Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,402 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

The word .....'IF' means things like....just in case...

So nobody has as you say 'said it'.........but it warns you not to think that way. So nobody has to provide with any sources it is a term of speech.

In any case it is irrelevent as the events which are about to unfold regardless of who you hate, or scoff at, or blame, or wish bad too, or anything.............arent going to change what will happen here.

Its a bit like a group of old woman witnessing a car accident and they then stand around on the corner babbling on about what they saw and whose fault it is and what should happen to them and why it wont.

The point is......its p*ssing down with rain, the cars on fire and we dont have any transport......and we aint got no money.

So the important points are........How the f*ck are we going to get home.

lol

You're arguing with an imaginary foe

That's the definition of lunacy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

lawred2 wrote: »
    lol

You're arguing with an imaginary foe

That's the definition of lunacy

Imaginary foe is what is going to happen here after Brexit starts.

Similar conversations were had around our way in 2006 and 2007 as the builders took their helicopter lessons and ordered one. They couldnt see housing bubble end either.

All you have to do is wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

For those who ridiculously think that Leo has this powerful position at the head of the EU and is going to command and dictate to all in Irelands favour............ARE YOU SERIOUSLY THAT STUPID?

Do you think for one moment that Macron and Merkal and whoever is going to let little Paddy and his banana republic orchestrate talks in favour of Ireland

What was that about insults?

More than some beaurocrat in Brussels.

Have not had a chance to watch the BBC vid, will get to it today....

Regarding the Jews, high IQ in general, I like them.

Do you like the bureaucrats in London?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

SantaCruz wrote: »
    Is it the Jews? Sorry, I mean 'international financiers'. That's the dogwhistle, right?

See also: 'Globalists'

• Advertisement

I am not saying that Britain is going to have a rosey future.

I am not saying anything at all about Britain except ...NOW THEY WILL BE LEAVING AND IT ALL STARTS NEXT MONTH.

What I am saying is forget all that and realise ....WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN HERE.

For those who ridiculously think that Leo has this powerful position at the head of the EU and is going to command and dictate to all in Irelands favour............ARE YOU SERIOUSLY THAT STUPID?

Do you think for one moment that Macron and Merkal and whoever is going to let little Paddy and his banana republic orchestrate talks in favour of Ireland over what may happen elsewhere in the EU countries like Germany and France?

Do you really think Little Leo has an equal say at that big table?

If you do you are seriously deluded.

We are nobody in the big scheme of things and if deals are struck with the UK to suit other places in the EU at the expence of Ireland then those in Brussels will do it in a heartbeat without even thinking.

That is simply business.

If what you say is true, then why would Macron and Merkel etc have waited 3.5 years to shaft us, as you say they now will? It's peculiar to think that they would **** us over NOW, having had our back unwaveringly since June 2016, isn't it?

How do you explain this, please?

What sort of racist dogwhistle is this? Are you referring to Bret Stephens' piece in the NYT talking about the 'superior IQ' of Ashkenazi Jews that cited the 'research' of a discredited eugenicist?

And does it have a corollary? Are there groups of people or races that you consider 'low IQ' and that you dislike?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

You don't need to watch the whole documentary & risk a case of hives (or turning into a pile of dust). If you are honest with yourself the way it was (mis)represented by that Vote Watch "news" site (est. Apr 2019) should make you question where you imbibe your information from.

It didn't for crypto though, so :confused:. Just wove it into his narritive & continued banging out the key talking points into the ether for next few pages.

<<Sighs>>

davedanon wrote: »
    If what you say is true, then why would Macron and Merkel etc have waited 3.5 years to shaft us, as you say they now will? It's peculiar to think that they would **** us over NOW, having had our back unwaveringly since June 2016, isn't it?

How do you explain this, please?

They havent and I never said they did. But why all the drama was going on we were 'useful' to them. All that is gone now as the date is set for the end of this month.

Nobody is going to f*ck Ireland over intentionally unless they have a good reason which may come up down the road. But to honest I cant see what use we are in any way forward.

Truth is the big boys are going to put their interests first above all else because they must and because they can.

It's not vindictive. It's just business.

For instance VW and Mercedes are going to be at the top while some Irish pigs and cows arent really are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I explained why you are wrong in 8997.

• Advertisement

This garbage is really not worth engaging with, just complete uninformed drivel.

The problem is universal now though. Actual informed, reasonable people with some level of intellect just get tired of interacting with the type of bull**** spouted by your 'Crypto's', 'Kids' and 'boredStiff' types... and that's a kind of victory to them.

They don't need to engage in honest debate or refer to actual facts... They just need to be consistent until it drives you to despair.

Brexiteers, Trumpeters, Irish Freedom Party types. The internet has empowered them no end and spares them the humiliation they would not so easily side step in person.

They havent and I never said they did. But why all the drama was going on we were 'useful' to them. All that is gone now as the date is set for the end of this month.

Nobody is going to f*ck Ireland over intentionally unless they have a good reason which may come up down the road. But to honest I cant see what use we are in any way forward.

Truth is the big boys are going to put their interests first above all else because they must and because they can.

For instance VW and Mercedes are going to be at the top while some Irish pigs and cows arent really are they?

Look. For the umpteenth time. Like you said, it's 'business'. Or, more accurately, since it's not just about business, realpolitik. People on here keep banging on about the EU being run by the Germans, and how they and the French (who also run it) are gonna fúck us over. But it hasn't happened. They have steadfastly stood shoulder-to-shoulder behind us, along with the other 24 countries in the EU.

And do you know why? It's because the very existence of the whole project depends on it. The Brits were bleating about German car manufacturers dictating Merkel screw us over. It didn't happen. I haven't read or heard of a single negative comment from Wolfsburg about us. So stop with this nonsense.

The EU is a fragile alliance of many countries - some big, but most small. How would they react if we got shafted over Brexit "by France and Germany"? The whole shooting match would fall apart. So this is just ludicrous, inflammatory shíte you're talking.

First Up wrote: »
    I explained why you are wrong in 8997.

Found it.

The single market is great if you are in it but restrictive as well. For instance you cant go and source goods cheaper if you are in it.

Outside it you can and they will.

Look. For the umpteenth time. Like you, it's 'business'. Or, more accurately, since it's not just about business, realpolitik. People on here keep banging on about the EU being run by the Germans, and how they and the French (who also run it) are gonna fúck us over. But it hasn't happened. They have steadfastly stood shoulder-to-shoulder behind us, along with the other 24 countries in the EU.

And do you know why? It's because the very existence of the whole project depends on it. The Brits were bleating about German car manufacturers dictating Merkel screw us over. It didn't happen. I haven't read or heard of a single negative comment from Wolfsburg about us. So stop with this nonsense.

The EU is a fragile alliance of many countries - some big, but most small. How would they react if we got shafted over Brexit "by France and Germany"? The whole shooting match would fall apart. So this is just inflammatory shíte you're talking.

It's only inflammatory because you dont agree with it because you dont like it.

All I have ever said is ....just wait and see what happens at end of month.

Whatever I say or think or say here aint gonna make the slightest difference.........just the same as you.

All you can do is prepare.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    This garbage is really not worth engaging with, just complete uninformed drivel.

The problem is universal now though. Actual informed, reasonable people with some level of intellect just get tired of interacting with the type of bull**** spouted by your 'Crypto's', 'Kids' and 'boredStiff' types... and that's a kind of victory to them.

They don't need to engage in honest debate or refer to actual facts... They just need to be consistent until it drives you to despair.

Brexiteers, Trumpeters, Irish Freedom Party types. The internet has empowered them no end and spares them the humiliation they would not so easily side step in person.

Says the man with nearly 10,000 posts on here......let alone anywhere else:D

Found it.

The single market is great if you are in it but restrictive as well. For instance you cant go and source goods cheaper if you are in it.

Outside it you can and they will.

I don't think it works that way, mate. Otherwise those thousand-page trade agreements must consist mostly of blank pages.

Says the man with nearly 10,000 posts on here......let alone anywhere else:D

As many reasonably well-informed types have been patiently doing since Trump got elected. Trying to counter the rubbish people like you spout 24/7.

I don't think it works that way, mate. Otherwise those thousand-page trade agreements must consist mostly of blank pages.

Well I thought and the news and commentators and papers and tv has been full of Britain to go off and source trade elsewhere which they couldnt do within the EU. For years they have been saying that.

If you knew better you should have told them.

As many reasonably well-informed types have been patiently doing since Trump got elected. Trying to counter the rubbish people like you spout 24/7.

Whats Trump got do with it now?

Well I thought and the news and commentators and papers and tv has been full of Britain to go off and source trade elsewhere which they couldnt do within the EU. For years they have been saying that.

You can still trade with other countries. It's that the parameters of said trade are set by the EU. Doesnt mean you can't buy fidget spinners from China.

• Advertisement

It's only inflammatory because you dont agree with it because you dont like it.

All I have ever said is ....just wait and see what happens at end of month.

Whatever I say or think or say here aint gonna make the slightest difference.........just the same as you.

All you can do is prepare.

Yes. Let's wait. If I'm wrong I'll come on here and admit it. But somehow I think you and certain others will be on here spinning like dervishes and trying to make defeat look like glorious vindication.

Actually, why don't you spell out what exactly you think is going to happen? It will give us a good laugh all around re-posting your unrealised fantasies.

Trump and now Brexit/Boris have consumed me, and many people I know online, for the last three and a half years.

More often than not, those who support Brexit also support Trump. Even where they don't, they very often share similar outlooks and hold similar (preposterous) beliefs and values.

You mean the Brit redtops and the Tory press? Word to the wise, pal. They're full of crap.

Yes. Let's wait. If I'm wrong I'll come on here and admit it. But somehow I think you and certain others will be on here spinning like dervishes and trying to make defeat look like glorious vindication.

Actually, why don't you spell out what exactly you think is going to happen? It will give us a good laugh all around re-posting your unrealised fantasies.

Do you know what's going to happen then 'Oh Wise One'.

Then neither do I and I dont claim to have a crystal ball either but I have had my own businesses over the years and know from experience what happens........and that is anything because it is basically ......war.....dog eat dog.

So I don't make predictions but I dont live in airy fairy fluffy lovely land either.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    More often than not, those who support Brexit also support Trump. Even where they don't, they very often share similar outlooks and hold similar (preposterous) beliefs and values.

He is thousands of miles from me. I have no care what he does as long as it doesnt make my life bad. I am not one of these idiots who are completely obsessed with a man in another country.

He is thousands of miles from me. I have no care what he does as long as it doesnt make my life bad. I am not one of these idiots who are completely obsessed with a man in another country.

He is making your life bad. You just haven't realised it yet. do you have kids, by any chance?

He is making your life bad. You just haven't realised it yet. do you have kids, by any chance?

No I don't but I am now mystified how Trump comes into this and how or why he is affecting me and I am now so dumb I just dont know he is affecting me.

I am seated so hit me with it.

Do you know what's going to happen then 'Oh Wise One'.

Then neither do I and I dont claim to have a crystal ball either but I have had my own businesses over the years and know from experience what happens........and that is anything because it is basically ......war.....dog eat dog.

So I don't make predictions but I dont live in airy fairy fluffy lovely land either.

I love how the keyboard warriors on here are proudly claiming to be hard-nosed business types, self-made men who live in 'the real world'. It's like they like to think the people they're debating with on here are all deluded airy-fairy liberal professors who live in ivory towers and don't have 'real jobs'.

• Advertisement

No I don't but I am now mystified how Trump comes into this and how or why he is affecting me and I am now so dumb I just dont know he is affecting me.

I am seated so hit me with it.

I am not going to derail the thread, but if you don't see how Brexit/Trump/Orban/Bolsonaro/Duterte/Putin all align and all belong to the same malign paradigm then there's no point in me explaining it to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement