Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options
1322323324325326328»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Interesting that you ignore that most of the house who opposed it weren't the ERG. More importantly you also ignore the ridiculous shenanigans of forcing extensions and holding the government to ransom with the Fixed Term Parliament Act because they were too chicken to have an election until the Lib Dems put pressure on them.

Emily Thornberry still says having an election was a bad idea!

How forgetful you are.
    Et tu. Remember the 2017 election? Were most of the MP's elected then Hard Remainers? Like the DUP who were in government? ERG?

Your original statement was to blame the stalemate on the 'hard remainers.' Nothing could be further from the truth - the government you elected, had 3 chances to ratify a WA and failed each time, usually by huge majorities. So, *leavers* voted against the WA each time.

If anything, voting against the WA was bipartisan politics at its best for the UK. That's gone for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

Igotadose wrote: »
    Et tu. Remember the 2017 election? Were most of the MP's elected then Hard Remainers? Like the DUP who were in government? ERG?

Your original statement was to blame the stalemate on the 'hard remainers.' Nothing could be further from the truth - the government you elected, had 3 chances to ratify a WA and failed each time, usually by huge majorities. So, *leavers* voted against the WA each time.

If anything, voting against the WA was bipartisan politics at its best for the UK. That's gone for now.

UK IS GONE NOW, SUCK IT UP

The last parliament was a disgrace and full of liars who stood on a manifesto to see brexit through and once in they tried public to stop it. Anna Subry etc, they were all on record saying they would do it and then become poison. The blow back has been huge and made brexit even harder. Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

UK IS GONE NOW, SUCK IT UP

Gone?

Really?

There I was thinking they'll be in the EU at least until the end of the year. Anyone taking bets on whether they'll ask for an extension on the transition?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Gone?

Really?

There I was thinking they'll be in the EU at least until the end of the year. Anyone taking bets on whether they'll ask for an extension on the transition?
    Your British boyfriend has publicly dumped you. If you need counselling I suggest you get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Imreoir2

blinding wrote: »
    Your British boyfriend has publicly dumped you. If you need counselling I suggest you get it.

The ex is now trying to negotiate an open relationship with everyone they know while standing on the street with their clothes in a plastic bag, and its starting to rain.

• Advertisement

My British girlfriend didn't know how good she had it. She's now walking the street, flaunting herself to anyone with money, hoping they'll pick her up.

Her friends Scotland and NI are looking to ditch her and get back with me.

Imreoir2 wrote: »
    The ex is now trying to negotiate an open relationship with everyone they know while standing on the street with their clothes in a plastic bag, and its starting to rain.
    They are more than Democratically happy with their decision. Love democracy, it is the only thing that wants you to be free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Imreoir2

They are more than Democratically happy with their decision.

Except Scotland, and NI...

They are more than Democratically happy with their decision. Love democracy, it is the only thing that wants you to be free.

And will you fully support Scotland and NI I they democratically decide to leave Britain and rejoin?

Would you support Britain in a second referendum?

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    And will you fully support Scotland and NI I they democratically decide to leave Britain and rejoin?

Would you support Britain in a second referendum?
    Surely Northern Ireland and Scotland will have no problem getting 50%+1 to leave the United Kingdom . I am sure I have made it absolutely clear how much in favour of Democracy I am.

Britain as a whole have made it clear that they want to leave the Eu. = Bye Bye Eu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,591 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: 10k post limit approaching. New thread is here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement