Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

Lets take it that are in the UK, I gather that the NHS still has free healthcare. (At least for now, the Yanks haven't taken it over yet and you probably still have enough "fordeners" to keep it running).
    I assume that their services include help for people with delusions? If I was someone with delusions, or knew someone who suffered from them, now might be a good time for that person to get some help, while it is still freely available. Just saying' ......

According to crypto, they cannot access the public health service because they have purchased health insurance. I am still waiting for crypto to provide supporting information/evidence of this "fact" as I can't find any, especially here in Ireland, and I believe it's the same in the U.K..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Imreoir2 wrote: »
    Guess what you can do when you have a majority in Parliament, change the law.

Parliament cannot change EU law /facepalm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Imreoir2

Parliament cannot change EU law /facepalm

Leaving the EU merely requires the letter be delivered from the memberstste which wishes to leave. EU law cannot hold a memberstate prisoner as a member of the EU. Johnson could have left without a deal if he wanted to, clearly he did not want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

DubInMeath wrote: »
    According to crypto, they cannot access the public health service because they have purchased health insurance. I am still waiting for crypto to provide supporting information/evidence of this "fact" as I can't find any, especially here in Ireland, and I believe it's the same in the U.K..

I have private health Insurance, I live in the UK, I have accessed and used N.H.S public health services several times over the last few years.

Put that lie up there with his "many houses" lifestyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Imreoir2 wrote: »
    Leaving the EU merely requires the letter be delivered from the memberstste which wishes to leave. EU law cannot hold a memberstate prisoner as a member of the EU. Johnson could have left without a deal if he wanted to, clearly he did not want to.

Clearly yes, he has publicly stated it many times and negotiated a deal with the EU /double facepalm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

That's strange - most UK residents* can access NHS services with or without private health insurance but those with use it to supplement what is available on the NHS.

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/do-you-need-private-medical-insurance

Free Services
    GP and nurse consultations in primary care, treatment provided by a GP and other primary care services are free of charge to all, whether registering as an NHS patient, or as a temporary patient, which is when the patient is in the area for more than 24 hours and less than 3 months.

For secondary care services, the UK’s healthcare system is a residence-based one, which means entitlement to free healthcare is based on living lawfully in the UK on a properly settled basis for the time being.

The measure of residence that the UK uses to determine entitlement to free NHS healthcare is known as ‘ordinary residence’. This requires non-EEA nationals subject to immigration control to also have the immigration status of indefinite leave to remain.

Individuals who are not ordinarily resident in the UK may be required to pay for their care when they are in England. However, some services and some individuals are exempt from payment.
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-entitlements-migrant-health-guide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭SantaCruz

Hey smart arse, I'm gonna call you out on your talk. Yes, i worked the former year's for the British military, worked the colonies

How interesting that you have a colonial mindset and are in favour of Brexit. A huge surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No GP fees over here either. It does mean you have to plan 2 weeks in advance when you're going to be sick.

I thought one day wait back in D15 was bad.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    That's strange - most UK residents* can access NHS services with or without private health insurance but those with use it to supplement what is available on the NHS.

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/do-you-need-private-medical-insurance

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-entitlements-migrant-health-guide

Yep found that too.
    Their argument, if you want to be kind, was that they couldn't access the private health care system here in Ireland because they had private health insurance and wanted their tax back.

Between crypto and the other poster, who seems to identify as two different genders depending on what argument they are trying to get a rise out of, the brexit support show on here hasn't been to close to being accurate or factual.

I have private health Insurance, I live in the UK, I have accessed and used N.H.S public health services several times over the last few years.

Put that lie up there with his "many houses" lifestyle.

Most likely their military service in the "colonies" also

• Advertisement

I wonder would he care to tell us where and when he served?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Don't forget the millions he made on bitcoins

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Gosh. Wonder if he/she knows there are no longer any British colonies.
    There are British Territories.
    These are them:
    Anguilla
    Bermuda
    British Antarctic Territory
    British Indian Ocean Territory
    British Virgin Islands
    Cayman Islands
    Falkland Islands
    Gibraltar
    Montserrat
    Pitcairn Islands
    Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha
    Saint Helena
    Ascension Island
    Tristan da Cunha
    South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
    Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia
    Turks and Caicos Islands.

I am intrigued as to what military service on which territory was performed.
    War in the Falklands?
    Attempt to capture mutineers from The Bounty on Pitcairn?
    Guarding Napoleon on St Helena?
    Shooting to kill on Gibraltar?

Protecting dodgy bank accounts in the Caymans?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

The fun wil start on 1st Feb when Sharon and Macolm will be queuing three hours to get through Immigration at Malaga

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Edgware wrote: »
    The fun wil start on 1st Feb when Sharon and Macolm will be queuing three hours to get through Immigration at Malaga

Instead of being in the queue with the Irish and French, they'll be in the queue with the Pakistanis and Africans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Instead of being in the queue with the Irish and French, they'll be in the queue with the Pakistanis and Africans.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the transition period include a maintenance of freedom of movement until its conclusion?

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Gosh. Wonder if he/she knows there are no longer any British colonies.
    There are British Territories.
    These are them:
    Anguilla
    Bermuda
    British Antarctic Territory
    British Indian Ocean Territory
    British Virgin Islands
    Cayman Islands
    Falkland Islands
    Gibraltar
    Montserrat
    Pitcairn Islands
    Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha
    Saint Helena
    Ascension Island
    Tristan da Cunha
    South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
    Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia
    Turks and Caicos Islands.

I am intrigued as to what military service on which territory was performed.
    War in the Falklands?
    Attempt to capture mutineers from The Bounty on Pitcairn?
    Guarding Napoleon on St Helena?
    Shooting to kill on Gibraltar?

Protecting dodgy bank accounts in the Caymans?!?

Somebody had to round up the people of the Chagos Islands so that the UK could steal their land - a crime against humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

He lives in the UK, why does he need german beer? UK beer is much better.

Can he get shipped a palate

:pac: :pac: :pac:

He lives in the UK, why does he need german beer? UK beer is much better.
    Yes, and British food is the best too.

*cough*

SantaCruz wrote: »
    Yes, and British food is the best too.

*cough*

Oi!!!! You ain't lived till you have had jellies eels, Greggs sausage rolls and a proper cup of tea :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Are you a Racist ?

blinding wrote: »
    Are you a Racist ?
    Not sure where you are getting that from. He might be suggesting that the English would find that uncomfortable? Particularly the folks who voted Brexit because there are too many brown people in England.

Not sure where you are getting that from. He might be suggesting that the English would find that uncomfortable? Particularly the folks who voted Brexit because there are too many brown people in England.
    The Post appeared to be , looking down on the Pakistanis and Africans .

Seemed Racist .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Oi!!!! You ain't lived till you have had jellies eels, Greggs sausage rolls and a proper cup of tea :D

From those vast English tea fields :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Id almost bet money the usual holiday haunt airports like faro will have a queue just for brits in the summer months, making them feel special and seperating their loudness from both us EU citizens and the rest of the world.

Id almost bet money the usual holiday haunt airports like faro will have a queue just for brits in the summer months, making them feel special and seperating their loudness from both us EU citizens and the rest of the world.
    Are you Bigoted against British people ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Brexit will be the biggest plus for the UK ever!

Well they will play it that way and good luck to those who believe it.

Will turn out to be BRINO I think, just because of the timeframe involved. And they realise it too. Bare bones agreement, and more to come over years. Honestly. But what the heck, it is what they decided to do.

They will never really leave anyway. And I would kick them at every opportunity for saying that they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Such faux outrage

ohwontanybodythinkofthechildren.jpg

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,302 ✭✭✭✭branie2

11 days to go now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

I got a warning against being british

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement