Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

And by NI, I mean Small Island Brits, just so you understand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

davedanon wrote: »
    And by NI, I mean Small Island Brits, just so you understand.
    There are as many if not more ‘ Not Brits ‘ in Northern Ireland these Days .

This is why the future of Northern Ireland is very much up for debate . This has not gone un-noticed by Big Island Brits either . Imagine how much they could save for example .

blinding wrote: »

This is why the future of Northern Ireland is very much up for debate . This has not gone un-noticed by Big Island Brits either . Imagine how much they could save for example .

So it's expensive. That's your argument.

So it's expensive. That's your argument.
    Expensive is an understatement:eek:

Its like burning money in a wood burner on a grand scale:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Since when did countries start to chip parts of themselves off because they were expensive?

• Advertisement

timetogo1 wrote: »
    Since when did countries start to chip parts of themselves off because they were expensive?
    When 50% + 1 said they want out of there:D

When 50% + 1 said they want out of there:D

And that's going to happen soon, is it?

And that's going to happen soon, is it?
    It could potentially happen within 10 years maybe sooner .

Thats not long .

'could', 'potentially', 'within', 'maybe'.

Riiiight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Riiiight.

It's not.

Plenty of hardcore Unionists need to die of old age before we'll get a united Ireland.

I will say though that one area of negotiation that Britain has experience in is giving away it's land to other countries.

A Hong Kong like agreement could see a ten year or longer transition period, which would be perfect for us.

• Advertisement

I can't make up my mind whether the north's bloated civil service would be an intractable, and enormously expensive problem for us, or if we could sort it out fairly easily, and just assimilate NI relatively painlessly into an economically-expanded Ireland.

Riiiight.
    You are floating on De-Nile . Enjoy yourself .

I can't make up my mind whether the north's bloated civil service would be an intractable, and enormously expensive problem for us, or if we could sort it out fairly easily, and just assimilate NI relatively painlessly into an economically-expanded Ireland.
    Nae bother to FFG.

You are floating on De-Nile . Enjoy yourself .

Better than talking shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Wouldn't overly surprise if this was real and not a photoshop.

499918.jpg

499918.jpg

So does the misspelling make it more, or less, likely to be genuine?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So does the misspelling make it more, or less, likely to be genuine?

the answer to that is very obvious.

the answer to that is very obvious.

You might think, but, have you fully considered the blinding stupidity of Boris and his band of merry Brexiters?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Seems Megxit has overshadowed Brexit at the moment.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

499918.jpg

Remember these?

skynews-brexit-50p-photo-from-treasury_4742357.jpg?bypass-service-worker&20190811011539

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement

You might think, but, have you fully considered the blinding stupidity of Boris and his band of merry Brexiters?

I think we might be misunderstanding each other. for me, the spelling mistake makes it more likely to be genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭threeball

Wasn't it Toad of toad Hall, Mr Farage that was fond of the independence day phrase.

More Brexit stupidity. Now there's a clamour to have Big Ben fixed in time to RING OUT OUR FREEDOM on Jan 31st. Bread and circuses. It's all the lumpen masses care about, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

davedanon wrote:
    More Brexit stupidity. Now there's a clamour to have Big Ben fixed in time to RING OUT OUR FREEDOM on Jan 31st. Bread and circuses. It's all the lumpen masses care about, really.

Well we have people in these threads who feel threatened by the EU flag and "Ode to Joy" so symbolism and circuses seem to be important when they have little else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Can we take this as an indication that the British are beginning their diverging, with grammatical divergence?

Cunning plan, if so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

ambro25 wrote: »
    Can we take this as an indication that the British are beginning their diverging, with grammatical divergence?

Cunning plan, if so :pac:

I have noticed a few posters use american english spelling,whether thats because they are american or Ireland is tending to use their spelling remains to be seen.

RobMc59 wrote: »
    I have noticed a few posters use american english spelling,whether thats because they are american or Ireland is tending to use their spelling remains to be seen.

boards.ie is setup with an american spellchecker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

RobMc59 wrote: »
    For the avoidance of doubt: my post was about the '31rd' of January on that pin, not Francie's spelling.

I don't believe American has diverged so much from English yet, to the extent of replacing '31st' with '31rd'...then again, I make it a point in life to avoid Trump's testiculations, so I could well be mistaken and remain, as ever, open to correction (English is my 3rd language, see :))

'Testiculation' is a new one on me. Very good. A twitter thread by the always-excellent Tony Connelly on upcoming UK-EU negotiations on Level Playing Field (LPF) provisions on trade. It's gonna get nasty...

https://twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1217210053033447430?s=20

• Advertisement

ambro25 wrote: »
    For the avoidance of doubt: my post was about the '31rd' of January on that pin, not Francie's spelling.

I don't believe American has diverged so much from English yet, to the extent of replacing '31st' with '31rd'...then again, I make it a point in life to avoid Trump's testiculations, so I could well be mistaken and remain, as ever, open to correction (English is my 3rd language, see :))

you'd never know it. What are the first two?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement