guys/ Barnier etc.. own words showed what thye wanted. The backstop exit at the EU's own decision....

They have none of these items now, no CU, no SM, No bactstop. In Negoiation terms Boris and Co beat them in weeks. The next year will be much worse for them.

Do you not find it strange that nobody, no newspapers, online sources, other posters here, nobody agrees with what you're saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭mattser

Do you not find it strange that nobody, no newspapers, online sources, other posters here, nobody agrees with what you're saying.

Not saying I'm agreeing with Crypto for a moment, but same could be said about the election of President Trump.
    In other words, don't be so presumptive.

People in glass houses should not throw stones,

The referendum took place on the 23rd of June 2016, surely you remember that date? Your currency point is a week after the result was anounced, that week was a sh1tshow for the pound.

GBP for most of the year before the referendum had been over €1.35. In the months leading in to the vote it started to slowly lose ground due to fears that the vote might actually pass. When it did pass the currency fell from €1.30 to €1.16 in a few days and stayed under €1.20 ever since.

Not at all, look who runs the media.

My first thought with the link was "BBC, must be BS"

But in the interests of integrity, ill give it a look

Who runs "the media".

The whole media. All of the media.

My first thought with the link was "BBC, must be BS"

But in the interests of integrity, ill give it a look

When you do, I would ask your opinion of those who lied about it being "secret footage" and cut out a clip from it in such a way as to misrepresent the EU entirely.

Very clearly fake news if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Big swinging mickey, why do you get so upset by it all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭SantaCruz

Where does he say that? Could you give me a timestamp? I don't see that at all... As far as I can see, he is showing blatant disregard for Ireland. Like we are some kind of pawn.
    Can you give a timestamp for where he shows disregard for Ireland? Thanks.

Ah I see the whole SECRET video was posted. Not secret at all, part of a documentary. So your source was bullsh!t.

But also it's clear that you are wrong: Barnier is talking about Britain trying to use Ireland as a pawn n the negotiations, just as I said. Just the opposite of what you said.

Glad we cleared that SECRET up.

Is it the Jews? Sorry, I mean 'international financiers'. That's the dogwhistle, right?

Good man Ron. I'm not sure you grasped the point of the backstop - it's not needed now that Boris folded and gave us a frontstop.

Keep up the quality content though - you're the funniest thing on Boards right now.

SantaCruz wrote: »
    Good man Ron. I'm not sure you grasped the point of the backstop - it's not needed now that Boris folded and gave us a frontstop.

Keep up the quality content though - you're the funniest thing on Boards right now.

Frontstop? A frontstop with an exit clause.

Good stuff.

Frontstop? A frontstop with an exit clause.

Good stuff.

The backstop by another name.

The backstop was a default status that would be implemented if they couldn't find a solution to the border (exit clause).

The fronstop is the same default status they're implementing right now until they find a solution to the border(exit clause).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,342 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

SantaCruz wrote: »
    Is it the Jews? Sorry, I mean 'international financiers'. That's the dogwhistle, right?

Nah, the Internet Right are all about the Jews these days. Haven't you heard? They all think Bibi and his crowd are great.

It's the Lefties that control the meeeja now.

Despite the fact that the BBC produced a complete hatchet job on Corbyn and Labour this year. They're still "run" by the Left apparently.

:rolleyes:

The backstop by another name.

The backstop was a default status that would be implemented if they couldn't find a solution to the border (exit clause).

The fronstop is the same default status they're implementing right now until they find a solution to the border(exit clause).

You need to watch that BBC 4 programme, watch it about ten times until it sinks in.

They discuss the backstop and what they from an EU perspective wanted to use the backstop for.

They lost that, badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

Tony EH wrote: »
    Nah, the Internet Right are all about the Jews these days. Haven't you heard? They all think Bibi and his crowd are great.

Despite the fact that the BBC produced a complete hatchet job on Corbyn and Labour this year. They're still "run" by the Left apparently.

well, as long as they are the right kind of left

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »

They are very left, not corbyn left but very much the pro remain left.

Hopefully they will have their funding pulled.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement