Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Trump threatened UK with 25% car tariffs unless it agreed to accuse Iran of breaking nuclear deal, hey, that was easy for the UK. "Iran, you broke the deal".

Today, Trump threatened the EU with 25% car tariffs and 25% on a host of other goods unless they get the trade deficit gone. Yep, that means US agri products for cars.

I would be much more worried about the EU/US negotiations. UK has no issue doing a deal with the US.

Umm. No. Here is U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin talking, in Davos yesterday, about the UK's intention to impose digital taxes:

"They’ll find themselves faced with President Trump’s tariffs.”

Just a taste of what's to come for the UK if they don't shut up and do what they're told.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭swampgas

Trump threatened UK with 25% car tariffs unless it agreed to accuse Iran of breaking nuclear deal, hey, that was easy for the UK. "Iran, you broke the deal".

Today, Trump threatened the EU with 25% car tariffs and 25% on a host of other goods unless they get the trade deficit gone. Yep, that means US agri products for cars.

I would be much more worried about the EU/US negotiations. UK has no issue doing a deal with the US.

The bit you're missing here is that this is another example of the US saying "Jump!", and the UK saying "How high?".

One could be forgiven for thinking that any US/UK trade deal is going to be somewhat one-sided ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

Umm. No. Here is U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin talking, in Davos yesterday, about the UK's intention to impose digital taxes:

"They’ll find themselves faced with President Trump’s tariffs.”

Just a taste of what's to come for the UK.

it was well covered by the UK media. I have little or no concern of this as the UK needs to bullish move towards a very low tax economy now anyway, something poeople and business will get to enjoy.

How is the EU gonna face being made to play fair or get shut out?

swampgas wrote: »
    The bit you're missing here is that this is another example of the US saying "Jump!", and the UK saying "How high?".

One could be forgiven for thinking that any US/UK trade deal is going to be somewhat one-sided ...

How is this different to taking rules from a bunch of communists in Brussels. At least the US is actually a powerful nation with a bright future.

it was well covered by the UK media. I have little or no concern of this as the UK needs to bullish move towards a very low tax economy now anyway, something poeople and business will get to enjoy.

How is the EU gonna face being made to play fair or get shut out?

That's where they'll go. Good little American poodles.

The EU will negotiate from a position of strength given its size. Britain well, no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

How is the forum holding up after Trump today at Davos, Javid doubling down yet again and the whining moans of a sucked Merkel.

I have no doubt just like the former Iraqi information minister they are saying all is good in the world.

Wellington-heads-in-sand-close-up1.jpg

When all else fails.

That's where they'll go. Good little American poodles.

The EU will negotiate from a position of strength given its size. Britain well, no.

EU has no strength for a fair deal with the US. They have blocked and winged it long enough and Trump is putting it to an end.

No more protectionism ..they're toast

EU has no strength for a fair deal with the US. They have blocked and winged it long enough and Trump is putting it to an end.

No more protectionism ..they're toast

I suppose the EU has been taking advantage of the US for quite a while, in fairness. Pity Trump didn't get around to sorting it out during his presidency. But look, he'll sort out a nice fair deal for the UK before leaving office because the UK is so important.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭swampgas

How is this different to taking rules from a bunch of communists in Brussels. At least the US is actually a powerful nation with a bright future.

Your grasp of reality seems to have almost disappeared completely.

There is so much wrong with that statement I'm just going to laugh and move on.

• Advertisement

I suppose the EU has been taking advantage of the US for quite a while, in fairness. Pity Trump didn't got around to sorting it out during his presidency. But look, he'll sort out a nice fair deal for the UK before leaving office because the UK is so important.

now i know you don't have an idea what is going on in the world as you seem to be implaying that Trump is not gonna have a second term, and you are doing it with some certainty

You need to get used to Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

swampgas wrote:
    There is so much wrong with that statement I'm just going to laugh and move on.

Crypto's contributions carry all the intellectual weight of someone ringing a doorbell and running away.

Leave him at it; reality will intrude eventually and we can all move on then.

now i know you don't have an idea what is going on in the world as you seem to be implaying that Trump is not gonna have a second term, and you are doing it with some certainty

You need to get used to Trump

Well, if I were Johnson, I'd be hoping for a change of POTUS. No point finding yourself outside the tent trying to negotiate with a lunatic.

How is the forum holding up after Trump today at Davos, Javid doubling down yet again and the whining moans of a sucked Merkel.

I have no doubt just like the former Iraqi information minister they are saying all is good in the world.

Still waiting on evidence I.e. links to back up your claim that you can't access public health services because you have private health insurance. Your earlier attempted deflection actually contracted what you said.

Are you posting this as a male or as a female?

Trump is pretty much guaranteed a second term.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Are you posting this as a male or as a female?

Why is that relevant? I am biologically male and I identify as female FWIW

Why is that relevant? I am biologically male and I identify as female FWIW

Of course you do and it's obvious from your posts on gender studies etc.

Still waiting on evidence I.e. links to back up your claim that you can't access public health services because you have private health insurance. Your earlier attempted deflection actually contracted what you said.

it's exactly what i meant from the start. There is no univerial health care yet I have to pay for it for others and then pay my insurance.

it's exactly what i meant from the start. There is no univerial health care yet I have to pay for it for others and then pay my insurance.

So you meant one thing but said something completely different that couldn't be backed up. Seems familiar some how.

• Advertisement

So you meant one thing but said something completely different that couldn't be backed up. Seems familiar some how.
    You understood it as you seen fit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

A picture of Irish Obedience and Adoration to the Eu !:eek:
    How did that work out with the British Empire and the Catholic Church Empire ?:eek:
    Just moving that Obedience and Adoration to the Eu :eek::eek: What can possibly go wrong ?:eek::eek:

blinding wrote: »
    How did that work out with the British Empire and the Catholic Church Empire ?:eek:
    Just moving that Obedience and Adoration to the Eu :eek::eek: What can possibly go wrong ?:eek::eek:

50 odd percent voting against the last EU treaty is hardly adoration. We know its not perfect but we'd be in a tough place without it.

You understood it as you seen fit

I seen it as exactly how you wrote it

Quote: cryptocurrency
    Well I don't approve of any healthsystem that I pay from my taxes and still require to have a private health plan. The 7/8/9% of my taxes that goes to maintain a system I don't use should be refunded and I should be given the option to opt out of public health care if I am paying private.

If people want to stick with the public system it should be a choice. The system here is much worse thne the UK as we have to pay twice but are not allowed to use the public system.

Waking up a triple-combo of crypto, kid, and blinding with his emoji.

This thread is like cocaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

blinding wrote: »

Hey you're back! How did your last thread ban go?
    Democracy
    DeMoCrACy
    DEMOCRACY!!!!

Waking up a triple-combo of crypto, kid, and blinding with his emoji.

This thread is like cocaine.

do you have a job? 4am?

I seen it as exactly how you wrote it

Quote: cryptocurrency
    Well I don't approve of any healthsystem that I pay from my taxes and still require to have a private health plan. The 7/8/9% of my taxes that goes to maintain a system I don't use should be refunded and I should be given the option to opt out of public health care if I am paying private.

If people want to stick with the public system it should be a choice. The system here is much worse thne the UK as we have to pay twice but are not allowed to use the public system.

nothing wrong with any of that, says the same ass i did yesterday.

Whats your view on the 31st of October? it's that kinda level,

nothing wrong with any of that, says the same ass i did yesterday.

Whats your view on the 31st of October? it's that kinda level,

So more I meant something but said something else that I can't backup.

You can use the public system here even if you have private health insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

do you have a job? 4am?

Different timezone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement